Online Clan Member Murders Rival

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Guest H.A.V.0.C

The Russian Newspaper “Russia today†reports that a member of a Russian gaming clan from the tastefully titled “Coo-clocks clan†murdered a rival member of the “Platanium†clan in the city of Ufa after virtual violence and arguments online spilled over into the real world.

The two groups had an online “fight†as it were in an unknown game (possibly Lineage II) at the end of December and this apparently lead to the groups arranging to meet up and have it out in real life. A 33 year old man only known as “Albert†from the “Platanium†clan was badly beaten and died of his injurys in the ambulance. The alleged assailant, a 22 year old man from the “Coo-clocks clan†apparently has shown no remorse, and refused to justify his actions. His fellow clan members in the Coo-clocks clan “continue to harass the family of the murdered man, threatening to kill his sister, who hasn’t turned on the computer for daysâ€.

She later said; “I think they have confused the game and reality. And after we buried him [Albert] on 31 December, they continued to threaten us.â€

The Platanium clan was mostly made up of experienced gamers over 30 while the Coo-clocks clan are mainly students in their twenties.

Hmmm...

I had a recent spat with this type of behavior as well from within the realm of UF.

I had to file a police report and everything "just in case."

This is always a situation that can take an ugly turn and, as always, personal info should ALWAYS be guarded in an online regard.

hmmm,, let me get this right? they arranged a meeting with the purpose of a fight, and the guy that died showed up to this meeting ready and willing to duke it out with each other.. ????

This isn't murder. aggravated assault maybe? but if you make plans to fight someone and show up to do just that... and instead of kicking their ass you get the schit beat out of you and die... OH well Too fucking bad.

The alleged of harassment calls are from the family of the deceased is unproven hearsay... hard to believe they aren't a bit bitter about it all and making accusations of all sorts.

I'm sorry but I don't feel for the guy that died... age aside.. all parties involved are complete idiots... and get what they deserve.

I hate to say this but I agree with Goat. I don't feel sorry for this guy and I think it is funny. You always hear some jack ass on the mic running his mouth about kicking your ass. Just think about it... They picked a place to meet and then they most likely got all dressed up in their clan colors and then threw down. Sorry but thats funny.

man now i know why my wife get so pissed when i tell people where i'm from i guess there are idiots even online you cant trust people suprise suprise to fight over a video game is so stupid but if buddy showed up to fight and got stomped then shame on him but i guess it just goes to show you dont know who is on the other end of the mic when you are playing

Guest [APC]Swifthawk

It's Russia, they're nearly a third world country.

They have no laws like we do.. this guy will probably rot in jail with no words of time served or parole or any of that jargan.. they'll just let him rot.

Frankly, while this is sick... it's kind of humerous because I'd expect to see it happen here in the US first.

Well you guys do have a point. Coming from the bad neighborhood I was raised in, I've seen people die over the dumbest things, up too football arguments and bad looks. As shameful as this was, it actually seems like a more sensible way to settle a dispute. They both met up, lined up like Michael Jackson's beat it video, and the dude got beat to death. No car jacking, or sneak attack shanking or drive-by....

just tryin to look at bright side....

Goat ]

hmmm,, let me get this right? they arranged a meeting with the purpose of a fight, and the guy that died showed up to this meeting ready and willing to duke it out with each other.. ????

This isn't murder.  aggravated assault maybe? but if you make plans to fight someone and show up to do just that... and instead of kicking their ass you get the schit beat out of you and die...  OH well Too fucking bad.

The alleged of harassment calls are from the family of the deceased  is unproven hearsay... hard to believe they aren't a bit bitter about it all and making accusations of all sorts.

I'm sorry but I don't feel for the guy that died... age aside.. all parties involved are complete idiots... and get what they deserve.

Yeah thats murder.

No sympathy here either. Conduct yourself with Honor and Integrity and keep your personal info to yourself. Thats how you play the game. I've been playing for 4 years next month and not one person knows any of my personal info.

ARCHANGEL ]

Frankly, while this is sick... it's kind of humerous because I'd expect to see it happen here in the US first.

It already has many times, it just doesn't make big time news. I'm sure you remember the guy who was charged with arson and a few other charges for driving from the East Coast to Texas and burning a guy's house down who he got in a fight with online.

Snake Doctor ]
Goat ]

This isn't murder. aggravated assault maybe? but if you make plans to fight someone and show up to do just that... and instead of kicking their ass you get the schit beat out of you and die... OH well Too fucking bad.

The alleged of harassment calls are from the family of the deceased is unproven hearsay... hard to believe they aren't a bit bitter about it all and making accusations of all sorts.

Yeah thats murder.

No sympathy here either. Conduct yourself with Honor and Integrity and keep your personal info to yourself. Thats how you play the game. I've been playing for 4 years next month and not one person knows any of my personal info.

This is a quote of a quote within a quote.. Red Oct will be soooo excited!! LMAO

No it’s not a murder.. at least here in the US, who the hell knows what it is in Russia?.. also I missed stated.. it’s not Aggravated Assault either, although if both lived they could have both been charged with that.

No this is Manslaughter. By Definition, Murder has to include intent.. i.e. it would have to be proved the other guy intended to kill the victim, planned it out and carried out the plan to end his life Since he died in the ambulance and not on the pavement it appears to me either the assailant didn’t intend to kill the victim or else did a lousy job of it.

For it to be a murder it would require the act was intentional, purposeful, malicious and premeditated.

No it’s Manslaughter and depending on who threw the first punch may even be justifiable homicide.

Of course this under the presumption they arranged a meet to fight one another and also that a weapon wasn’t used, since the Under element rule would than apply. i.e. the intent to kill applies when a deadly weapon is used.

But I’m no Murder expert and I’m on my third drink of Crown, hard day at work.. we don’t know the fact and it’s in Russia so who cares? This information was provided by my wife who reads a ton of Murder mystery, Detective, Crime type books. I made the mistake of showing her the post and she got excited about this is close to some book she read a while back.. Goat figgur.. anyway she printed out Wiki’s definition for me and was hell bent on telling me why it’s not a murder.. etc. etc.. etc… To which I replied.. “ Can you run and get another bottle of Crown for me dear†She told me she would pick one up on the way back. She’s so sweet.. I’m a lucky man! I’s tell ya! Lucky man!

p.s. Prime's a lier! he used to agree with everything I said and practically kiss my .... when he was in PBK! HA!!

J/k lol I'm a bit tipsy... mad/luv from Da goat.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

SHIT!          SHIT!          SHIT!       I met [APC] Col.Grinder for a beer or 12 and played SOCOM for awhile. NOW I'm worried. Should I call the cops, OH I know, I'm going to build a Peanut Butter Fort and hide.

I'm making chocolate bullets to send to Col. Grinder right now!!

you in some deep shit mofo!

Just wait till he gets his chocolate in your peanut butter..

wait..... err.. that didn't come out right.. in fact that sounds sort of like some gay prison stuff.. '??? :o

never mind. :-X

Goat ]

I'm making chocolate bullets to send to Col. Grinder right now!!

you in some deep shit mofo!

Just wait till he gets his chocolate in your peanut butter..

wait..... err.. that didn't come out right.. in fact that sounds sort of like some gay prison stuff.. '???  :o

never mind.  :-X

r u talking from experience ;D

This very well could be murder, if they find any on line logs that state his intentions of harm. If by chance they do have him saying, I'm going to kill you ect....it can be concluded as pre-meditated, even though he was beaten and no weapon was used(that we know of).

Though the other individual showed \up to the fight, the degree of the crime is never based on the fact the guy should not have showed up, they simply look at the facts of the case determine if a crime has been committed and they go from there......but like someone said, its Russia, and they don't fuck around.......

To save space I wont quote the quote of a quote within a quote. :)

As you said Goat, "Who the hell knows what it is in Russia?" But just as these charges may differ from country to country, it appears they may also differ from state to state. In Illinois the suspect would be charged with Second Degree Murder. Keep in mind this is all based on the information given in the first post regarding this incident.

Below is the reference I was using.

West's Illinois Criminal Law and Procedure defines 1st and 2nd Degree Murder as:

Section 9-1 First Degree Murder

(a) A person who kills an individual without lawful justification commits first degree murder if, in performing the acts which cause the death:

(1) he either intends to kill or do great bodily harm to that individual or another, or knows that such acts will cause the death to that individual or another; or

(2) he knows that such acts create a strong probability of death or great bodily harm to that individual or another;

Section 9-2 Second Degree Murder

(a) A person commits the offense of second degree murder when he commits the offense of first degree murder as defined in paragraphs (1) or (2) of subsection (a) of Section 9-1 of this code and either of the following mitigating factors are present:

(1) At the time of the killing he is acting under a sudden and intense passion resulting from serious provocation by the individual killed or another whom the offender endeavors to kill, but he negligently or accidentally causes the death of the individual killed; or

(2) At the time of the killing he believes the circumstances to be such that, if they existed, would justify or exonerate the killing under the principles stated in Article 7 of the Code (Article 7: Justifiable Use of Force) but his belief is unreasonable.

IMO, and I'm not a prosecutor, I believe it's easily provable that he intended to do, or knew that what he was going to do, would bring great bodily harm to the victim. That act resulted in the death of that victim. Therefore he's guilty of 1st Degree Murder.

On the other hand he could also say that he either he was provoked by the victim in which case its 2nd Degree Murder or that he was defending himself, and it wont be hard to prove that he took an active role in setting up the meeting for the purpose of fighting, in which case its 2nd Degree Murder because the defense of Self Defense wont be viable.

But like I said Goat, laws are written differently from state to state. Where you're from may not have it written that way.

Another example of this is that Aggravated Assault, in the state of Illinois, is a verbal confrontation with a weapon. Laying hands on and causing great bodily harm is Aggravated Battery. I know there are several states out there that have Assault and Battery laws. Illinois separates the two. Assault being verbal and Battery being physical contact.

Either way, I have no sympathy for the guy.