PlayStation Network may not be fully back online until May 31st

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/300561/news/playstation-network-may-not-be-fully-back-online-until-end-of-may-sony/

Sony's PlayStation Network might not be fully up and running online until May 31, the company has clarified.

Speaking to Bloomberg over the phone, PlayStation Tokyo spokesperson Shigenori Yoshida said Sony was still "uncertain" when it can resume the full suite of PSN services, including music service Qriocity.

screenshot_253318_thumb300.jpg

He added that the plan to be back online by May 31 was "unchanged" - although his comment comes after Sony said it wanted to restart a partial PSN service by the end of last week.

"When we held the press conference in Japan last week, based on what we knew, we expected to have the services online within a week," spokesperson Nick Caplin has since clarified.

"We were unaware of the extent of the attack on Sony Online Entertainment servers, and we are taking this opportunity to conduct further testing of the incredibly complex system.

The news comes after Sony pledged to offer EU PSN users two free PS3 games as compensation for the PlayStation Network's down time.

it is sad. But this break has allowed me to spend a lot more time getting trophies that i normally don't bother getting. i have also been playing alot of my older games. I was busting zombies yesterday in the original Resident evil! that game was/ is one of the hardest and funnest games ever made.

The key word in there...."fully". Hopfully the multiplayer comes up online sooner.

This might be true. The blog from April 30th said that partial PSN service will be coming back before everything else. Including playing online. So I am hoping when they say May 31st, they are talking about it being back completely.

You know all the times we were mad at Zipper for delaying and screwing us around. Actually we are kind of getting proof that it wasn't Zipper at all but Sony.

Yea, I agree with that. This also delays any kind of update from Zipper also. You would think that they have more time to complete it, but that's not the case. Because the network is down, there is no way to test the update for Sony's approval to send it to everyone.

And you knew this was coming:

Best part is it makes more sense than any other. Because of April 20th.

Edited by IRISH BULL