Notice of Patent Pending for TacMap Tournaments

• Directors

Just in case the rapture comes tmrw, you might want to think about all the cool stuff your Christian friends have that you can take after they disappear... just saying.

Like you care what I'm using for Tapatalk

haha I disappear for a day and it gets successfully hijacked. I've said all I needed to and Sniper you may be correct about it being a valid attempt. Either way at least now the information is out there should someone want to file an appeal or look into things a bit deeper and that was the whole reason to have the discussion (to get as much information available as possible) and I know a lot of the members at UF are research hounds lol. I have absolutely nothing against anyone who posted on the opposing side but we have a year and another $4500 to see what happens and if it goes through. So until then I'll go about my day. Maybe I'll post a little more around UF on some lighter subjects as a few of you have suggested but either way I need to get back to decorating my house with pagan gods. I had to take them all down a few years ago when my brother found religion but that magic carpet ride to the heavens is coming in a few hours so I figured what the hell.

Ok, the religious jokes are soooo not funny. You'd better hope you are raptured. The alternative isn't going to be fun. Just sayin' ...

The joke is more the guy that said he knew the day and time of the rapture. It's in the bible, wer will not know when, it'll just happen. There's no planing for it so people can't live like a Pagan then in the 11th hour commit and be saved. Kind of an incentive to live every day, every moment as if it's going to br the next second.

So the jokes are aimed at a narcissistic douche that thinks he was told something that we all know no one will be told.

And btw, I love your heart Hippie, thanks for caring.

Sent from Galaxy class phone NC-1701

The joke is more the guy that said he knew the day and time of the rapture. It's in the bible, wer will not know when, it'll just happen. There's no planing for it so people can't live like a Pagan then in the 11th hour commit and be saved. Kind of an incentive to live every day, every moment as if it's going to br the next second.

So the jokes are aimed at a narcissistic douche that thinks he was told something that we all know no one will be told.

And btw, I love your heart Hippie, thanks for caring.

Sent from Galaxy class phone NC-1701

Oh, I can appreciate laughing at some idiot who thinks he knows when the world is going to end. I just wouldn't go putting myself in the category of people who are going to be left behind and scavenging the Christian's goods. Ain't nothing funny about that! ;-)

There's no planing for it so people can't live like a Pagan then in the 11th hour commit and be saved. Kind of an incentive to live every day, every moment as if it's going to br the next second.

I don't know. They say the sun has about 5 billion years left of fuel. So I say, LET THE PAGAN PARTY BEGIN!!!! Oh wait, I'm married. Damn it! Oh well.

Okay, lets get BACK ON TOPIC. [uF] Now owns the Patent for TacMap Tournaments. The only thing that is 'pending'...is [uF] getting the License to post on his wall!

In the United States, according to the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the expression "Patent Pending" as such does not protect an invention until the actual patent is published and/or issued:

Lukin-: This is not true. Infringers (who would copy the invention during the 'pat. pend' process), may be liable for damages (including back-dated royalties), seizure, and injunction once a patent is issued. Protection would be back-referenced from the date of application of the filing of the claim.

Yes but critikil there are pre-existing documents and proof of ownership. There are archives and invoices as well as trademarks and copyrights protecting the use of certain maps and logos... / ...Now Critikill you are right to SOME extent in saying that certain Operating Systems were ripped off but if we are using those terms it would be UF saying "You can't use our Map" Which is completely understandable. But Bill gates never had license to say "You cant create another operating system" because the concept cant be patented. If it operates and functions differently then it can't be prevented despite the concept being the same...d.

SHADOW: You are confusing copyrights & trademarks with, "licensing the use of...". They are not the same thing. [uF] is licensing 'the use of' TacMap Tournaments. And you missed my point; "BG seized the opportunities that other inventors (Xerox's GUI and IBM's OS), did not capitalize on". So in my anaology of BG, it would be like [uF] saying "...you need our license to run a 'TacMap Tournament'"...

And for those who think this is an 'ATTEMPT'? This is NOT AN ATTEMPT. When a "patent pending" has been granted, it is 100% valid until the full issuance of the license. The expressions "patent pending" (sometimes abbreviated by "pat. pend." or "pat. pending") or "patent applied for", refer to a warning that inventors are entitled to use in reference to their product or 'process once a patent application has been filed'...but 'prior to the patent being issued' or the application abandoned. The 'patent pending' marking, serves to notify potential infringers who might try to copy the invention, that they may be liable for damages once a patent is finally issued. There is no difference from the time this claim became 'pat. pend'...and the day that the license is actually issued.

So maybe what some of you need to understand is that this patent is good to go already. The 'patent pending', is just a formality of a long and sometimes tedious process but makes his filed claim vaild NOW. I think BANDIT99 put it best: "More often than not, the difference between success and failure can be attributed to recognizing an open door and seizing the opportunities it presents." In 'this' case, [uF] saw that door. I wanted me to point this out in the thread alot sooner than this, but I didn't think it needed to be brought up since the good deed has already been set in motion. Sorry that the 'pat. pend. wording misleads people, but "prior to issuance" of his patent, it's already a valid and licensed invention. [uF] are only waiting for the paper, to plaque and put on his wall.

...[uF] already has ownership of 'the use of' TacMap Tournaments...

Edited by CritiKiL

chiamira: You are right. I'm not going to edit my post about that, as I left a word or two out from trying to cover all points. What I "mean", is that you might as well consider it owned because of the power of it being retro active from time of applying. Thanks bro.

chiamira: You are right. I'm not going to edit my post about that, as I left a word or two out from trying to cover all points. What I "mean", is that you might as well consider it owned because of the power of it being retro active from time of applying. Thanks bro.

Hey no problem man, glad I could help....

Technically Critikil is right----If you go back to the post i had it described what could and how patents happen...

If UF has filed a petition to Patent the TACMAP TOURNEY than that petition takes priority over anything filed now...

When UF gets the final patent- THE FULL PATENT! than SHANE or and UF Official could go to any tournament site and shut it down if they infringed on what the patent is.

WOW....I havent been to this site in years and from the looks of this thread not alot has changed. I have nothing negitive to say about this patent accept why try and limit the compitition unless you are scared of losing clans to them? IMHO I would work harder at keeping the clans you have and building on that. I dont think by doing this (if this patent does go through) thats going to make this a better place.

anyways I was apart of UF when TOW, Sniper, and the best of them all DEMO-DICK created it and it was a pretty fun place at the time. I think DEMO ruined alot of that.

Also like to say hi to any of the APC members that came to my house many years ago we had a good time. those were the days when this place was where it was at.

OLD_STYLE1975 AKA SOC0-

hey TOW did you ever become a fireman?

thats weird its showing that my post is the very first post.....is that normal?

Edited by OLD_STYLE1975
why did my post go to the first spot?

WOW....I havent been to this site in years and from the looks of this thread not alot has changed. I have nothing negitive to say about this patent accept why try and limit the compitition unless you are scared of losing clans to them? IMHO I would work harder at keeping the clans you have and building on that. I dont think by doing this (if this patent does go through) thats going to make this a better place.

anyways I was apart of UF when TOW, Sniper, and the best of them all DEMO-DICK created it and it was a pretty fun place at the time. I think DEMO ruined alot of that.

Also like to say hi to any of the APC members that came to my house many years ago we had a good time. those were the days when this place was where it was at.

OLD_STYLE1975 AKA SOC0-

hey TOW did you ever become a fireman?

thats weird its showing that my post is the very first post.....is that normal?

Tow wanted to be a fireman?!

Technically Critikil is right----If you go back to the post i had it described what could and how patents happen...

If UF has filed a petition to Patent the TACMAP TOURNEY than that petition takes priority over anything filed now...

When UF gets the final patent- THE FULL PATENT! than SHANE or and UF Official could go to any tournament site and shut it down if they infringed on what the patent is.

I'm sure all the other sites are shakin in their boots.