MW3 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - You report

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be good if nobody is reporting? I still am on the fence about getting it. I have it pre-ordered, but i am not sure i want to actually obtain it. I keep hearing its a glorified map pack .. menus are still exactly the same.. and now i am reading there is some issues w/ Elite and server overload? Please somebody confirm or deny these statements and add what you guys think about it so i can either buy or pass..

There were tons on lastnight. Over half a mil. There were party issues. We had 8 of us on and could not join a game. But with 2 guys u could. I sure that will be fixed soin.

Remote sentry gun is cool as hell. I like the game alot.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that they said they're going to be having DLC on a 'monthly' basis. No surprised by the revisiting of old maps though. I don't yet have it as UPS comes around 5pm -Central here. I heard that there were servers issues and that the Party system failed in the first 2 hours but was fixed. Lagg seems to be the prevailing cripple on it so far, but other than that I can't wait to receive it and give you my personal opinions...

It's Just a Glorified Map Pack, Just like i thought it would be... Same game Different number at the end.

I don't get this at all. It's all over the SOCOM forums and also on the RVN forums. The didn't need to fix something that wasn't broke. They didn't try to reinvent the wheel like Zipper did. Because that worked out so well for them.

The Modern Warfare series was and is awesome the way it is. So to call MW3 a glorified map pack doesn't make sense. They actually listened to their customers and keep giving them what they want. And it's not the same game totally, it looks better and sounds better. It feels the exact same way which is great. It should. Again, there wasn't anything wrong with the way it felt. And your right, the menu screen is pretty much the same. But so what? It wasn't broke so why would they change it?

I'm just saying calling MW3 a glorified map pack is completely disingenuous.

And here is the update about Elite:

ELITE Service Status

Latest update November 8th, 12:15am

We are proud to say that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 has launched and millions of people are already playing online.

Registration requests for our new live service Call of Duty Elite are exceeding even our most optimistic expectations, which is creating a bottleneck and some players have not been able to register.

We have already registered hundreds of thousands of players and we are working around the clock to increase our capacity as quickly as possible.

If you encounter this issue, please check back here or follow us at @CallofDutyElite on Twitter for live status updates.

Please be assured your gameplay data is safe and that whenever you successfully register for Call of Duty Elite, all of your data will be waiting for you. So enjoy the game, start ranking up and we assure you we are working around the clock to accommodate every player who wants to be a part of Call of Duty Elite as quickly as possible. We will update you frequently to keep you informed.

Thanks for your patience,

Chacko Sonny

Studio Head, Beachhead Studio

That Building Looks Familiar...

LOL

How many different ways are there to possibly make a warehouse? This guy took time to actually record and load a video of a recycled warehouse. So the floor plan is the same. I'm sure it's not the only one. I'm sure they used the same trees from past titles too.

As Irish said it wasn't broke so there was no need to reinvent it. They made a few tweaks to freshen it up and I like it. I like the Attack and Support kill streaks. I like XP screen showing both rank and gun XP points. I like the new weapon set ups, perk set ups, and over all feel of the game.

Bottom line: I paid $60 and got a complete game that I'll still be able to play 12 months after it's release.

Down side: Readjusting my eyes to first person shooter game after 6+ months off. Freaking headaches and motion sickness (I'm old). And the douche bags who can't stop complaining about how the guys who don't play the way they play are trash. A camper complains about the run and gunners and the run and gunner complains about the camper. LOL

Two, sore, thumbs up from me.

When you make a kill do you have to confirm the kill to get the credit? I've been watching people play online and am confused about that.

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=35.464959,-97.397304

It's a game mode that you can play and in it when you kill someone, you or your team has to pick up the dog tags to get the kill to count. The other team can get the dog tags also and that kill won't count for your team score.

Eurogamer sums it up simply: "Modern Warfare 3 is exactly the game you expect. It's conservative in every sense of the word, a paean to military superiority which never ventures far beyond gameplay parameters that were set in stone in 2007. ... With such a well-rehearsed recipe to follow, there's more room here for innovation than there is for improvement. There are plenty who would love to see Call of Duty dragged through the mud for its lack of new ideas, but the game itself is too confidently constructed, too generous with its pleasures, to deserve any lasting vitriol. This is a ferocious and satisfying game that knows exactly what players expect, and delivers on that promise with bullish confidence."

So far it is the best mw3 expansion ever. Nothing super new in terms of gameplay mechanics and user interface but there have been many layers of variation added to increase player roles and kit diversity.

MW3 did away with infinite grenade/explosives perks like one man army and Super Knife attacks that allowed players to Halo Sword ppl from great distances.

I haven't had any of the mic or party issues mentioned previously.

Still waiting for elite to kick in...

• Directors

Im pretty satisfied with the game so far. Perks are interesting as well as the game modes. Ill get over the jump lag pretty quick because for the most part you can still track the guy

I wish SOCOM 4 would have been a glorified map pack of socom CA lol

Exactly my point.

How excited would SOCOM vets be if Zipper came out and said, "We made SOCOM 1 & 2 for the PS3. And all we did was update the graphics and added some new maps. Nothing else changed."

Well, in my opinion, that's what Infinity Ward did. They kept what we loved, and updated the graphics, and added a little more extras. But essentially made the same game.

Edited by IRISH BULL

Has anyone been able to access Elite yet? And if so, have you tried to access the clan functions?

It has been hit or miss for me. But one thing that I'm confused about is the clan functions. There is a tab for "My Clan", but when you click on it it tells says you have to be part of a clan. Which is understandable, but I didn't see a tab for create a clan.

Also, has anyone been able to connect your ID or game with Facebook. I seen on the options page there is something to enable Facebook, but that's about it. How do access Facebook via MW3?

• Directors

Last night I was finally able to connect via the psn app. I set up an urgentfury group everyone can join. I don't think they have turned on the clans yet. I searched and could not find any.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Last night I was finally able to connect via the psn app. I set up an urgentfury group everyone can join. I don't think they have turned on the clans yet. I searched and could not find any.

Yea, people are asking about the clan system on the CoD forums. But it's hard to give any advice with Elite being down.

As for face book it shows which of your friends are online.

Where?

Edited by IRISH BULL

I think people are looking for something extra when it comes to sequels though. Rather than the same game simply redone, people want to see them improve it. You can say they are with COD Elite but to be honest its really just them finding ways to make extra money off of something that should already be included in the game. Same goes for "Monthly DLC" Fact is that the first 6 months of DLC are already completed and could have been shipped in game, but by them not including it and asking people to chip in $10 bucks a month its a way of asking for Pay to Play without making players feel forced. It's there way of saying, hey you can play our game for free but chances arent you wont be able to play with your friends because they aren't as cheap as you are and bought the god damn expansion packs.

While I do enjoy playing the COD series I get bored of it entirely too quickly to justify spending the extra money to play the new maps they come out with since I know I'll only get a few weeks out of them and then have to do it all over again then next time im bored enough to actually put the game into my playstation.

When you get a sequel to a game you want to see significant improvements being made that justify the 2 years they put into it, not recycled buildings and the same gun mechanics. Maybe take the time to fine tune everything, installed a more involved clan feature, a more prominant party system, and some major functionality upgrades. All this can be done and still maintain the integrity of the game itself without changing how its played. Its just doing things that make it more involved and more convenient for the gamer playing it.

Edited by ShadowOfaSolja

Yea, people are asking about the clan system on the CoD forums. But it's hard to give any advice with Elite being down.

Where?

When you hit the triangle button your friends list comes up, hit the d-pad right to see recent players, hit it one more time to see Facebook Friends.

Blowing Shit Up on my DROIDX using Tapatalk