socom4 1.04 patch tomorrow!!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cuz 8v8 is classic

So the cover system is classic?

So the flashing objectives letting my enemies know I'm at a control point is classic?

So a knife button is classic?

So L3 to run is classic?

So being forced to use L1 to aim at someone more than five feet away like its a FPS is classic?

So Suppression being the only returning gamemode is classic? (Always was the worse gamemode and they didnt even use the "classic" suppression rules they used the S3/Ca/Con rules where in clan wars you are encouraged to get one kill and camp.)

-Classic Socom to me is well designed maps centered around one gamemode. Adding multiple gamemodes per maps gives you mirror symmetrical maps like Port Authority/Bale Out/A & B/Outpost/Collision/Rush Hour/Cesspool/Sacrifice and I'll cut Von Heine some slack. We will never seen great maps anymore like Sandstorm because developers feel everything has to be even. Of course some maps can be even but not symmetrical even. The greatest feeling on any Socom ever to me was winning a breach map as a Seal. It felt like a real accomplishment on S2. To me its all about the gamemodes and the maps. S2 had the worse hit detection of any Socom, but nobody cared because every map and gamemode was fun.

I could rant all day but bottom line is I like S4 its not too bad as a game, but I would prefer they call classic mode something else because being round based is literally the only thing classic. That and you shoot people. The game was clearly built will respawn primarily in mind. How else could the spawning late issue have made it past the beta? Also the double round win on bomb squad? Its almost like Zipper doesnt even play classic mode at all since they never seem aware of the issues it has had. It just reminds me of Anchorage Control Points on Combined Assault. If you ever played that map/mode you would know there is no way Zipper ever playtested that map with that gamemode.

Do they think they can compete with CoD? Noone is ever going to compete with that, so why even try. What they are doing is alienating the SOCOM base and they didn't make a game good enough to bring in CoD fans. Zipper wouldn't even exist if it wasn't for the brilliance of SOCOM I-CA, and yet they release MAG and they think they can compete with Black Ops which sold 5.6 million copies the FIRST day.

Can't they just be content with being middle of the road (# of copies sold) by making a fantastic game that might not appeal to EVERYONE.

That is the downfall of videogames nowadays. They all think they can be CoD and appeal to everyone. Its just not going to happen, CoD got it right the first time but even they, I think, are pushing the "Appeal to everyone" a little to far. Which is why you see Battlefield 3 making a bigger splash then MW3.

Its all about the money. What happened to the ART of videogames?

That is my rant for the day.

Edited by bloodbath09

CoD has such an advantage, since they basically take the same game, tweak it slightly, add new features and re-release. They don't need to spend time on new game engines, etc. They just make maps, maybe some new modes, new killstreaks, features like game recording, and presto, the next CoD is born and released.

CoD has such an advantage, since they basically take the same game, tweak it slightly, add new features and re-release. They don't need to spend time on new game engines, etc. They just make maps, maybe some new modes, new killstreaks, features like game recording, and presto, the next CoD is born and released.

And make loads of money

Well why fix something that's not broken. CoD knows they make good games so they only have to tweak it. That's basically what we were asking Zipper of S2. Just bring the game up to date to todays times and I bet 99% of us would be happy if they didn't even change the maps and just made them look pretty. Save lots of money that way. I guess Zipper just has a different philosophy from Infinity Ward and Treyarch.

Even amidst all of the rather uninspiring technical issues of this game, for some reason I still can't get enough of the clan challenges to satisfy myself. Every time I think, "this game sucks," I am reminded that there are not many other interesting games with the clan support that this game possesses. It is my opinion that in the case of Socom 4 we have a prime example of what happens when developers put too much work into the gameplay of the development process and not enough into the core of the game. Many other big titles have but tremendous amounts of effort into making sure the game works and is playable but not enough into gameplay, balancing, and tweaking. Other big companies motto is to create a working game, then iron out the kinks later. While I have always craved for a game that would put gameplay aspects first, like Zipper has, I am beginning to appreciate what other game developers do with their games. Not being able to play with your friends is disappointing. Getting killed as you spawn in classic was just unacceptable. Having severs mass boot everyone is nearly game breaking. What is truly troublesome is the fact that gamers should expect these problems to occur when a game is developed by a new studio not a seasoned veteran. Honestly this game reminds me of Medal of Honor. So much time and effort was put into making a single-player experience that was a clear upgrade from past releases and yet the multiplayer side was put in almost as an afterthought. MOH did not have any support what so ever for private rooms or clan challenges. The party system was just a shell of what Zipper has finally given its fans; you couldn't even talk to each other in your party nor would it keep your party on the same side. Even though I could not get enough of the gameplay from MOH--the maps were perfect, DICE even developed maps for each game mode--but without any sort of clan support that game died quickly for me. To date I have put more time in on Socom 4 than MOH, even though I consider MOH game play to be superior and much more in depth than Socom 4. I just can't get enough of the clan challenges...

Edited by Pillorian

Guys, I have the game but soo much has been messed up from the 'socom experience' that I just cannot bear to get on it. The patch is nice, but 'why are they just now adding the party system'? It makes no sense that this should be added now when it was part of the experience in the first place. I know that Zipper is trying to fix things, but isn't that what developers do BEFORE they launch a game? This is all just ass-backwards IMO and the fact that they want to listen to notable people NOW just makes my skin crawl.

Guys, I have the game but soo much has been messed up from the 'socom experience' that I just cannot bear to get on it. The patch is nice, but 'why are they just now adding the party system'? It makes no sense that this should be added now when it was part of the experience in the first place. I know that Zipper is trying to fix things, but isn't that what developers do BEFORE they launch a game? This is all just ass-backwards IMO and the fact that they want to listen to notable people NOW just makes my skin crawl.

I totally agree. It seems nowadays all the Devs want to do is get the game out there and patch the problems later on. I can't wait for the day that a developer launches a game without a launch day patch.

Naughty Dog, DICE, can you here me? (Fingers crossed)

We all know it won't be Infinity Ward!!

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Zipper or Slant 6. It doesn't matter who the developer is Sony is allowing their flagship game to be put out unfinished because they take their loyal customers for granted. This didn't start with Socom 4.

I have to say "Thank You!!!!" to the UF community. The constructive detailed reviews that I was able to read on here helped me make informed decisions and save myself money and frustration.

I guess I should thank Sony too. They helped me break my Socrack addiction. Socom 4 is like detox for some of us.

Edited by BIGDANIEL

Try to NOT to go on the Socom forums for a week and see then how you feel. I remember the other Socoms also had a lot of hate on the forums. I mean hate after hate. I would go on the forums because sometimes it was fun to go on there just to see all the fighting. (on the PS2)

It's also where I learned that it's way more fun for people to be negative and hateful on the forums then it is to be nice. Also across the US the outside temp is over 100 degrees in most states so that's not helping. Then add something to complain about on the forums.

They were complaining about the party system not even 5 minutes after it downloaded (Fuck That!).

Avoid the forums and think for yourself and the game is awesome. Just a few problems after the patch but they'll fix them.

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel

I don't know about you guys but I try an avoid the SOCOM forums. Too many post all about the same thing. Yes there is alot of hate. The only thing I ever wanted from this game is a party system so I can play with people I know. Then it came out and the servers went to shit and the party system is flawed.

Its frusterating to believe in a game when I get no satisfaction from playing it.

Or when I am having fun ( like in the UFE war Wednesday night) the game just shits on your face and kicks you out for 10 min. Then does it again and again.