My Idea of: The Perfect Gaming Console...

I've had this idea in my head the first time the PS2 had launched. I guess I expected SONY & MICROSOFT to just 'come out' with this idea on their own. First, let me tell you how I came up with the idea and then I'll tell you what the idea is:

"Have you ever got tired of having one game in the console and then someone hails you to play with them on another? ~ You have to 'get up', 'remove the disc' and then 'put another' one in." Sucks right? I know. Back then I was really into 6 and 12 disc changers in my cars trunk and how you never had to do anything to switch to another disc. ~ Well, WHY HAS NO ONE THOUGHT about having a 3-disc changer for our gaming consoles? It would be soo cool if they did that and if I had the resources I definitely would be pushing for it. ;-)

My Idea of: The "Perfect" Gaming Console...

How about having a hard drive large enough so that you never have to own another disc again.. While we're at it let's digitally distribute all our games so that you never have to leave the house to buy a game again and devs can have more flexibility with pricing. Oh wait PC already has that never mind. lol

I think that in the near future we will have game consoles that have 2-6 TB on them. And have all games available for download, as well as disc sales for store front sales. hey the PS4 may have these features or it may have a 6 disk changer, we will have to wait and see.

Yea but we all know that the PERFECT GAMING CONSOLE...would be the one that can play XBL as well as PS3 games! This should've been done a long long time ago, Like having free healthcare in Canada and Europe, there should be no 'console-wars' between developers on this matter...

True. But the competition would be left up to the Developers, don't you think PEEBRAIN? I mean, do we have to have competition on every level of the process? It is things like that which make the whole 'gaming' process complex. The simplicity is that we are all gamers, but we don't need one console to control what games are available for it while the 'gamers' just want to play, right? For example: Socom could compete with Black Ops...but on the developers level not ours. That's just how I look at things because it's too hard to have my friends separate by a gaming console when all we want to do is Play the games ;-)

True. But the competition would be left up to the Developers, don't you think PEEBRAIN? I mean, do we have to have competition on every level of the process? It is things like that which make the whole 'gaming' process complex. The simplicity is that we are all gamers, but we don't need one console to control what games are available for it while the 'gamers' just want to play, right? For example: Socom could compete with Black Ops...but on the developers level not ours. That's just how I look at things because it's too hard to have my friends separate by a gaming console when all we want to do is Play the games ;-)

Yes! If there wasn't competition at EVERY level then that would be that part of the whole process that would be hold back the whole industry. Without companies competing to make better, faster, prettier consoles we'd all still be playing Nintendo. Competition drives new inventions. You think we would have iPods, iPads, touch screen monitors, 3D TVs etc. if there was no competition?

Edited by Peebrain

I understand that, but I still think that many level's of competition destroy's the simplicity. You have to admit that I have a good point about how all of us want to game together, but because of one friends interest in XBL and another in PSN we cannot play together. Having the same console would alleviate that issue.

• Directors

Peebrain that is actually not quite true... though there is not console cross gaming yet, there are several titles that were showcased at E3 that are cross PC / Console

I heard about Portal 2 doing that, but I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. I want PS3 to X-box. PC to console I feel the PC gamers will have the advantage just because of the mouse keyboard controls.

On an off note, Shane wtf is world of ants?

Edited by Peebrain

• Directors
I heard about Portal 2 doing that, but I wasn't sure if I heard correctly. I want PS3 to X-box. PC to console I feel the PC gamers will have the advantage just because of the mouse keyboard controls.

On an off note, Shane wtf is world of ants?

Give it time, it is coming... and Ants is one of those addicting browser games that came up in an Ad on the site... kinda got hooked and now have the most powerful empire... my personal stats have slipped I was #1 for the longest, but my empire is strong with the ant.

I do believe that Sony approached Microshaft when the PS3 and XBOX 360 were just coming out with a proposal to have cross console online play. if memory serves MS turned down Sony's offer with a counter that any PS3 user that wanted to Play Xbox players online would have to sign up and PAY to have an XBOX live account, in order to play on the Microsoft servers, but Xbox players would get to play on the Sony servers for FREE because we don't pay for online services. they never came to an agreement and it died.