Notice of Patent Pending for TacMap Tournaments

I find it very interesting that the people who have a problem with this are individuals that have a vested interest in other sites. You come here to argue semantics and yet you don't shoot the shit with us on other subjects, you just pop in when it is convenient to plop in your 2 cents and try to smear.

Shadow I have played with you and find you to be a decent person. But in this situation I just think you are wrong. It doesn't matter where an idea originates, it just matters who grabs that idea and runs with it. This also doesn't mean that there CAN'T be other Tac-Map tournaments besides uF. It just has to be licensed by UF. Not saying it would happen, but I guess it would be a possibility. I think it is purely business.

Lastly, You can dig but, I don't think the guys here would make an announcement without it actually being fact.

• Like 1

Im not saying it's not true. I don't doubt that they actually filed at all. Im just saying it didnt come up but with it being so new I didn't really expect it to. And Red I can respect that you don't agree with me, that's all fine. And I do post but its rare. I'll say hey to some old faces returning or if there is a post that catches my eye I'll chime in. But that fact is that forum activity has dropped so posting options are a little limited and anything new I usually just keep to my clan forums and discuss it there. I used to post on UF all the time where there was an abundance of topics to read through.

Edited by ShadowOfaSolja

Im not saying it's not true. I don't doubt that they actually filed at all. Im just saying it didnt come up but with it being so new I didn't really expect it to. And Red I can respect that you don't agree with me, that's all fine. And I do post but its rare. I'll say hey to some old faces returning or if there is a post that catches my eye I'll chime in. But that fact is that forum activity has dropped so posting options are a little limited and anything new I usually just keep to my clan forums and discuss it there. I used to post on UF all the time where there was an abundance of topics to read through.

You keep posting but all I see if negativity. If things are so down here why are you?

Red is aboslutly right-- shadow im not saying its just you either. Business is only about staying in business.. and if no one is buying your product (in this case playing tourneys) than you dont have a business (a tournament site). You have to have the best to be the best and this just proves that URGENT FURY wants to be the best. There taking the iniative HERE to have tacmap under there name-- but read this post again bro! What shane said is original what im telling you in YELLOW

Urgent Fury is proud to share that we are now Patent Pending for TacMap Tournaments. This Patent Application that has been filed is titled "TacMap Tournament Design and Gameplay Process for any medium of Video Gaming tournaments." Which is a relevant patent via my next thread

This ensures that when you play a TacMap Tournament it is created by Urgent Fury or Licensed by Urgent Fury. As of now there are no licensed TacMaps nor is there plan to license any in the near future.

If you come across a site that is advertising a TacMap tournament for a video game, please inform us via the contact us link at the bottom of the page. nothing to add

This is once again another huge step for Urgent Fury as well as the Creators, Tow and Sniper. Yes its a great step for these guys cause even though they sold UF they can still say look at what i started and look where its going.

For licensing requests, you may use the contact us link at the bottom of the page. Uf will allow people to do them for a license-yes business revolves around MONEY-sites arnt free they do cost money.

these are patent laws which state below:

Patent Laws

The Constitution of the United States gives Congress the power to enact laws relating to patents, in Article I, section 8, which reads "Congress shall have power . . . to promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries." Under this power Congress has from time to time enacted various laws relating to patents. The first patent law was enacted in 1790. The patent laws underwent a general revision which was enacted July 19,1952, and which came into effect January 1, 1953. It is codified in Title 35, United States Code. Additionally, on November 29, 1999, Congress enacted the American Inventors Protection Act of 1999 (AIPA), which further revised the patent laws. See Public Law 106-1 13, 11 3 Stat. 1501 (1999).

The patent law specifies the subject matter for which a patent may be obtained and the conditions for patentability. The law establishes the United States Patent and Trademark Office to administer the law relating to the granting of patents and contains various other provisions relating to patents.

What Can Be Patented

The patent law specifies the general field of subject matter that can be patented and the conditions under which a patent may be obtained.

In the language of the statute, any person who "invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof, may obtain a patent," subject to the conditions and requirements of the law. The word "process" is defined by law as a process, act or method, and primarily includes industrial or technical processes. The term "machine" used in the statute needs no explanation. The term "manufacture" refers to articles that are made, and includes all manufactured articles. The term "composition of matter" relates to chemical compositions and may include mixtures of ingredients as well as new chemical compounds. These classes of subject matter taken together include practically everything that is made by man and the processes for making the products.

The Atomic Energy Act of 1954 excludes the patenting of inventions useful solely in the utilization of special nuclear material or atomic energy in an atomic weapon. See 42 U.S.C. 2181(a).

The patent law specifies that the subject matter must be "useful." The term "useful" in this connection refers to the condition that the subject matter has a useful purpose and also includes operativeness, that is, a machine which will not operate to perform the intended purpose would not be called useful, and therefore would not be granted a patent.

Interpretations of the statute by the courts have defined the limits of the field of subject matter that can be patented, thus it has been held that the laws of nature, physical phenomena, and abstract ideas are not patentable subject matter.

A patent cannot be obtained upon a mere idea or suggestion. The patent is granted upon the new machine, manufacture, etc., as has been said, and not upon the idea or suggestion of the new machine. A complete description of the actual machine or other subject matter for which a patent is sought is required.

For I have brought you proof that it doesnt matter who created it first but who patents it FIRST: ACCORDING to patent laws you can/may patent a invention which in this case a better tournament style under the laws set forth my CONGRESS. Thank you I rest and will not let anyone bash a friend or community I'm in.

I don't think anyone was bashing, we are simply putting out that it seems a rather strange move. Don't be so defensive. I asked for the information and it was not given. I searched for the trademarks and the patents and can't find them on the USPTO site so I simply asked to provide the numbers associated with this application and I am asking also for the trademark information that is stated. If Shane is going to begin informally asking people to remove tournaments, I think it only appropriate that the proof be provided that these trademarks and patent applications exist.

Worlds going to fucking end tomorrow at 6pm with an earthquake from the gods, so all this craziness doesn't fucking matter anyway.....

Can we talk about the kook who thinks the world is reaching Armageddon instead? It would be so much more entertaining to read through. :)

Worlds going to fucking end tomorrow at 6pm with an earthquake from the gods, so all this craziness doesn't fucking matter anyway.....

Can we talk about the kook who thinks the world is reaching Armageddon instead? It would be so much more entertaining to read through. :)

No, tomorrow is the rapture. Where you get to watch everyone fly into the sky naked. Unless your one of them. The end of the world is October-something.

Anywho, back on topic, don't rule anything out on patents. Certain corporations have filed patents on certain plants and vegetables and have actually successfully sued farmers when these particular plants were found in the fields.

So essentially, the US patents office allowed corporations to patent a life form. So anything is possible.

Certain corporations have filed patents on certain plants and vegetables and have actually successfully sued farmers when these particular plants were found in the fields.

So essentially, the US patents office allowed corporations to patent a life form. So anything is possible.

Oh Irish! Why did you have to go and bring this up? You DO NOT want me getting started on this subject. Let me just say this ... Genetically Modified Organisms (GMOs) are so bad on so many levels. The fact that a company can genetically modify seed, plant it next to my clean, pure crop, taint MY crop through natural cross pollination, and then SUE ME for growing THEIR seed is insanity of the highest order. And that's just the first problem with GMOs ... we won't get into how about 80% of our food contains GMOs (products made with soybeans and corn are the biggest culprits) and how terribly unhealthy it is for us ... notice the increase in food allergies and gluten intolerances and then there is the worry about the transfer of antibiotic resistance (from the foods containing the GMO product to the human that ingested it) and the list goes on.

Truthfully, are y'all really tripping over UF filing a patent on a FREAKIN' TACMAP? Seriously?!?!?!? Why not put some of that same passion and energy into the things that really matter, truly mean something in life?

Oh, my bad.

Still, even if it's not Armageddon, I'm thinkin' this Rapture is still going to be something to see.

Youtube should be poppin' that day with all the people floatin' up to the sky. :)

And I'm gonna use The Simpson's example that had everyone NAKED. Cannot wait.

It may have started early, Macho Man Randy Savage died of a Heart Attack in a car crash today.

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Yeah, early indications show that it's going to be his heavenly flying elbow smash from the skies that will herald the first devastating earthquake tomorrow!