It's official: socom4 patch 1.03 on 6/14

Confirmed Release: June 14, 2011

Second Patch – SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs v1.03

Confirmed Release: June 14, 2011

• Repaired multiple issues related to camera collision, including moving the camera above the player's head when colliding with geometry of moving to/ from narrow spaces
  • Revised PE4 Explosives: Dramatically reduced throwing velocity and throwing distance, while lowering the damage value
  • Adjusted gun accuracy values to more unique by weapon
  • Updated "tap-to-talk" in Classic mode so that it functions properly on with all DualShock control schemes and the PlayStation Move/ Sharp Shooter peripheral
  • Fixed "spawn delay" issue that prevented players from spawning simultaneously consistently
  • Added controller options for adjusting the dead zone and acceleration
  • Added option to activate a center dot for your targeting reticule if desired
  • Added option to turn in-game XP displays on or off
  • Removed Merits and Victory Dances in Clan Challenge Matches
  • "Ready" Clans are now filtered to the top of the Clan Challenge list
  • Added Clan Lobby Player Counts to Clan Challenge Invites
  • Made improvements to camera while in "Spectator" View
  • Increased strafe and backwards movement character speed
  • Increased Victory Dance animation duration
  • Multiplayer Gametypes are now organized by category
  • Added queues for "Classic Small Suppression. Classic Medley" and "Classic Small Medley"

Third Patch –SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs v1.04

Estimated Release: July 2011

• Activation of SOCOM 4 Party System
  • More to confirm…

http://forums.socom.com/t5/SOCOM-4-General-Discussion/Ongoing-Retail-Patch-Notes-UPD-June-10-2011/td-p/1726504

Guest Attitude
Maybe I will stick it back in my PS3 and see how the game runs. Im still not going to be happy, until I can get with my clan easier.
You can get with your clan? Shit, the only time I can get into a game with my clan is when we play co-op. Party system should have been priority one!

It is very confusing why a party system was not included. It is interesting how nothing that was complained about during the beta, was not taken seriously.

What Zipper has done, in general, with this game is most confusing. They could have still presented a "Next-Gen" game and kept it like all SOCOM's with the lobbies and custom matches...clan interactivity. There are many elements that were not needed to be removed, yet they were.

I wish they called it something else, like just Special Forces, like they did in the EU. Or better yet called it Third Person MAG. Or whatever. Just not SOCOM.

It is very confusing why a party system was not included. It is interesting how nothing that was complained about during the beta, was not taken seriously.

What Zipper has done, in general, with this game is most confusing. They could have still presented a "Next-Gen" game and kept it like all SOCOM's with the lobbies and custom matches...clan interactivity. There are many elements that were not needed to be removed, yet they were.

I wish they called it something else, like just Special Forces, like they did in the EU. Or better yet called it Third Person MAG. Or whatever. Just not SOCOM.

I have to agree. I had my fingers crossed that Zipper would actually have the party system included in this patch.

I have to agree. I had my fingers crossed that Zipper would actually have the party system included in this patch.

If you have been following what zipper has been saying you would know the party system is in 1.04, they've said that all along.

Let's just hope it's early July...

Cross our fingers with the spawn delay guys...

Yes! After playing the other day I've realized this is the thing that bugs me the most. I noticed that when I was delayed, even but just 3 seconds, I could never get into a good position for the rest of the round because I'd be too late to rush under the grenades. So I'll definitely play more when this is changed.