Good News! COD Elite Will Be Fully Functional, on 12 01 11

cod_elite_featured_image-500x250.png

Story by: CritiKiL

Activision*plans to have*Call of Duty: Elite*fully operational by December 1 2011! This is my birthday, so of course this is a good thing for me to here. In speaking with*G4, Daniel Suarez (Activision’s VP of Production), attempted to reassure users that the service will be functional in the coming weeks. His quote:*“It was our fault that the service wasn’t up and running the day [fans] put in their token or the day they bought it…”*and,*“They kind of have to bear with us while we bring this all back up, but for us it’s literally ‘Give us those couple weeks, we’re giving those to you for free and come December 1 the goal is that we’ll have everything up and running’.”

Suarez was referring to the*extended month of*Elite*service*users will receive due to its current problems. He*also provided insight into how the situation got out of hand, despite extensive beta testing. No need to quote everything he said, just rest assured that by 12.01.11 you won’t see anything but a fully functional website! But some other explainations he said worth mentioning is:

“When we ran our beta, [it] was strictly on the PC, and a lot of our assumptions were based around [the idea] that a larger majority of users were going to use the PC [interface] since it’s a more robust version of the service than the console app… / Some of that may have been incorrectly analysed, because we’re seeing 80 to 90% of our users coming straight from the console app.*Right now we’re retrofitting that so that that works better across the board rather than the way it was set up…”.*

This explains alot, since the majority of Activisions Fans are Console gamers. Many users have had difficulty signing in and using*Call of Duty: Elite,*since it launched earlier this month alongside*Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.

Also, if you’ve all been wondering what’s up with the COD Elite “Mobile Apps“? These have been delayed,*while Activision works on the console apps.*The iPhone and Android applications of the social networking service have been delayed until further notice while server issues continue to be worked on.*“Since we do not want to add even more stress to the back-end servers, we are holding back on launching the*Elite*mobile applications until the service is stable and our players can easily access it… / We will have the apps ready to launch as soon as we are comfortable the experience will be a great one, and will update with more information soon…” ~ read a Q&A on*Activision‘s website.

For the ‘Bad News’, the PC version, which has*already been delayed indefinitely, may never be released despite the developer’s efforts.*“We are working towards a universal*Elite*experience but we cannot guarantee if or when a version will be available for the PC…” ~ the firm wrote on Twitter in response to a user inquiry.

To sort of compensate us, Activision has since given*paying members an additional 30 days’ subscription*as a result of the ongoing issues. I can’t wait, COD Elite to be Fully Functional on my Birthday! Now there’s another present I can add to my collection on that day icon_wink.gif To remind you of why we are ALL waiting for things to be fixed, enjoy the*Modern Warfare 3*Tango Behind the Scenes – Connect video below and leave us a comment or two to tell us what YOU think about this awesome accomplishment of a Gaming Franchise:

di

di

UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=qj6IDK7rITs UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=Ly1H5S7uc7A

CHouVXsPkjo

More...

Yea, I just noticed that on the Elite site they are only allowing 'Premium' members access to EliteTV now. With 'that' along with other reasons to upgrade, I was going to catch up with you and remind you of this! Glad you upgraded man! One other reason is that it helps your clan to level-up. Since Clan XP challenges aren't yet available, adding Premium / FOUNDER status members is the only way to increase your clan level. Why would you want to level up ASAP? Because it sucks being under level 10 where you get to have your golden 'clan tag' that shows on all your roster members titlecards. And you can't even have your own 'clan emblem' to design, until you've hit level 5 ;-(

I meant upgrading to premium, but I could not wait! I upgraded and love ELITE Premium. Not bad either since you get all the DLC with it, I guess we just pay for it up front.

Yea, I was looking for this thread JOHNSON30 to tell you the need to upgrade but you beat me to doing it already! It's starting to separate the regulars from the Premium members already on the Elite site. NOW the Elite site has it so that 'only' Premium members can watch "EliteTV". Plus there are soo many other benefits of upgrading, like:

1) Adding Clan XP to your clan...

As of yet only Premium/Founder status' are helping your clan to Level-up since Clan Operations & Challenges are not available. The only way for your clan to currently level up is by adding in Premium members. Why do you want your clan to level-up NOW? Because it sucks being below level 10. At level 10 your members can have the golden clan tag displayed proudly, and at level 5 you can create a custom emblem for your team. I must say that not having those things NOW really sucks.

Edited by CritiKiL
PLEASE DELETE: (DUPLICATE POSTS)

You must be posting from a smart phone. lol

No, I was on my computer. I sent Shane a snapshot of what happened. It would give me an error page to make me think it did not post so I would post it again only to get the same error. When I backed out of the forum completely the re-checked, they were all there! Strange:

file_ufforumerrormessage.jpg