psn back for gaming?

can anyone verify? this article is from today...

--------

As part of the initial restoration, users can now play online PS3 games, access the console's Music Unlimited streaming music service, log onto Playstation Home, see their friend list, and engage in text and video chats.

http://www.tgdaily.com/games-and-entertainment-features/55683-ps3-online-services-slowly-being-restored

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

Yea, It may not bo permanently on for good yet. I don't even try to sign on. I have an app on my phone where it will tell me about my friends on PSN and it still gives me a 'network error' popup, so I know it's not online that way. Hope it gets back on soon.

Who ever wrote that article needs to work on reading comprehension and go back and read the sony press release again. It said the PSN would be rolled out in phases the first phase would include online gaming and a few other things. The likely timeline for the rollout to start was for today Tuesday. However knowing sony I would expect a another delay.

Yea, It may not bo permanently on for good yet. I don't even try to sign on. I have an app on my phone where it will tell me about my friends on PSN and it still gives me a 'network error' popup, so I know it's not online that way. Hope it gets back on soon.

you must remember that when the PSN is back you will be required to change password so maybe it wont work until you do!

interesting thought.. i too load up PS3 Friends about 30 times a day in hopes i will log in.. i would imagine it would give a different error.. like Pass doesnt match opposed to cannot connect? Regardless.. i think you have slowed down my attempts with a good idea.. im not sure i will even be able to log in when its time..

PSN Back Up

May 4th, 2011 |

PSN_logo_color_trans.jpgPlayStation Network have resumed some PSN providers as promised on Sunday, most likely not the way in which we were expecting. It’s confirmed that PSN back up in Japan, hopefully the united kingdom, the US as well as other regions will adhere to shortly. Sony announced that online gameplay for PlayStation 3 and PSP and accessibility to account management functions will go live this week. However, other functions, for example the downloadable games store, won’t arrive back online until later on this month.

After a major security breach, it would seem that Sony is ultimately managing to contain the situation over at PSN. In addition, Sony is starting up its worldwide program named “Welcome Back†and as a part of that program, Sony will give its existing end users 1 totally free month of their premium PSN service named Play Station Network

PSN Back Up

May 4th, 2011 |

PSN_logo_color_trans.jpgPlayStation Network have resumed some PSN providers as promised on Sunday, most likely not the way in which we were expecting. It’s confirmed that PSN back up in Japan, hopefully the united kingdom, the US as well as other regions will adhere to shortly. Sony announced that online gameplay for PlayStation 3 and PSP and accessibility to account management functions will go live this week. However, other functions, for example the downloadable games store, won’t arrive back online until later on this month.

After a major security breach, it would seem that Sony is ultimately managing to contain the situation over at PSN. In addition, Sony is starting up its worldwide program named “Welcome Back†and as a part of that program, Sony will give its existing end users 1 totally free month of their premium PSN service named Play Station Network

I Still can't log into SOCOM.com under my Japan account. I'll have to try my PS3 later.

Critikil whats the phone app you have??

It's called: "PS3 FRIENDS" for Android. It may be named something else on the iphone but I can't be sure of that. When the PSN is up (doesn't work while it's down), it shows:

1) All your friends who are ONLINE in 'green'.

2) All your friends who are OFFLINE in 'red'.

3) All your friends TROPHIES.

4) What games your friends are playing! (my fav! lol)

5) Shows your ONLINE friends 'comment'.

I used it to see if my officers were actually online and what games they were playing. Then I would laugh my ass off, when I would suddenly sign on to the PSN and see them switch to a game that we were supposed to be practicing on ~ lmfao! Then laugh more when they would say they were on the 'latter' game for hours! ~ I love this thing, man ;-)

Edited by CritiKiL