MW3 - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly - You report

I think people are looking for something extra when it comes to sequels though. Rather than the same game simply redone, people want to see them improve it. You can say they are with COD Elite but to be honest its really just them finding ways to make extra money off of something that should already be included in the game. Same goes for "Monthly DLC" Fact is that the first 6 months of DLC are already completed and could have been shipped in game, but by them not including it and asking people to chip in $10 bucks a month its a way of asking for Pay to Play without making players feel forced. It's there way of saying, hey you can play our game for free but chances arent you wont be able to play with your friends because they aren't as cheap as you are and bought the god damn expansion packs.

While I do enjoy playing the COD series I get bored of it entirely too quickly to justify spending the extra money to play the new maps they come out with since I know I'll only get a few weeks out of them and then have to do it all over again then next time im bored enough to actually put the game into my playstation.

When you get a sequel to a game you want to see significant improvements being made that justify the 2 years they put into it, not recycled buildings and the same gun mechanics. Maybe take the time to fine tune everything, installed a more involved clan feature, a more prominant party system, and some major functionality upgrades. All this can be done and still maintain the integrity of the game itself without changing how its played. Its just doing things that make it more involved and more convenient for the gamer playing it.

You make some valid points. But money talks I guess. It's probably hard for a developer to try to improve what they are making, when every game they release sells millions and millions of copies. Which is probably why they are using recycled building graphics.

I wonder why no one has come out with a shooter that is like Little Big Planet. Where you designs the maps yourself and share them with the world.

When you hit the triangle button your friends list comes up, hit the d-pad right to see recent players, hit it one more time to see Facebook Friends.

Thanks. I just seen that this morning.

Edited by IRISH BULL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think people are looking for something extra when it comes to sequels though. Rather than the same game simply redone, people want to see them improve it. You can say they are with COD Elite but to be honest its really just them finding ways to make extra money off of something that should already be included in the game. Same goes for "Monthly DLC" Fact is that the first 6 months of DLC are already completed and could have been shipped in game, but by them not including it and asking people to chip in $10 bucks a month its a way of asking for Pay to Play without making players feel forced. It's there way of saying, hey you can play our game for free but chances arent you wont be able to play with your friends because they aren't as cheap as you are and bought the god damn expansion packs.

While I do enjoy playing the COD series I get bored of it entirely too quickly to justify spending the extra money to play the new maps they come out with since I know I'll only get a few weeks out of them and then have to do it all over again then next time im bored enough to actually put the game into my playstation.

When you get a sequel to a game you want to see significant improvements being made that justify the 2 years they put into it, not recycled buildings and the same gun mechanics. Maybe take the time to fine tune everything, installed a more involved clan feature, a more prominant party system, and some major functionality upgrades. All this can be done and still maintain the integrity of the game itself without changing how its played. Its just doing things that make it more involved and more convenient for the gamer playing it.

Understood bro, I'm 'agreeing' with you to an extent. Has anyone ever just ate strawberries day after day, week after week and etc.? How long before you want to try something else? That's the risk Developers take should ever they consider just updating a sequel or etc. While it's always good to improve on something without really changing what's not broke, people will get bored (like you are with the COD series ~ lol!) if nothing is done to enhance the way we use the product. I think you are missing the point that "For the 1st time"...COD actually has Clan Management NOW! (What we've ALL been waiting for)

Not only that, but they are integrating our gaming experience with our social networking experience. Hell, even FB is trying to accomplish this with the soon to be outputted 'Timeline' feature. Not only will people be able to 'LIKE' what they see others saying but with the Apps for FB people will be able to 'SHARE' what you do, say, read, and etc. Gaming is no different: We live in a culture where alot of the things we do are to bring us closer together.

And I cannot finish this thread without mentioning the 'Mobile and Console' inclusions! ~ They've taken the cake with that. I'm hardly always on the game and when I DO get on I don't want to waste alot of time changing my weapons arsenal and etc. Well with the Mobile Application I can tweak my stuff out wherever I am from my mobile smartphone...then simply just 'approve the changes' when I get on the game!

How hard has it been for you to 'find where your friends are' WITHOUT going to your computer to PLAYSTATION/FRIENDS (or whatever that link is) or having to SIGN ON to the PS3? You can check all that shit out with their Mobile Application and even tweet or FB to people to let them know when YOU are getting on! This is why I designed our own Mobile App and am using Mobile Roadie for a problem-free network to run it on. My team are in touch with me, our website and other Users...right from their smartphones. So you see, these are GREAT inclusions to an 'already great game'. They even added new game modes and other things like including competitions so that we can actually earn prizes and compete as 'Clans'. I see MW3 as the Future of Online Gaming. We simply cannot ignor that they are close to being called the Steve Jobs of online gaming bro ;-)

Been playing BF3 since it came out almost every night. I bought MW3 yesterday. And IMO BF3 wins.

If I had never played BF3 then it would probably be OK. But really I don't see how you guys play it.

First of all the Bullets... BF3 is actually using a simulated projectile when your firing. When you snipe you have to actually lead your target. I guess I got used to that because it sure felt like an arcade just point and shoot.

Then the spawn die crap.

And then there's no point to the games. Mainly a kill feast. I like more things to do in my game like launching a guided artillery shell from a tank.

Sorry to put it down but just wasn't for me.

I wonder why no one has come out with a shooter that is like Little Big Planet. Where you designs the maps yourself and share them with the world.

This has already been done, and very successfully- Counterstrike. It was a 3rd party (free, user developed) mod for halflife. It was so good that valve bought it and hired the devs.

• Directors

Well it looks like CODElite is starting to stabilize... You can reach the clan section now, but I have been unsuccessful in creating a Clan, however you can join the Urgent Fury Group now by going to https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/2346.

Lets see how many we can build up on here!!!

I only have a few complaints about MW3. First there are FAR too many airstrikes, missiles, helicopters etc..... It's just out of control. 2nd (unless it has since stabilized) when you have a few guys from your clan on and that the only thing (other than private) that you can do is Ground War..it is very laggy!!! Lastly, when, by my screen, I am well behind a very solid object like a cement wall or piling and I still die..then it shows the kill cam and it has me way out in the open!!! That is just BS!! What the hell is that???

Well it looks like CODElite is starting to stabilize... You can reach the clan section now, but I have been unsuccessful in creating a Clan, however you can join the Urgent Fury Group now by going to https://elite.callofduty.com/connect/group/view/2346.

Lets see how many we can build up on here!!!

Which one is the right one? I seen you have two going. Is it urgentfury or urgent_fury?

• Directors

UrgentFury is the official one, as linked in the menu tabs above... I did however set up other variations incase some one did the wrong one...

• Directors
Has anyone been able to access Elite yet? And if so, have you tried to access the clan functions?

It has been hit or miss for me. But one thing that I'm confused about is the clan functions. There is a tab for "My Clan", but when you click on it it tells says you have to be part of a clan. Which is understandable, but I didn't see a tab for create a clan.

Irish it looks like this is more stable, you should go and try to create the clan now

• Directors

By the way those that actually paid for elite get to help rank up the clan, and as the clan rank progresses, over time you earn 30 total hours of double xp.

Has that elite thing even started to work yet? I don't have the game any longer but I still have the elite ap on the PS3. Was also fairly curious about the elite thing. But even as of last night as I try and log on it gives me a Busy error and tells me to try back later... I'd sure of hated to be the guy who paid the subscription fee and get that stuff.

Has that elite thing even started to work yet? I don't have the game any longer but I still have the elite ap on the PS3. Was also fairly curious about the elite thing. But even as of last night as I try and log on it gives me a Busy error and tells me to try back later... I'd sure of hated to be the guy who paid the subscription fee and get that stuff.

It is hit or miss still. RVN was able to start a clan. Some of our members are just having issues joining and getting invites. We're up to level six already from all the founder points.

But I never expected the fee to pay for itself with just Elite. The real value will be when the DLC is released. Also, I'm not upset at all this isn't working 100% right now. The game is just under two weeks old. So I knew there was gonna be server issues. And I have faith that IW will fix everything. But then again, I said the same thing about Zipper.

All I know is, when it's running, Elite is one of the coolest features on a game I have ever seen.

Patch 1.04 is up...

No one knows what it did. lol

And I was on Elite via my PS3 last night it was running great. Zero delay, zero. I was able to pop in via the game and check a lot of it out, and then pop right back into MW3. It was running a Hell of a lot better on my PS3 than it ever has on my PC. Last night at least, for the short time I was on it.

Edited by IRISH BULL

I think we were one of the first to get our clan on there. I dont remember if I told Shane or not (been talking about a lot of things ~ lol), but we were able to bypass much of the connection issues from just using our mobile phones. Then we realized that the phones use SAFARI browser and that browser worked way better than others during the time when the site wasn't working.

I recently posted an article in UF Unleashed, that Activision "promises" the COD Elite site to be Fully Functional on 12.01.11, and the Movile App's have been put on hold until 'after' they get the site running 100% for "Consoles". ;-)

Unfortunately, PC users are screwed because it's problems have been ruled to be delayed indefinitely by Activision ;-(

---

I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=33.143789,-97.100083

Sent from my New iPhone 4S, using Tapatalk!

One complaint I have is the 2 second delay between players in a gun fight. I'll shoot first center mass and still lose the gun fight. So then I'll watch the kill cam and it shows that I fire like two shots or no shots at all.

sent from the ravens nest via tapatalk

this happens to me sometimes, usually during ground wars.