ps4, new xbox in 2014?

The next Xbox and the next PlayStation won't be released until 2014, if Microsoft and Sony have their way, industry sources tell Kotaku. Both companies are hoping to wait out the current generation, and extending an already elongated console life-cycle despite clear signs that Nintendo will launch its next machine by the end of 2012.

more....

-----------

http://kotaku.com/#!5794000/microsoft-and-sony-targeting-2014-for-new-consoles-leaving-nintendo-in-the-clear

Better not be. What the hell, I don't want to pay another $300 for a PS4. Just update it via software, jeez. It will probably still be able to play with PS3's and will just be an updated version of it, like with cameras or something, lol.

The ps3 is grossly outdated. The video card and ram are pathetic in today's world. You will only need to look at a bf3 pc vs ps3/Xbox comparison to see it. I would be pretty surprised if Sony and Microsoft drag this technology out another two years.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

Better not be. What the hell, I don't want to pay another $300 for a PS4. Just update it via software, jeez. It will probably still be able to play with PS3's and will just be an updated version of it, like with cameras or something, lol.

$300?! I paid $600. And then another $300 when my 60gb took a dump.

The ps3 is grossly outdated. The video card and ram are pathetic in today's world. You will only need to look at a bf3 pc vs ps3/Xbox comparison to see it. I would be pretty surprised if Sony and Microsoft drag this technology out another two years.

PC's are like that though... a top end pc today is outdated in a year, grossly in 2. console people don't want to buy a new console every 1-2 years.

Guest Attitude
PC's are like that though... a top end pc today is outdated in a year, grossly in 2. console people don't want to buy a new console every 1-2 years.

True dat! I had a PC built for movies & gaming when the COD game right before Modern Warfare came out. Then when Modern Warfare 2 came out, My PC couldn't support it. What was the time frame between those games, maybe 2 years! Thats when I converted to the PS3.

I can live with a new Playstation being released in 2014....but not any sooner than that. Just about to buy a Slim PS3 and I would be a bit annoyed if Sony was to announce a new console a year from now. I was always a fan of Nintendo...but they just don't have a line-up of games that would make me buy their console these days. And I have no intention of buying a console for one franchise....I love me some Mario Bros. but my pockets 'ent that fat.

True dat! I had a PC built for movies & gaming when the COD game right before Modern Warfare came out. Then when Modern Warfare 2 came out, My PC couldn't support it. What was the time frame between those games, maybe 2 years! Thats when I converted to the PS3.

I have got a 500 dollar video card I am pretty sure I'm good for a while especially since most games these days you can scale back the settings.. and you can have multiple cards. All I know is when Devs start saying things like we had to scale the console version back quite a bit you got a problem.

If we use your thinking though the ps3 is 5 years old. If your PC was out dated in 2........

Edited by Crusty_Demons

That's exactly what brought me back to console gaming... I got tired of the "pc upgrade rat race". You buy a new pc, everything runs great. After one year you are running everything at "reduced settings" (IE you are now at a disadvantage in multiplayer games), 2 years low settings. Upgraded needed.

Atleast with consoles it's a level playing field... the game runs the same on every system, graphics, framerate, etc.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

That's exactly what brought me back to console gaming... I got tired of the "pc upgrade rat race". You buy a new pc, everything runs great. After one year you are running everything at "reduced settings" (IE you are now at a disadvantage in multiplayer games), 2 years low settings. Upgraded needed.

Atleast with consoles it's a level playing field... the game runs the same on every system, graphics, framerate, etc.

As long as by every system you are excluding PC's.. there are no games that run at 120 frames per second on a console and believe me it is a huge difference. The way we are heading with portal 2 being cross platform it will become a factor.

• 1 month later...