Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!

How were there remains if he was killed by a missile.

Bin Laden killed "In a mansion outside Islamabad along with other family members."

A senior U.S. counterterrorism official said bin Laden was killed in a ground operation in Pakistan, not by a Predator drone.

Up Close & Personal!!! :thumb:

Edited by Nemesis

I like to hit diff news sites around the world to hear their take on it.

BBC reports that 30-40 US navy seals came in on helicopters from afganistan under pakistani radar and repelled onto the roof of the complex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

I like to hit diff news sites around the world to hear their take on it.

BBC reports that 30-40 US navy seals came in on helicopters from afganistan under pakistani radar and repelled onto the roof of the complex.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-13256676

Last night it was 20 and the chopper went down because of mechanical failure.

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

The Navy SEAL team of military operatives who killed Osama bin Laden in a compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan on Sunday night was made up of some of the best-trained troops in the world. SEAL Team Six, the "Naval Special Warfare Development Group," was the main force involved in Sunday's firefight.

The daring operation began when two U.S. helicopters flew in low from Afghanistan and swept into the compound where Osama bin Laden was thought to be hiding late Sunday night Pakistan time, or Sunday afternoon Washington time. Twenty to 25 U.S. Navy SEALs disembarked from the helicopters as soon as they were in position and stormed the compound. The White House says they killed bin Laden and at least four others with him. The team was on the ground for only 40 minutes, most of that was time spent scrubbing the compound for information about al Qaeda and its plans.

The Navy SEAL team on this mission was supported by helicopter pilots from the 160th Special Ops Air Regiment, part of the Joint Special Operations Command. The CIA was the operational commander of the mission, but it was tasked to Special Forces.

U.S. Navy Sea, Air and Land Teams, commonly known as SEAL Teams, are the best of the best. Their creed is to be "a special breed of warrior ready to answer our nation's call."

"We are reminded that we are fortunate to have Americans who dedicate their lives to protecting ours," President Obama said today. "We may not always know their names, we may not always know their stories, but they are there every day on the front lines of freedom and we are truly blessed."

"There are other operations going on around the globe constantly," said Capt. Duncan Smith, a SEAL spokesman who spoke with ABC News.

In 2009, another SEAL team was instrumental in rescuing the American captain of the cargo ship Maersk Alabama from armed pirates off the coast of Somalia. On that mission, SEAL snipers fired perfect shots -- from the deck of a heaving ship -- to neutralize three pirates, with three bullets, simultaneously. The SEALs began their work in 1942, when military leaders decided to set up an elite team to scout beaches suitable for landing troops in World War II.

These men have done all of this in anonymity. It is standard procedure never to identify members of Team Six.

"A lot of those missions -- a majority of those missions -- are ones that the public will never know about... and that's a good thing," Smith said.

Navy SEALs toil in the dark of night, tasked with the most daring, dangerous and important missions. To become a SEAL, those men completed some of the most brutal training regimens ever devised, designed to push the boundaries of even the most able service members. Only one third of recruits eventually become SEALs.

"You have to be able to endure a lot of physical pain and sometimes emotional pain, and you just have to dig deep. It's an elite organization and so it can't be for everybody," said Paul Tharp, master chief of the Naval Special Warfare Preparatory School and a SEAL for 24 years.

"What sets SEALs apart is our diversity in terms of the environments in which we operate," said Smith, also a SEAL for 24 years. "We operate at 10,000 feet in the Hindu Kush Mountains. We operate in desert regions in Iraq and elsewhere. We operate in jungles throughout the world."

As of 2009, there were 2,500 active duty SEALs. With the expanding war on terror and missions in 30 countries, the Navy needs more, but finding young men who can meet the SEALs' standards is a challenge.

"We are not looking for cocky kids," said Senior Chief Hans Garcia, a SEAL recruiter. "The perfect person would be a candidate who is remarkably physically fit, but is pretty humble, an analytical thinker, a problem solver -- someone who is very value-oriented, patriotic, puts service above self."

To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.

This was ours...to theirs...

Problem is, this is war. Which means it doesn't stop after this exchange.

Ball's in their court...and the ball will be coming back.

We've just taken out their "twin towers." The reaction will most likely be measurable to what ours was.

I believe things will get scary.

Though I was in disbelief, and shocked, at the news last night, though it's a small step in this war, I wish this surreal, unbelievable moment didn't have a frat party backdrop outside the House gates during the coverage last night. Seeing college kids jump and chest bump one another while everyone is singing "Hey-ey-ey, goodbye" like they were at a baseball game. It's a war in which last night was a really, teeny, little step.

War ain't over, little college kids. We got a man, not the network.

Men are easy to kill. America was able to take care of the easy part.

Killing the idea...to me, that's when a celebration is warranted.

Any celebration prior to that only adds fuel to an already uncontrollable fire...and stokes some hearts.

I think it will stoke theirs more than it will stoke ours.

And again...now the ball's in their court.

I'm happy we got him.

Was really hoping we could have turned him into a prisoner rather than a martyr, though I'm certain the killing was a necessity during those crucial minutes.

But I'm happy we got him.

Next couple weeks/months sure may prove interesting.

To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction.

This was ours...to theirs...

Problem is, this is war. Which means it doesn't stop after this exchange.

Ball's in their court...and the ball will be coming back.

We've just taken out their "twin towers." The reaction will most likely be measurable to what ours was.

I believe things will get scary.

Though I was in disbelief, and shocked, at the news last night, though it's a small step in this war, I wish this surreal, unbelievable moment didn't have a frat party backdrop outside the House gates during the coverage last night. Seeing college kids jump and chest bump one another while everyone is singing "Hey-ey-ey, goodbye" like they were at a baseball game. It's a war in which last night was a really, teeny, little step.

War ain't over, little college kids. We got a man, not the network.

Men are easy to kill. America was able to take care of the easy part.

Killing the idea...to me, that's when a celebration is warranted.

Any celebration prior to that only adds fuel to an already uncontrollable fire...and stokes some hearts.

I think it will stoke theirs more than it will stoke ours.

And again...now the ball's in their court.

I'm happy we got him.

Was really hoping we could have turned him into a prisoner rather than a martyr, though I'm certain the killing was a necessity during those crucial minutes.

But I'm happy we got him.

Next couple weeks/months sure may prove interesting.

Couldnt agree with you more, Justl like 9/11 when news hit across the world we saw people from outher muslim countires cheering and celebrating. That filled anger and rage in our eyes and brought this country closer together. I cant recall where I heard or read something that stated that if the U.S. ever captured or killed Osama, That they were prepared to reactivate cells around the world and in the U.S. and cause hell.