The New Clan Killas® Mobile (Activating August):

We're going to be coming out with this mobile app next month, and I wanted to show it to the UF Community as a way of looking at our future gaming on a higher level. We aren't around our computers much anymore and some of us just don't like using them. Knowing when something important to your clan doesn't get to you unless you're subscribed to an article or you just happen to check your forum only to be too late to participate in an event or discussion.

With our new app, 'This all changes Everything' in the sense that Leadership will be able to send Push Notifications to either a certain demographic of the people who have the App (like sending something just to clan members), or to everyone for something pertaining to all gamers who have D/L'd the app. This New Mobile app is NOT JUST FOR THE CLAN KILLAS. It's for any and every gamer who wants to stay updated on gaming interests and news (we will be providing RSS Feeds to keep everyone informed). I encourage all with iPhones and Apple-based equipement to D/L this and even give feedback! I can certainly see [uF] eventually having one of their own APPS soon, and that would be great! But I ALSO expect to see 'clans' getting apps for keeping themselves organized on another level.

Why go 'Mobile'? Because it is the one thing which we have in our possession at mostly all times. We can 'see' schedules of upcoming Clan Meetings, Practices, and other types of events that just about anyone can have shown on the app. For example, say that you host a kennel dog show and want your friends on FB & Twitter to know about it. Well, if you have the app, are registered in our forum and are pretty active as a Forum User...then you would fill out a request to post an event' in our forum and upon approval we would most likely honor that event to show on the mobile app! What's also neet about this mobile app, is that you could not only have your event scheduled, but there is the ability to 'comment', 'sign up to be at the event', 'location on GPS of the event's location', 'buy tickets' to the event and would even be able to post up pics of your attendence right in the same area of where the event is scheduled! This is just a small example of the posibilities of having a mobile app for your gaming community! It is a little 'pricey', but within the same catagories of price for what some of us have paid for clan websites. You mght even find a developer who would charge a monthly continuous fee...but it's all in what you feel is important for your clan.

Here are some Preview images of the New Clan Killas® Mobile App (August 1st) for iPhones, iPad and iPods. The New Clan Killas Mobile® App ~ Will be available for Androids this coming Fall...

itunesconnectimage.gif

itunesconnectimage.png

In addition to coming out with our Clan Killas Mobile, we have also painstakingly made our forum 'mobile-viewable'. No matter what type of smartphone you have, you will be able to NAVIGATE our forum in the most simplistical way, and UNLIKE TAPATALK, You can see threads which have images and you can even make posts which include images! It automatically detects your smartphone, and converts your viewing of our site from your phones browser...into a mobile-viewing format. You do nothing at all because the software does everything for you. Simply just go to http://WWW.CLANKILLAS.COM from your smartphone and see for yourselves. On the computer, it shows the FULL FORUM VIEW. But on the smartphone...it automatically shows our forum in a viewable, functionable format that's easy to use from a smartphone. The 'Future' of the ways we communicate online is here. Let's start converting so that we can be even 'more' organized and have more fun at playing online while keeping connected! ;-)

Love this idea. I usually work 12 hrs a day so i always use my phone. Just one question, sorry if you answered in your post, but do you register you site up for it like tapatalk.

Something random on my tatatalk

If I understand your question correctly, No this app is from the ground up made for the Clan Killas. I have a mobile developing company to power it, and I did all the conversions of their existing nav modules to make them suit our info. Like I said it's pricey but I had a break because there aren't any clans with apps and they believed in my vision to work with me. Hopefully this will allow them to come down on their prices, as I've shown them that mobile apps are not just for the Celebrities and can work for all kinds of applications ;-)

There are not many things that make me say "WOW", this was one of those times!

Thanks guys, much appreciated at the interest. I truly think this is the 'next step' for clans. And JOHNSON: Yes, we'll come out with the Android version this Fall. I'll keep you posted...

Edited by CritiKiL
I left something out...

UPDATE: The New Clan Killas Mobile is NOW available for FREE D/L in the iTunes store. I 'promise you'...the Android version will be here in a couple of months. Use your smartphone's QR Scanner (get the NEOREADER App) to go directly to the D/L:

QRcode_iphone.png

For those who would rather just use a LINK, just click on the QR Code image. I'm still locked out of my CMS because of the premature launching, but we will start updating things (adding clan members and etc.) as soon as possible.

"This...Changes Everything"

NOTE: These links / image(s) work, but there may be some time required for the iTunes store to fully store the App in it's system. If this isn't yet working for you, please give it some time for probagation into the iTunes store (between now and 24 hours or so). Thanks.

Edited by CritiKiL

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE: I've been working closely with a few of the Developers at MobileRoadie.com. They are close to being able to possibly designing an App for clans in the future. They did NOT DESIGN our app but I am using their mobile network to run my app on because it is the most reliable network I've seen. Some of you may want to get in touch with 'Karl' or 'Aric'. I have used some of their modules and modified them to work in our favor. They also allow developers like me to take advantage of our forums' API and I was able to integrate our forum in with the app. Again, I'm pro-bono with MoRo, but since we are the first to make use of mobile apps for a clan, they are going to start bringing their prices down. This is new technology BUT IT'S GROWING, and as more people find ways to use them for a purpose the more they will eventually become affordable.

And: There may be other mobile networks out there who will BUILD an app for you at a better rate. But this is the time to start looking into things though. You can view many of the apps that they DO design for people, as well as some they only host peoples apps on:

http://mobileroadie.com/apps/index

Ours is NOW in their Gallery as the asked if they could show it there shortly after I launched my app:

http://mobileroadie.com/apps/sck-mobile

In closing, I will be launching the ANDROID-version in a month or two. It's not just for the Clan Killas, and you are all welcome to be 'Users' on the App! ;-)

Edited by CritiKiL
Left something out:

I will check it out when it is an android app. I am actually surprised you didn't go for the droids first, mailny because droids are more widely caried then the iphone.

I am sure you have your reasons critikal, which isn't important. It looks very interesting, and hope it provides a new era of clan communication.

• 2 months later...

Thank you, darth_cedaus. A few more things I'm working on but for the most part...it's here finally for both platforms. I'm very thankful that everyone likes it. Also plan on changing the themes / skins every few months, so we don't keep seeing the same ole' images all the time ;-)

• 1 month later...

Today an Update has been approved for some modifications I have helped get designed for our Mobile App. iTunes always is the hardest to critique all apps that come to their store for sale so it sets the groundwork for what is deemed an appropriate app. Now, the UPDATE just unlockes some new features which will make the experience more streamlined. If you are not automatically prompted to D/L this approved UPDATE then please Un-Instal then Re-Install the app yourself. Don't worry, you will not lose any info from doing this process, as all info is maintained in your profile from when you first installed the mobile app.