Ceramic Question

I had my daughter paint a ceramic dish for my wife for moms day.

Keep it closed Attitude!!

Anyway, I don't think the store I bought it from put enough coating on it so that I can use it as an actual dish. What can paint over it to preserve the painting my daughter did and still be able to hand wash it?

I'm guessing some sort of clear shellac, but is there something I can spray on as opposed to paint on?

Guest Attitude
I had my daughter paint a ceramic dish for my wife for moms day.

Keep it closed Attitude!!

Sealed.

Now, I had some free time and looked some shit up for ya. Call me when ya can.

So there is no way I can clear coat it myself to make a useable dish?

No, I don't think so. You have to fire the pottery at high temperatures so like Shane said, unless you have a kiln or one killer oven, it just isn't going to be that easy to do it yourself.

Not to mention, are you going to hand wash it every time? If not, you better be safe and take it back to the pottery place.

before i read this thread, i posted in one that hippie made about her bush and how she would like to improve it. that thread didnt suprise me, and i even offered some help. now im reading, and replying to a thread from irish askin advice about ceramice. at this moment all i can think is i sure as hel hope the psn is up soon or urgent fury is going to hell!!!

Guest Attitude
before i read this thread, i posted in one that hippie made about her bush and how she would like to improve it. that thread didnt suprise me, and i even offered some help. now im reading, and replying to a thread from irish askin advice about ceramice. at this moment all i can think is i sure as hel hope the psn is up soon or urgent fury is going to hell!!!

Ain't it! We went from guns and gaming to ceramics & gardening. Whats next, cake decorating? lol