So um.....

• Directors

There will be an announcement about the new ads and additional info later today.

http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/78760-New-Ad-Formats-added-and-we-want-to-know

• Directors
LOL....are you talking about site ads on the forum, or that sig of yours?

Just want the clarification before the thread spins insanely out of control.

:biggrin1:

:hail::brick:

LOL....are you talking about site ads on the forum, or that sig of yours?

Just want the clarification before the thread spins insanely out of control.

:biggrin1:

Ha TOW dude, that was so funny. I mean even you should know, that pixel wise our sigs are the same size as most other larger sigs here at UF, we just look, bigger and better.

No I was referring to the fact that now when I come to UF I think why in the world has UF become a billboard on the side of the street covered in advertisement.

But hey maybe if you can't afford something you shouldn't buy it ?

Edited by Last-

LOL, yeah, I knew what you meant, Last. Pixel-wise, they are pretty much even with a few others here....those boxes though...LOL. It just seems like you guys have overcompensating issues with your "packages." ;)

But hey maybe if you can't afford something you shouldn't buy it ?

This seems a little barbed though, don'tcha think?

There are plenty of sites out there that do advertising. Plenty of professional ones, plenty of amateur hobbyist ones, and all of the sites in between.

There's nothing wrong, as I see it as a player here, with UF doing what it needs to do to maintain a certain level of functionality and maintenance.

Listen...back in the days when UF was run by its original creators, it was done so for love of the game, love of a tourney, and love for the community.

It didn't do a whole lot of advertising, social marketing, charging for this or that...simply because it didn't NEED to. It wasn't looking to become a behemoth of anything. It grew organically, naturally...but could only grow to a certain point until its creators were just too tired and busy with other things to commit to UF. If there was money involved, it could have been called a "job." But there wasn't...it was just a hobby.

It had a general direction in which it wanted to go, but in no way was there a multi-year road map constructed on the proper steps to make it a success on a BUSINESS level.

What's written up there is NOT to say that what is currently going on here on UF is wrong.

Quite the contrary.

UF is now taking the steps it feels are necessary to ACHIEVE a certain goal its set for itself.

I can only assume that.

It's taking a new direction and, in order to navigate and success in that new direction, different steps need to be taken.

UF is a business to some here now...and there's nothing wrong with that in the least.

I mean, c'mon....are the ads here really THAT bad?

Are they preventing anyone from posting something? Are they bashing anyone over the head through their monitors? Are there annoying pop-ups that just drive you away in insanity?

I don't see any of that. Truth be told, I cannot tell you a single thing about the ads on UF because I just don't see/notice them. Really, can't answer a single question about them. To THAT point, you could say that the ad strategy on here sucks...lol...because they're not even getting noticed by me.

But looking back on your comments...

"But hey maybe if you can't afford something you shouldn't buy it ?"

"So um.....When did UF become a walking billboard ?"

Just seems like those are a little needlessly barbed. I dunno...I mean, why bother?

I don't get it...

Ha TOW dude, that was so funny. I mean even you should know, that pixel wise our sigs are the same size as most other larger sigs here at UF, we just look, bigger and better

Oh, and just a tip for ya to put you in the right direction for the bigger and better horizon...(it's really been bugging me every time I see it, actually)

The two front vertical edges of the box need to be PARALLEL. The vertical line in the forefront is aligned with the back vertical line of the back of the box....but that other vertical line in the background, that needs to be parallel to the other...otherwise, you have a warped package.

So you got the bigger part down.

The better part can happen with the correct adjustment for aesthetics. :)

Oh, and just a tip for ya to put you in the right direction for the bigger and better horizon...(it's really been bugging me every time I see it, actually)

The two front vertical edges of the box need to be PARALLEL. The vertical line in the forefront is aligned with the back vertical line of the back of the box....but that other vertical line in the background, that needs to be parallel to the other...otherwise, you have a warped package.

So you got the bigger part down.

The better part can happen with the correct adjustment for aesthetics. :)

Not sure why this is directed at Last since he has nothing to do with the sigs, I do.

I have taken the constructive criticism many have provided on the thread created for that purpose. If you would like to discuss the sig I created further, I would ask that you be a professional and direct your issues to that thread. Thank you.

Not sure why this is directed at Last since he has nothing to do with the sigs, I do.

I have taken the constructive criticism many have provided on the thread created for that purpose. If you would like to discuss the sig I created further, I would ask that you be a professional and direct your issues to that thread. Thank you.

I wouldn't get too offended I2IDIUM it was just a fun shot at Last. Lord knows Last loves shots in his face. As far as the sig is concerned I think it is pretty good.

Lol... I really don't care who made the sig. It wasn't harsh criticism, just constructive. Ease up. He touted it as being the biggest and the best. Just helping out on how it can be "the best." Don't know why it needs to be professional... however, perhaps some of that " professional PM" advice can be passed onto last for his " constructive criticism" regarding UF becoming a giant ad billboard. ;)

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk