Just passing on some new info to the UF community and friends of RVN

So you don't have to read the biggie, the short and simple is that

- 6ravity, Sniper, and I have stepped down as leaders of Ravenfall.

- We have appointed Attitude, 46and2, and Paramedic as RVN's new leaders, effective immediately.

- 6ravity, Sniper, and I will remain in RVN as gunners.

That's the short and simple.

The long below is what we've posted to the clan on our forum:

Thanks for being patient while I put some things in order prior to this announcement, everyone.

My clan, through its various iterations (well, just two of them, really), has been running continuously coming up on 9 years now. *NINE. *Blows my fucking mind, really. Most of you, if not all of you, myself included, have never been at a job for 9 years, much less in the same gaming family continuously.

I have never called another clan home.

I have never called another set of brothers "brothers."

A Perfect Circle...Ravenfall...all of you...have been my only online gaming family all of these years. It was heartbreaking to see my co-leaders Merlin and Diezel retire. It was tough to see Viper go. Now...now I just see the state of the clan being directed by 6ravity, Sniper, and myself, and time has finally told me that to continue to do so would be a complete unfairness to those in this clan.

Time takes its toll on all. Sniper is busy with work and family. 6ravity actually moved to Alaska some time ago to be with a woman he actually met IN the clan while getting busy with his job, and my life has taken it's fair share of rises and dips. Divorce, depression, rebounding, selling UF, meeting a wonderful light in my life, having a demanding job, and taking on new challenges in my life like training for a god-forbidden fucking marathon just to prove inner strength to myself. All through it, this clan has always held this place in my heart. You all have. There is genuine love that Sniper, 6ravity and I have for RVN...and that very love is the reason why the three of us, collectively, have chosen to step down as leaders of Ravenfall. I am giving Ravenfall, from hand to hand, to those we believe will take this clan, raise it, and help it continue down the path that we've paved.

As of this post, I will no longer be leader of RVN and will no longer retain any ownership of it.

Sniper, 6ravity and I will still remain in RVN. Like I said...we have too much love for it, and we will continue to support it as gunners, and we hope to do it with as much enthusiasm and love as each and every one of you have all of these years. We will not be officers...we won't be UCs...but we will always be RAVENS.

That being said, a clan cannot be a clan without its leaders.

Through deliberation, we have decided on who will usher in the (hopeful) next 9 years of this clan. Each and every Raven was analyzed for their strengths and weaknesses. We knew there were no individuals who would be the ultimate leader in every right on their own. I am not that, which is why there were always co-leaders. *We have determined three individuals who we know balance one another out and who will always...always make the right decisions for Ravenfall.

RVN's new leaders going forward into the years will be Attitude, 46and2, and Paramedic.

Attitude was the first one that we were able to agree on. His everlasting enthusiasm about this clan...the near non-existence of negativity in this man in regard to RVN and Socom...is a battery here in this clan on so many levels. Out of the three, he's spent the least amount of time here in this clan. However...he is Raven through and through. He's never been in any other clan, much less any other gaming group. We've had the opportunity to mold him into what we needed anyone in this clan to be without the marring of other clans in his blood. He is, in almost every sense, Ravenfall's very own Captain America. Through every gaming fiber of his being, he's our super-soldier. Attitude will be the roster clan leader online for this game and for all games going forward.

46 needs no explanation. He's the fist of Ravenfall. He knows what we were...what we should always be...and what we need to be now. He's a good man, a heart of gold, and he always wants RVN to be the one standing above the huge piles of clans below us. He's the strength we need this new leadership to have. He's the muscle beneath the skin. He'll always be my friend through the veil of gaming.

Paramedic is the guiding light of this leadership. I know that no matter what Attitude may think...what 46 may believe...Paramedic will be the rationale. Medic will be the one carrying the torch through the dark and making sure the clan doesn't take a misstep. He will be the perfect 6ravity in the vacuum left by 6ravity.

I have every confidence that this clan is in capable, caring hands.

All leadership needs good support. In the case of RVN, it's the UCs.

Hellraiser and Kadillak will continue to be Unit Commanders, but there are two units that will need leadership. Hell and Kaddy will be joined by Irish Bull and Sgt.JoeFriday. Thank you for stepping up, gentlemen. You know what this clan will demand of you, so do us proud.

In closing -

I want to thank each and every one of you for being a part of something that just popped out of my head. I had an idea, and you made it real. You believed in it, you breathed it in, and you exhaled what others understand as Ravenfall. Thank you for my best and only years of online gaming. Thank you for allowing me to be your leader in the clan, your QB in wars, your partner in endless late nights-to-early-mornings, and your friend. Thank you for believing and supporting this thing called Ravenfall. Thank you for everything you've put into it and everything you've enjoyed taking from it.

And 6rav...Snipe...thank you for everything we've been together as leaders and, more importantly, friends. I leaned on you so much. Players and clans typically equated APC and RVN with "Tow," unfairly thinking I was the only one running the show. They did you and I a disservice when they did so. You both are truly unbelievable, and I love you guys. Thank you for doing this crazy thing with me and calling me a friend.

I now say goodbye to Ravenfall leadership...and say hello to Ravenfall.

I promise to uphold everything as a gunner of RVN that I've always expected from each and every one of you.

Can't tell you how hard it was to do this. Can't tell you how much I'm stalling myself from hitting the POST button.

Can't tell you all how excited I am about doing it as well.

Can't wait to see you all online in my new skin.

Thanks for all these years, everyone.

I was able to hand over UF with a smile. I was happy to do it.

I'm handing this over with a tear in my eye. And I am happy to do it.

- TOW

Edited by TOW-19

Thank you all for the well wishes, this has been an unexpected ............Humbling.....and exciting experience.

Unlike many clans who fall apart under pressure and stress. Undertow, Grav, and Sniper lead us through our rough times the last few years that would have spelled "Endgame" for most clans . I've known these three since I was a refugee of Red Cell many years ago. They welcomed me into the APC/Ravenfall family when I had no home. Word's can't express my gratitude. They gave me a home. Simple words seem appropriate but doesn't quite sum up their success's which in turn were RVN's success's as a family. Because thats what Ravenfall is. From all around the nation and globe we're a family. The countless hours and sleepless nights everyone has put into Ravenfall and the limitless hours of fun we've had under their leadership will without a doubt continue.

I look forward to working with 46 and Attitude to continuing building on Ravenfalls foundation of successes which have been 9 years in the making. To any gunners or former APC/RVN members taking refuge without a home, we are here, we are waiting: http://www.ravenfall.net/forum

I just want to end by saying Thank You to Tow , Grav , and Sniper for making APC and Ravenfall into an experience that I personally will hold dear to me the rest of my life and wish you luck with your earned extra free time!

Edited by Paramedic