need UF support for socom4 no boom custom game mode

Its such a myth that having no explosives leads to some incredible gunfights. It just leads to more camping, and with a cover system now in Socom it would be even worse. A room with no PE4 or 203's I could understand but grenades are needed. I remember those no boom rooms back in S3 especially on a map like Killing Fields. It was suppose to be some great run & gun room. And what would always happen? One team would not even walk through the doorway of their spawn.

I am a huge fan of the no-boom tournaments of days gone by. However, I have to side with Ruthless about no boom in S4. Maybe if the cover system was turned off, it might work. I would have to play like that first to see if it works. But if the cover system is on, no-boom would be horrible. Hell even with grenades, people won't leave the cover for a whole game.

Its such a myth that having no explosives leads to some incredible gunfights. It just leads to more camping, and with a cover system now in Socom it would be even worse. A room with no PE4 or 203's I could understand but grenades are needed. I remember those no boom rooms back in S3 especially on a map like Killing Fields. It was suppose to be some great run & gun room. And what would always happen? One team would not even walk through the doorway of their spawn.

This.

Enough said.

-Slith

I am a huge fan of the no-boom tournaments of days gone by. However, I have to side with Ruthless about no boom in S4. Maybe if the cover system was turned off, it might work. I would have to play like that first to see if it works. But if the cover system is on, no-boom would be horrible. Hell even with grenades, people won't leave the cover for a whole game.

Sure cover system off would be great too. Remember these (custom game modes) are the things we CAN get put in the game... zipper can actually do it without patch approval, we just need to get them to listen to us.

Honestly the cover system really isnt that effective if there are going to be guys running around everywhere. When your in the cover your look speed is much lower so when your trying to track someone from behind cover you always shoot behind them unless they are standing still.