Hackers claim to have access to CC info from PSN

It sound like a hoax to me. It's like when someone once stole a great piece of art, then everyone said they had it and people made fakes and sold them to buyers, claiming it was the real piece. This sounds like the same thing. Claim to have the numbers and sell them to people who believe you. Make a ton of money and give them nothing but fakes.

Edited by Last-

Depending on the depth of the "hack" They could have any credit card number ever used on the PSN system. By getting the accounting systems charge report for each major card company, they would not only have your card number but a previous authentication number from the CC company.

This is only one of the reasons I have never used my CC for online purchases. I use PSN gift cards and nothing else, when using the PSN. For other things like e-bay and online stores I use PayPal. If my PSN info was taken then the guy that got it is fully entitled to the $4.12 that was in my “walletâ€. He / She must need it far more then I do.