Phone Suggestions (Sprint only)

Hello All,

I'm on the sprint network, and I'm up for an upgrade in August. I've settled on a 4G android phone, but which one?

Here are the phones I am considering. Anyone have one or can comment?

HTC Evo shift 4g (android 2.3)

Samsung Epic 4G (andriod 2.2)

Nexus S 4G from Google (android 2.3)

I'm really stuck on which one to pick...

I need to talk to you about my Epic... Also, I've been selling Sprint phones this summer.. so I know quite a bit about them now.

You have 3 phones there that are all unique. What they do have in common obviously is Android. Epics will be getting 2.3 any day now, so really software wise they really are not much different. The Shift and Epic are slider phones while the Nexus is just a touchscreen. What you have to ask yourself about that is will you feel comfortable just using a virtual keyboard or do you need a real one? I previously had a Blackberry and wasn't sure if I was going to like virtual or not.

The Shift is a little brother of the Evo as it has a 800MHz CPU while the Epic and Nexus have a 1GHz (+200MHz). The Epic and Nexus are going to be able to power through multitasking better than the Shift. They all have 512MB RAM. The Epic comes preloaded with a 16GB Class 2 microSD card, the Shift comes with a 2GB and Nexus does not have an expansion slot for additional memory (however it does have 16GB of ROM built in). The Epic and Shift both can capture 720p video while the Nexus only has DVD quality resolution on its recordings. If size of the phone is important, the Shift is by far the smallest and the Nexus is the thinnest. The Epic fits somewhere in between.

Other than that, which phone you want is really up to what you are looking for personally. They are all quite powerful phones, so what it really comes down to is what fits you better. Do you need a physical keyboard? Is overall size of the phone a concern? Data storage? Cost? Nexus is the most expensive of the bunch right now. Where I work, we are selling the Epic for $44, Shift for $25, if we had the Nexus it would likely be about $130.

What sold me on the Epic was the quality of the Super AMOLED screen (Nexus also has). The colors and contrast is gives when comparing it to the HTC screens is astounding. When I was at the Sprint store looking at their demos, the comparison wasn't even close. One cool note is that the AMOLED screen does not require any additional power to display blacks which saves battery (not sure how much, but it does). Also as I said I had a dataless Blackberry on TMobile and I felt that I would need the keyboard, so the physical keyboard was a plus for me personally, might be a minus for others.

HTC makes great products and I have been quite pleased with my Epic. Hope that helps!

• Directors

I use the EVO. Not the shift though. It's my second one and I love it. Apps for evrything in the world. And a nice os. I'd say HTC.

Like you care what I use for TapaTalk

I have the EVO and I love it.

However if you have the money I would look at the EVO 3D. Looks badass.

I had an upgrade for 9 months before I finally got a phone. That whole time, every time I talked to a sprint guy he said if you have the money its EVO or nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I am currently between the HTC Evo 3d and the soon to be released motorola photon 4g. Both are dual core phones so i think if I am going to upgrade I may as well get the most current hardware.

Any thoughts on one of these over the other? I don't care about 3d.

he asked for sprint only--+++++++++=

+ when you compare the iphone to an android-- the android is by far a better phone than the iphone. Even the specs from Apple on the i phone5 dont even come close to the android 3d..

Bah. It depends on what you want a phone for. I don't use 1/2 of the features of a droid, so I got rid of mine for an Iphone. I can defininately see why tech guys love the droids though. I love my Iphone, it's better for me than any other phone I've owned. Plus it actually takes a picture when you push the button!! That in itself is a strong point for me. When taking pictures of a toddler, you don't have the time to wait for BlackBerry or Android photo lag. :happy: