So Um....part 2

Does UF plan on doing anything, anytime soon ? I know socom Endurance got shut down [Ok fine the game has flaws but I would still make it work, but maybe that's because I can think outside the box]. But then why is there nothing going on for COD: Black ops ? Sure most clans at UF moved to socom but your telling me no one has thought of putting together a 4v4 BO horseman tournament or a 4v4 clan tournament at all [i say 4v4 because every clan here should be able to muster up 4 people to play BO and we could even have multi teams from the same clan] ? I also see the LA NOIRE contest is pulled so just another thing here at UF that was started and not finished. I mean dam give me 10 mins and I could give you 20 things we could be doing here at UF but no instead everyone is just sitting here. Yes I could prob put my ideas in the suggestion box, but just like when I put the idea to have a 60 second advertisement on the UF podcast [which a year later they now are doing and it's not a free gift like I said instead it will cost you.] it would take to long for it to be done, because UF is thinking big picture which means shit to everyone here that's not the owners or staff. Gamers come here to game, not to wait around.

Yes I know I don't write as nicely as some of you, but it's the message that counts.

Edited by Last-

Why not bust your chops, when that is all I am seeing lately.

You really think the guys here want to be idle? You think they want to not have anything going so people won't come to the site to enjoy some competition.

Really who is playing Black Ops as a team? Are there any teams interested in anything you commented on? Are there teams playing anything on the ladders, because that is what I would gauge my thoughts on whether putting the time and effort in a tournament would be.

Your point I am sure is valid, but to generate a tournament with no support would be idiotic.

You guys have posted how many times looking to have a clan battle with the UFGL. How many hits of interest have you had? I am sure it has nothing to do with your clan, I think it has to do with the game.

So reflect and ask yourself your questions again with the information that I have relayed to you, because I know that those are actual facts. I have been involved in putting tournaments together and it is no easy task.

Fair enough?

• Directors

I am going to respond to two of your points, and the Tournament Team can respond to your other statements

I also see the LA NOIRE contest is pulled so just another thing here at UF that was started and not finished.

First of all the LA Noire was pulled because no one notified RockStar that we were doing the contest and they asked that it be taken down because permission was not attained. You know that is the first time it has happened and we respected the request. As for the second half of your statement, not only is it unfounded it was out of line.

Yes I could prob put my ideas in the suggestion box, but just like when I put the idea to have a 60 second advertisement on the UF podcast [which a year later they now are doing and it's not a free gift like I said instead it will cost you.]

Yes I know I don't write as nicely as some of you, but it's the message that counts.

Once again you are out of line here... not once have we charged any clan for an advertisement nor have we placed a clans advertisement on the Podcast since we have been here, nor have we ever even offered for a clan to pay for an advertisement on the podcast.

I kindly ask everyone that wants to make statements like this, contact a staff member first to make sure your statements are correct.

I am going to respond to two of your points, and the Tournament Team can respond to your other statements

First of all the LA Noire was pulled because no one notified RockStar that we were doing the contest and they asked that it be taken down because permission was not attained. You know that is the first time it has happened and we respected the request. As for the second half of your statement, not only is it unfounded it was out of line.

Once again you are out of line here... not once have we charged any clan for an advertisement nor have we placed a clans advertisement on the Podcast since we have been here, nor have we ever even offered for a clan to pay for an advertisement on the podcast.

I kindly ask everyone that wants to make statements like this, contact a staff member first to make sure your statements are correct.

http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/78583-A-few-new-websites...

"We also launched www.txdeal.com which is basically a Texas Groupon... but I mention this as to help promote Viper's deal... Get a fully produced 60 second voice ad from SnakeTree media for half price. For those that are looking to put together a great recruitment video or promotional video, take advantage of this deal exclusively at TXDeal. You do not have to be in Texas to take advantage of this."

Now I believe the deal has since been taken down but when I clicked on it at the time of the deal it was like 4.99 or around there, for a 60 second spot and I also believe it had more details about the deal being apart of the podcast but if not, it still was a UF site that was offering "voice time" for money.

As for the LA NOIRE, what I posted still remains true, it was just another thing UF started but didn't finish and the reasons why don't matter. If what you said is the truth then really the blame is on UF, but we the players get the short end of the stick once again.

I would love to hear from the tournament admins btw, and what they are currently doing. I'll even try come up with a solution's for any problem they're having.

Edited by Last-

• Directors
http://www.urgentfury.com/showthread.php/78583-A-few-new-websites...

"We also launched www.txdeal.com which is basically a Texas Groupon... but I mention this as to help promote Viper's deal... Get a fully produced 60 second voice ad from SnakeTree media for half price. For those that are looking to put together a great recruitment video or promotional video, take advantage of this deal exclusively at TXDeal. You do not have to be in Texas to take advantage of this."

Now I believe the deal has since been taken down but when I clicked on it at the time of the deal it was like 4.99 or around there, for a 60 second spot and I also believe it had more details about the deal being apart of the podcast but if not, it still was a UF site that was offering "voice time" for money.

As for the LA NOIRE, what I posted still remains true, it was just another thing UF started but didn't finish and the reasons why don't matter. If what you said is the truth then really the blame is on UF, but we the players get the short end of the stick once again.

I would love to hear from the tournament admins btw, and what they are currently doing. I'll even try come up with a solution's for any problem they're having.

Ok round 2 of let's get our facts straight...

SnakeTree Media is not a UF owned site, that is Viper's business and we chose to help promote him. He does great voice work and some clans can attest to that as well as PSNation.org. And once again not once did it ever advertise that it would be on the podcast. And you are correct the deal is over so it is not longer being offered.

That money goes to SnakeTree Media.

as for

it was just another thing UF started but didn't finish and the reasons why don't matter.

You keep saying another thing... what others have there been... this is the first time we have ever had to pull a contest. And yes the reason matters... when a game publisher asks us to do something, we don't ignore them.

And how UF is to blame, I can't wait.

And Johnson has already posted an update.

Why not bust your chops, when that is all I am seeing lately.

You really think the guys here want to be idle? Nope You think they want to not have anything going so people won't come to the site to enjoy some competition. So why not give them some ?

Really who is playing Black Ops as a team? How will we know until there's a sign up of some kind ? Are there any teams interested in anything you commented on? I bet more would rather do that then sit here, Are there teams playing anything on the ladders, because that is what I would gauge my thoughts on whether putting the time and effort in a tournament would be. No body uses the UFGL ladders because A. It takes every single member of your team to first sign up to UF to get an invite and B. They are not worth playing on when they are glichy and there's no one else to play on them,

Your point I am sure is valid, but to generate a tournament with no support would be idiotic. There was 20 clans signed up for socom, there was support for it and still is. I bet you could throw a tourny out for s4 right now and get at least 15 of those 20 clans signed up again,

You guys have posted how many times looking to have a clan battle with the UFGL. How many hits of interest have you had? We actually would rather do a s4 ingame ladders match, if it was post for a UFGL match then that's our mistake and as i stated before no point to using the UFGL. I am sure it has nothing to do with your clan, I think it has to do with the game.

So reflect and ask yourself your questions again with the information that I have relayed to you, because I know that those are actual facts. I have been involved in putting tournaments together and it is no easy task. You say it's not easy ok, but give me a week I could have a tournament up and running with rules that make sense for everyone. Idk whats so hard about adopting to the game instead of the game adopting to you.

Fair enough? Sure is.

Btw Red why not help me come up with ideas ?

A socom tournament right now is out of the question Last. I don't know how much time you have spent on the game but from what I have seen it would be extremely difficult to get a tournament going on there at this moment. Once a party system comes out then Endurance will pick up right away. As far as your other points I will leave that to higher powers but I suggest not writing in such a hostile tone.

Ok round 2 of let's get our facts straight...

SnakeTree Media is not a UF owned site, that is Viper's business and we chose to help promote him. He does great voice work and some clans can attest to that as well as PSNation.org. And once again not once did it ever advertise that it would be on the podcast. And you are correct the deal is over so it is not longer being offered. We both know if clans wanted to pay to be on the pod cast that would have been a deal, but since we can't see the deal anymore that's pointless.

That money goes to SnakeTree Media.

as for

You keep saying another thing... what others have there been... this is the first time we have ever had to pull a contest. And yes the reason matters... when a game publisher asks us to do something, we don't ignore them. I'm not just talking about contest there's been plenty of things uf has started but not finished and I'm not even talking about the current times at UF this is throughout UF's history, hence why I said another thing UF has started and not finished not the "current owners" haven't finished.

And how UF is to blame, I can't wait. Maybe because you didn't clear it with rockstar or made sure brady games had the ok before starting the contest .

And Johnson has already posted an update.

Now I would love to go for another round, but I've made my points, no need to drag this on.

Edited by Last-

• Directors

I am not sure what has gotten under your skin, but... the only mention in the deal about podcasts is direct from www.snaketreemedia.com

Welcome to Snaketree Media, home of voice-over talent, Patrick Gross.

Voice Description: Strong Medium Voice, Medium Bass, High Energy, Several Dialects, Versatile

Voice Genders and "Ages" I can perform:

• Young Adult Male

• Middle Age Male

• Senior Male

Language of Which I Am a Native Speaker:

English (North American)

Services Offered for Recording Purposes:

• Commercials

• Promos

• IVR, voicemail, phone systems, and on-hold messages

• Audiobooks

• Documentaries

• Movie and game trailers

• Podcasts

• Songs

• Others (on-camera, infomercials, live announcers, spokespersons)

Recording and Delivery Capabilities:

I can record and then deliver the audio files via Email

Pre-, Post- and Production Services I Offer:

I can deliver edited and finished voice tracks

I offer radio ad production services

point 2... I guess I am not surprised you are referring to the past... still not sure what you are referring too but waste of everyone's time since this post still serves no purpose.

point 3... since this is the first time we have ever had an issue, it caught us off guard and there is a new process in place to prevent this in the future. But as for it being all our fault, perception is reality, weather true or not.

Final point... it is great when anyone wants to give good feedback, there is an avenue for this and anytime we receive a suggestion, it is on the table at the next weekly meeting.

We decide if it is something we are going to investigate or set aside. The staff take their time on everything that is done, and to do anything that would compromise the standards we have is not acceptable.

Does not matter if you a longtime veteran, an approved or non approved clan, all suggestions are reviewed by the staff at some point.

I can understand the concern of no tournaments being run. While the game is currently very glitchy with a lot of outside factors effecting wars (Late spawns) I would still expect that the site have some kind of plan to run a tournament using the in-game ladder system. Considering that there have been no actual projected release dates for a custom match system which would allow for a custom war to be made. The best you can hope for are some custom playlists to be made available inside of the already existing clan war system. With that said there should be something constructed allowing clans to compete on the in-game system relevant to UF as soon as the next patch comes out by Mid June.

I understand that zipper may state that they are working on something to accommodate the site but in all reality their main focus is to accommodate Gamebattles/MLG because it's a Sony Supported site so I wouldn't count on getting what UF needs in that game for MONTHS and there should be something put in place for the community to participate in while your waiting for that update.

Edited by ShadowOfaSolja

I am sure some of you may not be aware...but there is a site that accompanies UF. It is called UFGL which stands for Urgent Fury Gaming LEague. It is an avenue taht can be taken to partake in competition that is similar to a tournament.

Now I would expect if there are so many clans eager for competition they would use that source to fulfill that and not depend on a tournament to be established and put forth.

Lastly I would expect many clans to be fervently using this ladder in anticipation of said tournament. But low and behold it is not being used. WHY??? Becuase it is a pain in the ass to do it. And there aren't clans here that have faith in a game such as this.

This is what I don't understand. Can no one read between the lines?

You can't look at the UFGL as a precursor to how a tournament sign-up would result. The UFGL requires all participants to sign up and that's asking a lot for a system that doesnt have 5 clans using it. Believe me when I say I understand the concept of how it's "Suppose" to work but the fact is that people are to lazy to put in that much effort for something with such a little turn-out. Nobody is going to have their entire clan of 30-50 members register in order to war 5 other clans, especially when that ladder has no bearing on anything (not a tournament, not their rep in game, no prize, nothing). There is nothing motivating people to play on that ladder that they can't do in game.

A tournament on the other hand offers clans structure for 1-2 days out of the week, it also offers them a chance at a title to display on their website or sigs. I mean if a clan wants a regular match it's much easier to just jump in the clan match system and grab one. As a clan with over 4,600 games played between our 2 rosters I think we'd know lol.

You can't look at the UFGL as a precursor to how a tournament sign-up would result. The UFGL requires all participants to sign up and that's asking a lot for a system that doesnt have 5 clans using it. Believe me when I say I understand the concept of how it's "Suppose" to work but the fact is that people are to lazy to put in that much effort for something with such a little turn-out. Nobody is going to have their entire clan of 30-50 members register in order to war 5 other clans, especially when that ladder has no bearing on anything (not a tournament, not their rep in game, no prize, nothing). There is nothing motivating people to play on that ladder that they can't do in game.

A tournament on the other hand offers clans structure for 1-2 days out of the week, it also offers them a chance at a title to display on their website or sigs. I mean if a clan wants a regular match it's much easier to just jump in the clan match system and grab one. As a clan with over 4,600 games played between our 2 rosters I think we'd know lol.

Agree 100% with your post

But I bet if you get 5-10 people from the clan to register the rest will follow. and if they dont well they dont play and explain why when you practicing for a match. If they surf the web they can take 3 mins out of there time to register its not that hard. Though they are not offering prizes, take it as a chance to size up your competition within the community. But it would help if it had offered something, maybe a template or something that you can put under your SIG that displays your record in the UFGL. Something along those lines.

As far as the tourney goes, I waited for sony to get there PSN restored for awhile, I think I could wait a little longer for the patch to come out to get this tourney started. Hell the longer it takes the more weapons I have a chance to MOD up on.

Edited by iDnTyX

I agree with you in waiting for the patch but I thought the issue was waiting for the custom rooms to be changed. If I was incorrect I apologize as I think waiting for the patch to start the tourney is completely understandable as its only 1-2 weeks away. BUT if they are waiting for custom rooms so they don't have to use the in-game system then there is going to be nobody left here to compete by the time it comes out. They havent even pretended to announce to the public that they are working on it meaning that if it comes out it wont be for at least 1-2 months and that is being VERY optimistic. It's one thing to wait a few weeks to get the kinks out of the game that are effecting the wars, it's a whole other to wait for the whole war process inside the game to be changed lol. I think most people would just like to see some preparation being made so that a tourney can be started as soon as the patch drops and is tested through.

As far as sizing up the competition I agree but that can just as easily be done on the in-game ladder without jumping through the hoops of UFGL. If you see a UF clan then send them a challenge providing you have the same numbers. Or set up a scrim on their forums ahead of time to ensure you have the right numbers on. It does sadden me to see that nobody is going around setting up scrims anymore. I remember when our challenge sections was one of the most used sections on the TNU forum :(

Shadow, it is the patch we are waiting on. The spawn issue, booted players, host can't get back in, are the issues that need resolved. Using the in game ladder isn't that big of an issue. So the map will be random, not a big deal. Having a disadvantage for guys that spawn late is.

Shadow, it is the patch we are waiting on. The spawn issue, booted players, host can't get back in, are the issues that need resolved. Using the in game ladder isn't that big of an issue. So the map will be random, not a big deal. Having a disadvantage for guys that spawn late is.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. For some reason it seemed like there was a wait for the custom room set-up to change. Waiting for the patch is completely understandable.