So Um....pt 3

So I need to know why the hell UF is so stagnant. I mean, we're just sitting here and it's like watching paint dry around here.

I want my concerns addressed here immediately, and in the order of priority that I have them listed here:

1: Why is this forum still grey and orange? I thought change is always a good thing? We've been staring at gun metal grey and orange now for years. What, you guys can't come up with better ideas?

2: I think the smilies suck. Change them. Or else.

3: If Socom 4 sucks right now, and we all know it has its kinks (which I'm going to blame UF for...I will need a few days to collate my reasons as to why and how), why can't you create a tourney for other games? What, are you just one-trick ponies? The PS3 landscape is HUGE, and yet you pigeonhole yourselves into just Socom (which sucks) and CoD (which sucks the leftovers of what Socom sucks). With how much you have us jumping through hoops here, howabout doing a Portal 2 tourney then? We could promote teamwork with a Little Big Planet tourney! Howabout a MK vs DC tourney? The bitch is only $9.99 at Amazon right now! Double-woo!

4: I want a new section here on the forum and I think you're lazy as fuck for not putting it up, like, years ago. A section that I can call my own. That I can plant seeds and watch them grow before me. A section dedicated solely to those who like to complain like me. Just complain, I won't post anything else there of any value. I swear. Just give me this. If you don't, it means you're not listening to your community here and...well...that would just show how much more you suck than Socom 4 sucks. Suck it.

5: What's with the fucking ads in this bitch, yo? I mean, if you're going to throw all these gargantuan mf'n ads in my face like this to totally ruin my experience on these forums and basically hide any and all information I need to get from the forum (accept for the fields to create a "New Post," "Title," "Body Copy for Bitching," and "Submit New Thread"). Instead of the bullshit ads that are currently taking up, like, 98% of the screen right now with offers for video games and shit, why can't the ads have naked chicks, juggling horses, talking antelopes, and trailers for the next Justin Bieber movie? Seriously...if you guys can't crack outside of your shell and start thinking smart with these ads, I'm gone!

6: My smartphone's showing signs of cripple. Had my OG Droid here since Dec of 2009. Love the fucking thing but everything dies. Need your advice on my next VZW handset. If you don't give me this info, I'm gone.

7: My coffee just got fucking cold from typing this shit out. Get me a new one. Or I'm gone.

8: I don't think anyone on this forum should have sigs anymore. I think the images need to get replaced with just text. Within this text, people are just to list the following and the following only:

8A: The last time sex was experienced.

8B: The last time self-gratification was experienced.

8C: Person's current level of angst and frustration on a forum with 1 being Chill and 10 being suicidal.

8D: Correlation of angst and frustration levels in accordance with data gathered from 8A and 8B, as determined with a 3rd party individual here on the forum.

This is my idea, I give it to you for free...unless you want to pay me for it. It's a good one and it will help the community. Besides, who gives a fuck about the picture beneath this entire mound of bullshit I just typed out....while my fucking coffee got cold?

9: If you're not going to create an awesome tourney for Little Big Planet, then for fuck's sake just create one for Socom 4. Right now. Well, ok...just create it tonight so we can start playing on Monday. In two days. We know the game blows right now, but we want a tourney that blows along with it so we can have a ton of ammo to say afterward how much UF blows. Because you know you blow. Right?

10: I wish Ravage from the Transformers was my pet. That fucking kitty was SO fucking badass.

@TOW: Questions. FYI, I'm not responding what so ever to your post, just asking you a few questions publically.

Have you really gotten into Socom 4 yet? The leaderboards indicate that you have only played 7 hours, with only 93 kills I'm going to guess No. How many clan challenges have you played in? Recently? Have you played any top 50 clans? In those top 50, have you been PE4 spammed yet? If you were PE4 spammed, did you retaliate with more PE4? Or did you play 'em straight, the UF way? Have you played against any clan for that matter that spams PE4?

If you answered yest to any of the last few questions, you would understand why a clan (in the Top 25 I might add) would be interested in playing other clans that are not going to abuse in-game mechanics nor victory dance on your body after they kill you. Gee, I could have sworn that there was a site somewhere around these parts that was built upon this very simple fact... seems to be MIA.

@TOW: Questions. FYI, I'm not responding what so ever to your post, just asking you a few questions publically.

Have you really gotten into Socom 4 yet? The leaderboards indicate that you have only played 7 hours, with only 93 kills I'm going to guess No. How many clan challenges have you played in? Recently? Have you played any top 50 clans? In those top 50, have you been PE4 spammed yet? If you were PE4 spammed, did you retaliate with more PE4? Or did you play 'em straight, the UF way? Have you played against any clan for that matter that spams PE4?

If you answered yest to any of the last few questions, you would understand why a clan (in the Top 25 I might add) would be interested in playing other clans that are not going to abuse in-game mechanics nor victory dance on your body after they kill you. Gee, I could have sworn that there was a site somewhere around these parts that was built upon this very simple fact... seems to be MIA.

good job... see you guys @30 currently. I recognise one clan @21, Above Reality. We played them in a 9v9. At the beginning of every round every member of their team tossed 3 PE4's... it was like multiple airstrikes going off at the same time. We tried to play them straight but they just kept up the PE4 spam so I think we ended up leaving after the first map. I'm not going to reduce myself to playing like that, and I haven't seen anyone in my clan using them either. I'd rather just back out and not play clans using what I consider to be a glitch- that's certainly not socom to me.

I will play.

Have you really gotten into Socom 4 yet? Yes

How many clan challenges have you played in? about 30 Recently? Yes, last weekend

Have you played any top 50 clans? Yes

In those top 50, have you been PE4 spammed yet? Repeatedly

If you were PE4 spammed, did you retaliate with more PE4? Or did you play 'em straight, the UF way? We played them straight!!

Have you played against any clan for that matter that spams PE4? Yes

Now, I have a few questions for you, Caracarn.

Do your mics work sporadically in the Challenge lobby?

Do some of your players have issues entering the room at any time?

Have you been hung up on a challenge because it doesn't go through?

Does the list of clan not show up for all of your members?

Do you have any shooters booted when/if the match finally launches?

Do you have shooters that don't spawn until 10-45 seconds into the round?

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you may begin to understand the tourney admins reluctance to start a tourney that is virtually guaranteed to have multiple issues every war night. If you don't have those issues, then congratulations, your clan would be the only one I've heard of that doesn't. The spawn issue alone is enough to wreck the tourney. When one clan has even a 10 second headstart, it's a HUGE disadvantage. And that scenario happens virtually every game.

Just an FYI for you, there are multiple discussions going on amongst the staff about how to try and proceed with a tournament with the current state of S4. You guys have been posting like the Staff are sitting on their thumbs and not doing anything. We are all just as eager as you to get out there and compete with our respective clans.

I will play.

Do your mics work sporadically in the Challenge lobby? Doesn't matter, mic will always work in the game, also there is a trick to fixing the mics in the challenge lobby if they aren't working.

Do some of your players have issues entering the room at any time? Nope as of right now the only person who gets booted from the room and can't come back is the host of the party. The rest of the team members who where in the lobby at the point the lobby became ready may come and go as pleased from the war.

Have you been hung up on a challenge because it doesn't go through? If you sit there long enough you will get an error message, stating your challenge didn't go through if not then simply leave the room and make a new one.

Does the list of clan not show up for all of your members? That doesn't really matter, only the person getting the match needs to see the list, if other members can't see they just need to simple refresh themselves and then they can see if they wish.

Do you have any shooters booted when/if the match finally launches? Yep has happen to us one time during our 2,000 or so matches and it's also the person with the worst connection in the clan. But of-course he wasn't the lobby host so he simple restarted his ps3 and came back in.

Do you have shooters that don't spawn until 10-45 seconds into the round? Nope not really anymore, once you know the trick there's really no respawn delay and if there is, it's like 5 second and that's because you did it to slow.

If you answered yes to any of those questions, then you may begin to understand the tourney admins reluctance to start a tourney that is virtually guaranteed to have multiple issues every war night. If you don't have those issues, then congratulations, your clan would be the only one I've heard of that doesn't. The spawn issue alone is enough to wreck the tourney. When one clan has even a 10 second headstart, it's a HUGE disadvantage. And that scenario happens virtually every game.

Just an FYI for you, there are multiple discussions going on amongst the staff about how to try and proceed with a tournament with the current state of S4. You guys have been posting like the Staff are sitting on their thumbs and not doing anything. We are all just as eager as you to get out there and compete with our respective clans. Guess you guys haven't been sitting with your thump up your asses but why ask questions that anyone who's played the game for more then a day would know ?

Only issue I see is if the host of the party gets booted they can't come back but, just as it's been stated many times in UF make sure the host has a good connection and you have nothing to worry about. Oh and it's only happen to me twice in the 2k or so wars incase anyone is wondering.

seems you know some tricks. why not share?

trick to fixing the mics in the challenge lobby if they aren't working.

he simple restarted his ps3 and came back in.

once you know the trick there's really no respawn delay and if there is, it's like 5 second

I want to know the tricks. Thanks for the ps3 restart didn't know thats how people were getting back in.

Please post the "tricks"??

Edited by GeneralSarcasm

So I need to know why the hell UF is so stagnant. I mean, we're just sitting here and it's like watching paint dry around here.

I want my concerns addressed here immediately, and in the order of priority that I have them listed here:

1: Why is this forum still grey and orange? I thought change is always a good thing? We've been staring at gun metal grey and orange now for years. What, you guys can't come up with better ideas?

2: I think the smilies suck. Change them. Or else.

3: If Socom 4 sucks right now, and we all know it has its kinks (which I'm going to blame UF for...I will need a few days to collate my reasons as to why and how), why can't you create a tourney for other games? What, are you just one-trick ponies? The PS3 landscape is HUGE, and yet you pigeonhole yourselves into just Socom (which sucks) and CoD (which sucks the leftovers of what Socom sucks). With how much you have us jumping through hoops here, howabout doing a Portal 2 tourney then? We could promote teamwork with a Little Big Planet tourney! Howabout a MK vs DC tourney? The bitch is only $9.99 at Amazon right now! Double-woo!

4: I want a new section here on the forum and I think you're lazy as fuck for not putting it up, like, years ago. A section that I can call my own. That I can plant seeds and watch them grow before me. A section dedicated solely to those who like to complain like me. Just complain, I won't post anything else there of any value. I swear. Just give me this. If you don't, it means you're not listening to your community here and...well...that would just show how much more you suck than Socom 4 sucks. Suck it.

5: What's with the fucking ads in this bitch, yo? I mean, if you're going to throw all these gargantuan mf'n ads in my face like this to totally ruin my experience on these forums and basically hide any and all information I need to get from the forum (accept for the fields to create a "New Post," "Title," "Body Copy for Bitching," and "Submit New Thread"). Instead of the bullshit ads that are currently taking up, like, 98% of the screen right now with offers for video games and shit, why can't the ads have naked chicks, juggling horses, talking antelopes, and trailers for the next Justin Bieber movie? Seriously...if you guys can't crack outside of your shell and start thinking smart with these ads, I'm gone!

6: My smartphone's showing signs of cripple. Had my OG Droid here since Dec of 2009. Love the fucking thing but everything dies. Need your advice on my next VZW handset. If you don't give me this info, I'm gone.

7: My coffee just got fucking cold from typing this shit out. Get me a new one. Or I'm gone.

8: I don't think anyone on this forum should have sigs anymore. I think the images need to get replaced with just text. Within this text, people are just to list the following and the following only:

8A: The last time sex was experienced.

8B: The last time self-gratification was experienced.

8C: Person's current level of angst and frustration on a forum with 1 being Chill and 10 being suicidal.

8D: Correlation of angst and frustration levels in accordance with data gathered from 8A and 8B, as determined with a 3rd party individual here on the forum.

This is my idea, I give it to you for free...unless you want to pay me for it. It's a good one and it will help the community. Besides, who gives a fuck about the picture beneath this entire mound of bullshit I just typed out....while my fucking coffee got cold?

9: If you're not going to create an awesome tourney for Little Big Planet, then for fuck's sake just create one for Socom 4. Right now. Well, ok...just create it tonight so we can start playing on Monday. In two days. We know the game blows right now, but we want a tourney that blows along with it so we can have a ton of ammo to say afterward how much UF blows. Because you know you blow. Right?

10: I wish Ravage from the Transformers was my pet. That fucking kitty was SO fucking badass.

11. I really don't like how some clans have been here for years and haven't won anything, it just makes me sad every time I see them so we need to not let anyone who can't win in UF anymore.

seems you know some tricks. why not share?

trick to fixing the mics in the challenge lobby if they aren't working.

he simple restarted his ps3 and came back in.

once you know the trick there's really no respawn delay and if there is, it's like 5 second

I want to know the tricks. Thanks for the ps3 restart didn't know thats how people were getting back in.

If people wanted to know they just needed to ask.

1. To fix the mics in the challenge lobby, it's all based on the host of the room. You can simply back out to the main menu where you can play single player and then come back online. If for some reason the doesn't work, then just quit the game and come back but the menu trick works 90% of the time. Also as a bonus tip, that's how you refresh the clan listing so if you can see it or just want it refreshed that's all you need to do is go to the main menu.

2. He only had to restart his ps3 because he was dc from the game at the very start of the match and his ps3 froze. If you get booted from the game and your not the party host, you may just re enter the war.

3. Respawn delay is actually very easy, but I actually just heard there's a new way to do it on gb, Idk I haven't tried there way "which is if you die early enough in the round, you simply back out the game then come back and it's like your starting the game over again each time, hence to respawn delay." Again Idk this one because I or anyone once in my clan has tried it.

Edited by Last-

Really last? That kinda of pisses me off that such a comment would be made..... That is not the way a uf clan should even think. No respect for others, im telling ya, this can be a cruel place some times

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

what is the respawn delay trick you use? I haven't been able to get back into a game I left. I can get back into the closed lobby, but never the game. Is there some trick to that? I've tried to join on friends in the game, etc, but it always throws "clan match" type errs.

I appreciate you sharing.

Really last? That kinda of pisses me off that such a comment would be made..... That is not the way a uf clan should even think. No respect for others, im telling ya, this can be a cruel place some times

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Hush it was a joke, tow wants to hop on the last bandwagon I guess, so if where going to make up fake list I just thought I would keep going with my fake wish list.

what is the respawn delay trick you use? I haven't been able to get back into a game I left. I can get back into the closed lobby, but never the game. Is there some trick to that? I've tried to join on friends in the game, etc, but it always throws "clan match" type errs.

As long as your spectator cam is on your dead body you will only spawn 5-6-7 seconds late. Of course if you survive a round you spawn on time. I dont know anything about any tricks though.

Gen are you hosting the parties when you get booted ? Because if so then you can't get back in no matter what, it's a glitch zipper is patching. Otherwise you should be able to join. I mean we've had guys in our lobbies and it was ready, but they left before we ever got a challenge or got into a war and an hour later they joined and ended up in the war.

As for our trick, it's actually simple just don't watch others play, if you stay on your dead body or switch to it at the end of the game you respawn will be 10 second max"depending on if you switch back to your dead body on time or to late" also if you hold L2 it helps as it will bring up your gun wheel and let you load up faster just remember to let go of L2 when you load. The only time I ever get a 15 + second respawn is when I forget to do those things.

Edited by Last-

LOL...by the by....and no joke...I finally decided to look at some of the ads that were on this site. Gotta say "thanks." LOL

I ended up seeing a Beta for BSG online. Fucking love that show, love flight games...and had NO idea that this was a game.

Just made my account and now I'm a motherfuckin' Cylon. Haha

anyway.....continue.... :)

Gen are you hosting the parties when you get booted ? Because if so then you can't get back in no matter what, it's a glitch zipper is patching. Otherwise you should be able to join. I mean we've had guys in our lobbies and it was ready, but they left before we ever got a challenge or got into a war and an hour later they joined and ended up in the war.

As for our trick, it's actually simple just don't watch others play, if you stay on your dead body or switch to it at the end of the game you respawn will be 10 second max"depending on if you switch back to your dead body on time or to late" also if you hold L2 it helps as it will bring up your gun wheel and let you load up faster just remember to let go of L2 when you load. The only time I ever get a 15 + second respawn is when I forget to do those things.

I've never been booted, but I have backed out by accident and on purpose, thinking that I would be afk for a long time. I have hosted my fair share but I am never able to rejoin a game if I leave. Like I said before I can get back into a lobby but never the game. What do you do to rejoin? Do you "follow" someone that is in, or something else?

LOL...by the by....and no joke...I finally decided to look at some of the ads that were on this site. Gotta say "thanks." LOL

I ended up seeing a Beta for BSG online. Fucking love that show, love flight games...and had NO idea that this was a game.

Just made my account and now I'm a motherfuckin' Cylon. Haha

anyway.....continue.... :)

I was tempted to sign up. I like the original BSG, never watched the new ones. I did like Caprica.

I want a tournament just as bad as everyone else, but I want to play on a game that works right. A couple glitches is doable, but when it seems like there are multiple glitches in every aspect of the game, no thanks. I don't want to have to jump through hoops and have my whole clan do that every match just to play a match that will take as long as getting into it. UF is not doing anything right now and that's a little frustrating, I get it, however, most of us are doing other things, like playing other games, bullshitting on the forums, talking about landscaping or cooking. We don't need someone mentioning the fact that there is nothing going on around here every other day.

And about the adds. Who cares? Even google has adds. They even have a button to let you put your own add there.

I will play.

Do your mics work sporadically in the Challenge lobby?

Do some of your players have issues entering the room at any time?

Have you been hung up on a challenge because it doesn't go through?

Does the list of clan not show up for all of your members?

Do you have any shooters booted when/if the match finally launches?

Do you have shooters that don't spawn until 10-45 seconds into the round?

Just an FYI for you, there are multiple discussions going on amongst the staff about how to try and proceed with a tournament with the current state of S4. You guys have been posting like the Staff are sitting on their thumbs and not doing anything. We are all just as eager as you to get out there and compete with our respective clans.

@BMN: I was asking Tow. It appears you have an issue with what I have said, however I don't think expressing your emotions in a post that wasn't even directed to you I the professional way to handle it. If you would like to work out your problems with me, you can contact me on skype: frozenpaw- or PSN: i2IDIUM . I do believe Last has answered your questions, so I don't see any need to reiterate them again.

@Tow: Going to answer my questions for you? If I recall, you created UF for clans who did not wish to play against cheaters, glitchers, or spammers. At least that is what I have been told. So why is wanting to play at UF which offers what I am currently looking for (no double rounding nor explosive spam) such an issue? Many of the "problems" that have been brought up can be worked out. Sure at this time, S4 might not be compatible with most UF formats, but why can we continue to innovate and make due with what we are given?

Edited by Pillorian

I was tempted to sign up. I like the original BSG, never watched the new ones. I did like Caprica.

OH MY GOODNESS!

I have watched the entire series (new) twice now...the second time simply because I sat 3 non-BSG lovers into it telling them they would love it, and one girl who doesn't even like sci-fi, but told her she would love the political/social parallel issues happening in that show.

ALL of them finished the series with me 3 weeks ago....they're fans for life.

It's worth it to watch. Hell, they're all on Instant Netflix, so stream the hell out of them.

@BMN: I was asking Tow. It appears you have an issue with what I have said, however I don't think expressing your emotions in a post that wasn't even directed to you I the professional way to handle it. If you would like to work out your problems with me, you can contact me on skype: frozenpaw- or PSN: i2IDIUM . I do believe Last has answered your questions, so I don't see any need to reiterate them again.

@Tow: Going to answer my questions for you? If I recall, you created UF for clans who did not wish to play against cheaters, glitchers, or spammers. At least that is what I have been told. So why is wanting to play at UF which offers what I am currently looking for (no double rounding nor explosive spam) such an issue? Many of the "problems" that have been brought up can be worked out. Sure at this time, S4 might not be compatible with most UF formats, but why can we continue to innovate and make due with what we are given?

Re: BMN - have you ever SEEN BigMoneyNacku? He's the nastiest angry black man that you will ever meet in life. When I talk to him, I call him mom AND dad, simply because he wants me to. I think he'll give you a pass on this one transgression, but if there is a second, he will surely eat the siding off of the east side of your home. THAT angry.

Re: ME - Well, there's a few things there, so I'll break it down.

1: I wasn't planning on answering the questions. This was a bullshit thread. I create them from time to time. It's funny how it gets legs, though.

2: You recall correctly. We created UF so players would have a cheat/glitch-free environment to play within.

3: Yes, you were told correctly.

4: You wanting to play at UF was never an issue. I never made it one. I don't want to look back at my original post, but bad memory says I never mentioned you, or anyone, not being able to play at UF. I don't know what this is about.

5: Problems can always be worked out. Absolutely. However, sometimes the time that's spent solving a problem doesn't counter-balance the reward issued after said problem is resolved. It's a business thing, not a game thing. Just had a meeting about that very same type of analysis process just today here. Here, we're giving up approx. $110K of yearly income going forward simply because the service offered to attain that $110K outweighs the reward. Time is money...time doesn't always equate TO money......unless you're Big Money.....like a Nacku.

6: Your very last sentence doesn't make sense to me. Maybe missing a letter here or some punctuation there, but it doesn't make sense to me. I'm sure it's just a missing letter that changes what you were trying to present. (y'know, kinda like that really weird vertical line in that snazzy PS3 controller box in your sig. Can someone PLEASE fix that! LOL, it would make so many other things right in the world...)