Viruses on this site?

Guest Attitude

Guest Attitude

For about 10 days now, whenever i'm reading some threads on this forum from my work computer, the anti-virus pops up stating a virus was detected on this page but was averted. Then it allows me to go back to reading the threads.

This has never happened before and I'm kind of at a loss. Could it be because of the ads? I don't have a clue. I certainly don't want to fuck up a computer thats not mine. Has this happened to anyone else?

• Directors

Please send me screen shots to shane @ urgentfury.com we have had 3 reports and are trying to track it down... we do believe it is an ad.

What concerns me is you say 10 days when we only made the ad change 2 days ago.

Guest Attitude

if it pops up again, i'll grab a screen shot. and sorry, i didn't pay attention to what type it was, i just let the anti-virus take care of it.

Attitude called me and said that those virus warnings he was getting finally got through and bricked his laptop. He stated that he cannot get onto the internet now.

He was able to get a screen shot though. He is attempting to get it off on a thumb drive and send via his PC to me. I'll then post them up once he gets that completed.

He is using McAfee on his laptop. I already advised him that anti-virus program is not helping him. lol

I got the same thing. It shut down my browser and this pop-up came up and "Windows" wanted to scan. I said no and it started scanning anyways. I don't have a clue what ad it was but it was that typical "Windows has detected a virus and needs to scan" virus.

I have seen those before where they look very much like windows updates but they aren't.

Sent with a flux capacitor at 88 miles per hour via Tapatalk

• Directors
I don't like mine crispy. And can I get three eggs over easy with a side of wheat toast?

Damn auto spell... I was at the hospital tending to my grandmother... I have kiiled the advertiser

Here is the email from Attitude since he is scared now to visit UF.

the main virus that caused it all was called "XP Security". It placed 6 viruses on my computer. Of which disabled all my .exe files. My home computer went down right after log in on the main screen and my work computer caught the viruses while I was already viewing threads.

He sent me the screen capture, but it's in Word form. So if you want to PM an email address Shane, I'll forwarded it to you.