last I heard this patch will come out sometime in September. Haven't seen anything posted up here on it yet, so here it is...

----------

1.05 Update

This patch is still a work in progress, so not everything that will hopefully make it in when it's done is included here (and I'm not going to call out each of the minute bug fixes), but we wanted to give everyone some idea of the bigger things to expect from 1.05:

• Party leader may now optionally allow other party members to invite other players into the party
  • Classic mode mic system changed to be open
  • Knife swipe exploit fixed (the knife no longer silences footsteps)
  • SMG accuracy reduced over distance - tuned for up-close battles rather than long-distance kills
  • Fixed Classic Bomb Squad double round win bug
  • Fixed grenade launcher bug where firing over cover or at long distances could kill you
  • Firing mechanic changes introduced in 1.04 have been rolled back (tapping to fire is now more accurate again)
  • Several level collision issues fixed
  • Games queues will be able to be adjusted much more easily and quickly (i.e. we'll be refreshing the queues right after launch)

There have also been lots of bug fixes to the party system, clan system, UI in general and between-round transitions (i.e. less crashes).

Also, a big item that's currently under investigation is the number of headshots in the game. We all know that there are too many, so the team is looking at how we might be able to counter that for the patch. It's not an issue with the size of the hitbox (that's been checked over and over), so it's not a simple fix, and any changes to the damage system in general could have adverse effects on other parts of the game if not handled carefully. So, as mentioned, that's a big TBD on if and how it would be changed, but it's certainly being looked at and will be dealt with if possible.

The ETA on the patch is currently mid- to late-September.

That's about all the info that we have for the moment. We'll do our best to answer any questions that we can, though what you see just about covers what we know over here.

--------------------

Chris Roper

Zipper Interactive

--------------------

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one thing that is overlooked by Zipper/Sony is that most Socom players may be looking to try other games now... I am concerned that this is just simply too late. There are some big titles coming out come September.

Your right but remember most always comeback. hopefully they do this too!

I think one thing that is overlooked by Zipper/Sony is that most Socom players may be looking to try other games now... I am concerned that this is just simply too late. There are some big titles coming out come September.

I totally agree.

Zipper made the same mistake with MAG. When that game first came out, it was a piece of crap IMO. When I played it again about a full year later, I loved it. It was a completely different game.

Now if they would have released it as it is today, I think it would have been a huge game. But it was too late. People simply moved on to other games. The only reason I even bought it was because Gamestop was selling it new for $15 for about a week.

I don't think it will hit the socom fan base too hard, people always come back. People are still playing S:C, and it took forever to get that game up to snuff. Other games are fun but they just aren't socom. Wait until after the patch drops and the next DLC is announced. I predict DEMO will make it's debut along with this, and will not only keep people playing but bring back those who want classic game modes.

I don't think it will hit the socom fan base too hard, people always come back. People are still playing S:C, and it took forever to get that game up to snuff. Other games are fun but they just aren't socom. Wait until after the patch drops and the next DLC is announced. I predict DEMO will make it's debut along with this, and will not only keep people playing but bring back those who want classic game modes.

Im with ya this is what I expect also

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

I agree and I am sure it will be the same as the other game modes.

who knows. there was talk about removing that flashing garbage after community pushback.. although as far as classic game modes go, this would have the least effect on demo if it did flash. you get audio notifications when the other team picks up the bomb, and also when they plant, so it would be really similar, just notified a few seconds early in both cases.

Edited by GeneralSarcasm