Peyton Hillis Wins Madden 12 Cover Vote

madden-12-peyton-hillis-mock-530w.jpg

Witness! Cleveland has a new — and most unlikely — sports icon in Peyton Hillis, who has been voted to the cover of Madden 12. Hillis, the could-be star running back for the Browns, trounced Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick in the final round of EA Sports’ five-week, bracket-style cover competition. Hosted in collaboration with ESPN, the vote-driven promotion featured a player representative from 31 one of the NFL’s 32 teams and … the Seahawks fans (who were eliminated in the first round).

Hillis’ inspiring run, no doubt propelled by the passionate (desperate?) Cleveland fans that have been aggressively campaigning across social media networks, included defeating Green Bay Packers QB and Super Bowl MVP Aaron Rodgers, the bracket’s #1 overall seed. “I didn’t think I had a shot,” said the humble Hillis during ESPN’s “SportsNation” show this afternoon, during which the winner was announced.

Both Hillis and Vick were present on set for segments of the hour-long episode, doing their best to remain composed and engaged in the topics presented by hosts Michelle Beadle and Colin Cowherd, while a countdown timer ticked away. With the lights dimmed, Cowherd excitedly announced that “almost 13 million people voted” before he declared Hillis as the winner. The beefy back was then awkwardly goaded on by the two hosts, and even Vick, to show his “guns” as the show cut out for SportsCenter.

[Note: Not official cover art.]

gfx.php?type=thumbs&value=0

Score: 0 (0 votes cast)

powered.png

Urgent Fury Command: digg.png sphinn.png delicious.png facebook.png mixx.png googlebookmark.png blogospherenews.png email_link.pnglinkedin.png live.png msnreporter.png myspace.png pdf.png twitter.png yahoomyweb.png yahoobuzz.png blogplay.png diigo.png dotnetkicks.png friendfeed.png linkagogo.png linkarena.png myshare.png ping.png yiggit.png addtofavorites.png

di

di

UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=qj6IDK7rITs

G74bAUuxacQ

More...

I got lucky and picked this Guy up after week 1 in my fantasy league last year as a free agent. He started for me every week after that with the exception of the bye and tore it up.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

Edited by Crusty_Demons

I got lucky and picked this Guy up after week 1 in my fantasy league last year as a free agent. He started for me every week after that with the exception of the bye and tore it up.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

Drafted him and helped me get to the Super Bowl (I lost though).

Born and raised a Browns fan ! Picked him up after week one also, had him in every week with AP as my other RB! Had many offers from ppl in my league wanting trade but held on to my Bad Ass Brown with a death grip lol !

If they stiffen up the D a lil more and get 2 good wide outs mark my words with Hillis and McCoy staying put the Browns could go the distance !

Sent from my hole in the wall on a iPhone using Tapatalk