Rant and Rave about Socom 4

I'm frustrated....

I like the game a lot as far as game play. The shooting, the weapons, grenade throwing, all cool with me. I even like most of the maps. All are challenging in there own way. The modes most of them I like. But I suck at the bomb squad one.

Graphics- are really good. I bought BFBC2 a few weeks ago and thought something was wrong with my TV. Socom was all clear and colorful with lots of detail.

Respawn side- This is where it start to piss me off. It's not a good respawn game compared to the other real respawn games out there. COD, BFBC. The goal in the respawn is spawn camp. There's players or kids that's all they can do. So I only can handle so much then I'm out so I try Classic.

Classic- Is fun but the main problem with classic to me is having to play with randoms. Sometime I get into games with cool people. But most of the time it's people who had just come off of playing respawn so they try and play it like respawn. Every mode. Even the bomb squad one the guy in the suit he'll just Rambo it. Most do that.... Then other times I'll get into a game people are teamkilling or if you have a shitty round or your the last one. The Assholes start voting you. I remember that from the other Socoms. That's why I got into clans.

Now the clan stuff...

The clan war stuff work great... For at least getting all our guys to get together to play.

But when you only have a few on the stupid Party System.... I think what it does is when your in a Party and go looking for a game to play it wants to put you up against other parties. Not random people. Because when I play alone I have no problem finding games. Only in the party system.

The problems are frustrating and make me not want to play....

-------

Then whats going to happen in a few months. We have 2 maybe 3 games coming out that seem like there going to put the choke hold on the players.

The biggest problems I have above seem to be solved with at least 2 of the games. Except the respawn crap.

-----

Anyways I'm hot so I might be a little grouchy.

• 2 weeks later...
Try to get over your disgust if you can and create an issue/exploit thread on Socom.com so we can fix this shit.

cheers

There are plenty of those over there, and like Rebel said they don't listen. (Even though they say they do)

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I see the issue with Socom 4's respawn as a threefold problem. 1) Some maps are not built for respawn. If I am by myself, and Bale Out comes up, I leave. 2) Unimaginative spawn system. While the protected spawns are a good idea in that they prevent some of the stuff that happens on CoD where people horribly abuse the spawn system and people spawn right in front of them. However, what is the point when the spawn ramps basically do the same thing? It is like cattle lined up for slaughter. 3) Socom players do not know how to play respawn. For some reason, the majority of pub players think that all they need to do is go to the 10-yard line with their sniper rifle and have tunnel vision on an area. The majority of gun fights should occur at the 50. But when the entire team won't move out of their side of them map, spawn trapping at that point doesn't even become an art... They just give you the map.

Unfortunately, I don't think this issue can be resolved in this installment of the series.

I see the issue with Socom 4's respawn as a threefold problem. 1) Some maps are not built for respawn. If I am by myself, and Bale Out comes up, I leave. 2) Unimaginative spawn system. While the protected spawns are a good idea in that they prevent some of the stuff that happens on CoD where people horribly abuse the spawn system and people spawn right in front of them. However, what is the point when the spawn ramps basically do the same thing? It is like cattle lined up for slaughter. 3) Socom players do not know how to play respawn. For some reason, the majority of pub players think that all they need to do is go to the 10-yard line with their sniper rifle and have tunnel vision on an area. The majority of gun fights should occur at the 50. But when the entire team won't move out of their side of them map, spawn trapping at that point doesn't even become an art... They just give you the map.

Unfortunately, I don't think this issue can be resolved in this installment of the series.

I cant stand respawn.

Like I said before, if you could mod up your guns faster in Classic then I would never ever ever ever play respawn.

However I am forced to play respawn to keep up with other people who have modded up their guns.

I think everything should be unlocked in classic, period.

Respawn is great for warming up. I'm glad it's there.