Socom Feedback report

• Directors

Ok guys, I wanted to put a post up where we can discuss issues as well as make suggestions for Socom to Zipper...

Guys this thread needs to be serious and professional becuase Zipper is looking for feedback.

For bugs you should also post here http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4-Issues-and-Exploits/bd-p/socom4issues.

Take off the 8 member limit to create a room. This room says unranked so who cares if it is 1v1. A simple lobby like the co-op has will work. Maybe a green up option there as well. And be able to make it with multiple maps of your choice instead of the only one map I believe it is has now.

Come up with an easier way for your clan mates/friends to all be together in a game other than clan challenge. Sitting there trying to join your friends for 20 minutess waiting for a space to open up is infuriating. Even if we get in the same room it is difficult to get them all on the same side.

Come up with an easier way for your clan mates/friends to all be together in a game other than clan challenge. Sitting there trying to join your friends for 20 minutess waiting for a space to open up is infuriating. Even if we get in the same room it is difficult to get them all on the same side.

they are putting a party system in rock, that should take care of that.

I wish I had more time to edit my loadout pre-game. I would also like to be able to edit my loadouts in the "external lobbyies" before actually being put into the game. It's annoying that I have to wait for the game to start and then I have like 10 seconds to do what I want.

I would personally like to see the classic mic system, be turned into the open mic system from standard(respawn). I would also like to have a small dot in the middle of my cross hairs to have a scene of where my first bullet(s) will be aimed when I fire. I would also like the option to change the view from one shoulder to the other along with being able to lean side to side. It just seems the left and right on the d-pad could be used to lean/change camera view points. I would like the create a room feature to be password protected and be more like past socoms, where I could make the room then be sent to the lobby and from there people could join, so I can see who's joining and so I don't have to sit in the quote state wondering who else is in the room. There really does need to be a party system in the game along with a better mute system. Right now if you mute some members on your team by the next game you have clan members and friends muted and have no idea how it happened. I would also like the ability to change the cross hairs on my sights, the bold yellow cross hairs can't be the only things out there right. I really enjoy socom 4 and these are all just thing I think would make the game better.

Edited by Last-

-Player speed is too fast, need to slow them down.

-Being able to change shooting positions from left hand to right hand and vi-versa

-Fix the delay spawning issue

-Bring back the lean system, its bad when theres someone directly below you and you can find an angle to shoot them bcause you cant lean nor change your weapon postion.

-Being able to completely customize your controller setting.

-Fix the communication system, its really bad.

-Being able to change shooting positions from left hand to right hand and vi-versa

-Bring back the lean system, its bad when theres someone directly below you and you can find an angle to shoot them bcause you cant lean nor change your weapon postion.

Sadly I don't think this is an issue, I think it was intended. I don't know if you've noticed, but the earlier you die, the laster you spawn next round. The only way you have no delay is if you don't die that round before.

Sadly I don't think this is an issue, I think it was intended. I don't know if you've noticed, but the earlier you die, the laster you spawn next round. The only way you have no delay is if you don't die that round before.

If that's the case then it fucking sucks. Im usually one of those that rush and int order to get to decent positions before the enemy sees me i need to be fast. but waiting 15 seconds to spawn is crap it changes my whole game, i cant hardly get of the spawn cause by that time everyone else is already posted in good positions waiting for dumbasses like me.

the mic sucks

the lag to respawn sucks

would really like to lean

would love to roll prone

Pistols

encumbrance.. i mean really, weapons loose so much strat without encumbrance to worry.. that has always been a deciding fact for me, if not then what's the diference between a LMG and an assault? cause accuracy in this game is hardly notable.. a guy carring a assault and a SMG cant run as fast as one with sniper .50 and LMG, makes no sense. i would like the option to equip or not equip stuff for the sake of encumbrance..

Edited by Hellraiser

I take it you haven't been spawn sniped yet? Nothing more infuriating than spawning late then dying instantly. I think a round countdown timer should be added to beginning of each round to solve this problem.

I would like to see the faster fire rate and extended mags on the sub machine guns be actual attachments. You should have to chose between a Silencer, Fire Rate, or Extended Mag.

Edited by Pillorian

I dont like how when an objective is being complete like defusing a bomb or capturing a point it is advertised on the top of the screen for everyone to see. Not an issue in respawn but in classic you cant really sneak to a point,bomb,etc. and capture/defuse discretely. Does this also mean if Demo is brought back you will advertise to the other team that you are planting the bomb?

As for late spawning no way that is intentional. In some maps if you spawn late you can be killed/sniped before you spawn.

Those are my 2 main issues that are reasonable. I would love no cover in classic and custom controls but I dont see them happening.

Mic system- Make it open mic in classic, or make it exactly the way it was. The whole not being able to key up for ten seconds is very detrimental to tactical gameplay.

I agree with ID. The player speed os entirely too fast. In the Beta it was way too slow, now it's way too fast.

Lobbies, lobbies, lobbies. And PW protected rooms. And the ability to make multiple map private rooms.

-I would add that they need a lobby system. Not a party system, a good old school sit in the lobby and bitch if you want system.

-I also don't like the weapons Mods, all weapons should be available and customizable.

- The mics and controllers need to be fixed first.

• 4 weeks later...

Can I please get the ability to pick and choose which attachments are on my gun. I'm not talking about being able to pick my own 5 costume mods for each gun "which would be amazing if I could" but what I'm talking about turning on and off the mods for when I want them. Take the ak-102 when you get to mod 5 you get the 203 grenade launcher, Well I don't want that on my gun so why can't I take it off ? These are simple things that should have been in the game.

Ya you can take off the suppressor and scopes but I dont understand why you can't take off the M203. Even though it doesn't really affect your gun.

It's not that it affects the gun it's just that in some modes because it's attached, your unable to use that gun. You get a error massage of something like "Invalided load out" and it's because M203s aren't allowed but you can't take it off. So you are then FORCED to change your weapon which just blows my mind zipper would do that.

-Late Spawning is the biggest issue. I don't think its an intentional thing they added at all. Since I went a whole round without spawning or waited 15-20 secs. also Sniped quite a few people while they were still spawning. I know they were pissed because it was the same people over and over :laser:

- Cant emphasize how lobby's like all the past socoms are a must. I have probably played with 2-4 people in my clan since the launch.

- Grenades, I just don't get them. I've gotten many kills with them but I have no idea where I'm throwing them. I see the opponent and pray that it lands next to them. sometime it feels as though the game is assisting you allot in the grenade throws I really cant find the words to explain it. I just know when I get killed by them I'm like wtf it literally landed in my pocket. Bring back the Arc...

- longer time to be able to switch sides and actually being able to switch regardless if there is an even amount of players on each side. Thus is another reason to bring back the old server lobbies.

-Camera angles and player speed which I know they will be fixed.

-Like ruthless said, the game announcing to both teams when an objective is being complete. defeats the purpose of stealth or the element of surprise.

-And lastly the mic issue.

Edited by iDnTyX

I am also very confused when it comes to grenades. When I played the beta you were lucky to get ONE grenade kill, and then they patched it and now half of the kills in a game are grenades.

On the small maps it is overwhelming because the amount of grenades everywhere is obnoxious. Its like an arial bombardment throughout the whole game.

I am also very confused when it comes to grenades. When I played the beta you were lucky to get ONE grenade kill, and then they patched it and now half of the kills in a game are grenades.

On the small maps it is overwhelming because the amount of grenades everywhere is obnoxious. Its like an arial bombardment throughout the whole game.

It was like that in S2, hence why Black was a no-boom tourney. Hell it was worse on S2, since there were so many maps you could get naded right off the bat in the spawn.