Osama Bin Laden is Dead!!

Last night it was 20 and the chopper went down because of mechanical failure.

choppers always go down because of mechanical failure not gun fire. Just like Osoma didn't die from gunfire. Was probably organ failure or blood loss.

Enough with the jokes. I am glad we got him and I wish I coulda been a fly on the wall to see those SEALs in action.

I definitely think there will be a retaliation on this matter, but this is still a huge turning point. The whole world will be ready for a retaliation and I believe yesterday was similar to d-day. By that I mean that it was one event that marks the beginning of the end. It will still be a long hard fight and the killing isn't over, but it's a big turning point

It good that they got him but why bury by sea? They should of post him up on the white house lawn.

1: They didn't post him up on the lawn because we're not the KKK or back in the days of Vlad the Impaler.

2: We buried him at sea as is customary towards his beliefs. I think you know that, though. The real answer to this question is that we, as American warriors in this situation, acted like warriors. They took down an enemy, mission accomplished, and acted with dignity in the aftermath. They won with honor, they allowed him to lose with dignity. Something we seem to preach here every once in a while for a video game but something no one outside the fucking White House gates that night knew how to do in real life. I'm glad our military did that. There was no reason whatsoever to keep or display his body. It's not like we'll get information from a dead brain. That's what we have all of his hard drives for.

Rashard Mendenhall has created a stir with comments made on his official Twitter page regarding Osama bin Laden’s death. The Pittsburgh Steelers running back on Monday tweeted:

“What kind of person celebrates death? It’s amazing how people can HATE a man they have never even heard speak. We’ve only heard one side…â€

Mendenhall didn’t hold back, even making a reference to the Sept. 11 attacks.

“We’ll never know what really happened. I just have a hard time believing a plane could take a skyscraper down demolition style.â€

Among his other bin Laden tweets:

“I believe in God. I believe we’re ALL his children. And I believe HE is the ONE and ONLY judge.â€

“Those who judge others, will also be judged themselves.â€

“For those of you who said you want to see Bin Laden burn … I ask how would God feel about your heart?â€

“There is not an ignorant bone in my body. I just encourage you to think.â€

Mendenhall’s string of tweets ended around 6 p.m. Monday. He has not tweeted since.

• Directors
1krKD1.png

lol "Cleveland"...I still love you sir. And I miss you. This one's for you....

ufsalutesseal61280X800.jpg

Hooyah! Geronimo EKIA.

~V~

Warning Extremely Graphic.. You have been warned

Pictures taken from UBL compound taken by the Pakistanis about an hour after the raid.

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/141342/20110504/osama-dead-new-photos-inside-the-compound.htm

Where is Osama? Because he is not one of those three.

Intense interest surrounds dog who may have participated in bin Laden raid

dogglej.jpg

Americans are fascinated by the anonymous U.S. Navy SEALs who daringly raided Osama bin Laden's Abbottabad, Pakistan compound this week, but one canine commando is attracting especially fervent interest. According to the New York Times and the British tabloid The Sun, a military dog (not pictured) was strapped onto one of the assault team members as he was lowered out of a Black Hawk helicopter and began the operation that killed the notorious terrorist on Monday. But who is this canine hero?

Sadly, we know very little, and the Pentagon hasn't confirmed that a dog was even on the mission, much less release information about the canine's name or breed.

"Little is known about what may be the nation's most courageous dog," the Times' Gardner Harris writes. He speculates that the dog was most likely a German shepherd or a Belgian Malinois, since those are the breeds most often found in the military's 2,700-strong military dog program. (A new breed, however, is becoming popular with the troops. Labrador retrievers have begun to "wander off-leash 100 yards or more in front of patrols to ensure the safety of the route.")

The Pentagon and White House are keeping tight-lipped about the details of the operation, but that, of course, hasn't prevented commentators from speculating on the dog's role based on the functions of other war dogs in combat. "It's possible that the commandos brought a specialized search dog, which would have been sent in ahead of the humans to find explosives or people hidden inside the building," Slate's Brian Palmer writes. Or the dog could have been a "combat tracker"--canines who are specially trained to sniff out individuals and then follow their trail. Saddam Hussein was found in a hole under a hut--the assault team could have decided that they needed a good tracking dog in case bin Laden had a similar idea.

Dogs are increasingly important in America's combat operations abroad, and some have been outfitted with special (and adorable) "doggles" to protect their eyes, oxygen masks to protect their lungs as they parachute out with soldiers at high altitudes, and even waterproof vests that contain infrared cameras that transmit video back to servicemen watching a monitor yards behind them. Check out Foreign Policy's beautiful photo essay on military dogs here.

Luckily for this courageous and anonymous furry creature, there is some precedent for war dogs receiving military honors. The Navy awarded a Silver Star in 2009 to a dog named Remco who gave his life charging "an insurgent's hide-out in Afghanistan," Harris writes. According to Foreign Policy, another dog named Eli fiercely guarded his Marine, Private First Class Carlton Rusk, after he was shot by Taliban sniper fire in Afghanistan. Rusk's bomb-sniffing dog would not even let fellow Marines approach the wounded Rusk, who did not survive the attack. Eli now lives with Rusk's family.

The dog's role was not mentioned in any of the public White House press briefings on bin Laden's death. Pentagon spokeswoman Elizabeth Robbins wrote in an e-mail to The Lookout in response to our question about the dog that the Pentagon has "no additional operational details, or comments on operational details, to make at this time."

HooRuff!! :thumb:

Edited by Nemesis

I can't find it now but I was reading yesterday about the dog. The article said that he was indeed strapped to the back of one of the seals and when deployed he had night vision goggles on like the seals.His job was to sniff out bombs and the enemy. Just to sum it up. I am still looking for that article.