SOCOM 4 DLC Packs Announced, “Demolition� Free for New Players

The <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/socom-4/">SOCOM</a> franchise is a long and storied one, and today we're very happy to announce that we're revisiting its past and bringing back what is perhaps the series' most popular mode, "Demolition". Existing owners of <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/socom-4/">SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs</a> will be able to download the Demolition Pack for $9.99 with today's <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/playstation-store/">PlayStation Store</a> publish, which brings with it not only the Demolition competitive multiplayer game type but new maps, weapons and character skins as well.

As a special promotional bonus starting tomorrow, new purchasers of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs who buy the game at select retail partners will receive a free voucher for the Demolition Pack. When you buy the game new from Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop in the US or EB Games in Canada, be sure to ask for your free Demolition Pack code and then simply redeem the voucher on the PlayStation Network to download the pack at no additional charge.

More...

• Directors

As a special promotional bonus starting tomorrow, new purchasers of SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs who buy the game at select retail partners will receive a free voucher for the Demolition Pack. When you buy the game new from Amazon, Best Buy or GameStop in the US or EB Games in Canada, be sure to ask for your free Demolition Pack code and then simply redeem the voucher on the PlayStation Network to download the pack at no additional charge.

More...

Ok I will be the first to say that is BS

• Directors
With SOCOM 4 now available at many retailers for $39.99 and with codes for both the Demolition Pack and SOCOM Pro Pack included for free, there’s no better time to pick up the game.

More from the blog post... so with this being said... if you bought the game because you were a hardcore fan, you have to buy the DLC... but if you are not a fan and a cheapskate, you can go get the game for $20 cheaper and get the DLC free.

I say again... horseshit!!!

They know that we know they've screwed the die-hard Socom fans. They know that we know that they know we're going to jump ship, so they're trying to milk what's left of a totally fucked up franchise. You just don't do that to your fans. I know that you know that we know we should just drop them alltogether. They keep making mistakes and the more we keep looking for them to fix stuff it just winds up making us look more bad. I say that we all boycott that game forever.

Edited by CritiKiL

Socom isn't what it used to be but I really think this Demo was (finally) a step in the right direction. It is totally worth the $10 investment. Socom Pro was a stupid idea but I wouldn't give up on Zipper just yet.

I'm more patient than most maybe.