The Future of Gaming?

Battlefield 3 played in a virtual reality dome

Tom Senior at 01:03pm October 18 2011

“Screw the practicalities, let’s build a huge virtual reality dome and use it to play Battlefield 3!†That’s the admirable attitude shown by the folks at the Gadget Show in this video of the Ultimate Battlefield 3 Simulator, spotted on Reddit. An “omni-directional treadmill†monitors the players movements. A wireless gun is used to aim and paintball markers attached to the player’s body let him “feel the enemy gunfire.†It puts the graphics card I just bought to shame. Now all I want is a huge VR dome in my living room. Damn you, Gadget Show! The episode featuring the win-dome is set to air in the UK on Monday at 8pm on Channel 5.

Yea, it was about the most realistic simulator I've ever used. It had speakers completely around you and also in the floor. And it shot back little marble sized hard plastic pellets.

You learn real quick when you think your behind cover and your not when you get hit in the inner thigh with a plastic marble.

I've trained with a simulator just like this. Only thing it didn't have was a treadmill.

You guys get all the cool toys. Still love the realness of simunitions though.

You would think, considering who I work for. It's not like they don't have the money. lol

But it was at the U.S. Marshals office. They have one of the nicest training facilities that I have ever seen.

Edited by IRISH BULL