I know a few of you have beaten it. I was wondering what you thought of it. Personally I thought it was horrible. The story was awful and they didn't develop characters or emotions really at all. The gameplay itself was decent at times but it is way more run n gun now. I liked being able to take out most of the enemies stealthily in the old games. Now you are forced to just get in massive fights. I hate how your team gets in the way half the time during a fight or when you try and sneak around and do everything yourself. They just come casually walking up when there are 5 guys 20 feet away from you. I also noticed some glitches with enemies where they would just kind of stand or hide in the open and not even shoot at you. Overall I give the campaign as a whole a 4/10. It is by far the worst Socom single player to date and one of the worst endings I've ever seen.

Hmm. I didn't seem to have any of those issues with glitches or team mates getting in the way. What difficulty did you play on? I was sneaking around on loads of levels. Just made sure that gold team was the only team I used when being sneaky. The story was ok. It was a little predictable. I knew Gorman(sp?) was up to something from the get go.

Ya I thought it was ok also. The story had twists, even though they were predictable, and the gameplay was alright. Even though really good stories are sometimes hard to follow, simple ones are nice because you don't have to rack your brain about every little important detail from the beginning that you've forgotten. It definately could have been better but I think it's more then a 4. I'd say 6/10.

I played it the whole way through on Hard Nacku. I was wondering if beating the game unlocks anything for online. Do any of you know? I remember in Socom 2 and I think even 3 if you beat the game on a certain difficulty then you unlocked different uniforms and guns.

I've been playing some of the story mode. But most i've been playing the custom single player. Funner to me to not worry about the story.

And! It's starting to get old. One thing I find stupid is when I'm in a fire fight all the stupid bad guys fire at me. Forget about my AI team standing there and I'm in cover behind a rock.

I'm ready for multiple player.

I dont believe so. You just unlock stuff for online co-op.

I didn't really like the campaign. It doesn't play like other socom campaigns. Its either an extreme stealth mission or an all out firefight mission. I really don't like how there are tanks and big ass guns on ships shooting at you during missions. Its just not socom to me.

But I love the multiplayer and I cant wait until it comes back.

I agree with the stupidity of the bad guys. My AI team can be out in the open and I can hide in the far, far back and every gun fires at me. It makes things easy though, I just tag everyone for my AI teams to kill and lob the odd grenade out.

Prane, I've noticed whenever I start 'comparing' games that I miss what the game I'm playing with was meant to be like. I know it's hard not to compare but almost every game that's put out lately, is to out-wit or out-beat the competition. So if one game developer puts out a game with an ability to shoot from a hiding spot...best believe that another game is going to come out with that same addition or similar. This is where I think Zipper lost focus on alot of things that many of us loved about the Socom series. They listened, but (IMO) to the wrong people. Notice how many games out there have NO clan management system. Only Socom does, but you would think that other game developers would follow Zipper but have not. Socom's Campaign mode was one of the reasons that I even started playing video games. The Clan Management system was the other because that made it easier to hook up matches with only your friends or choice-picks on the same side and etc.

But I still haven't completed the campaign mode yet becaues I just don't have a 'feel' for this game. I have a hard time getting my men to be stealthy and they always initialize a firefight instead of us being able to get a mission completed with limited or no engagement at all. 'That' is what sucks ;-(

Edited by CritiKiL
TYPO'S