Warning: MW3 Modded Clan Tags, Will Get You Banned

mw3-modded-clan-tag-ban-500x298.jpg

Story by: CritiKiL

Modded clan tags in Modern Warfare 3 are tags which have button icons in it, that make them considerably longer compared to what is permitted. A minor issue, yes, however Infinity Ward does not like any*kind of exploit whatsoever, in their games. If you have got a modded clan tag, be sure to change it back to something suitable or risk a ban. Here is the official response on the*Activison support forum*regarding the MW3 clan tags:

“Using any kind of hack or exploit to put characters or graphics into your clan tag can result in a suspension or full ban. You may only use the default set of characters included in the user interfaceâ€

This is true for tags that are colored anything beyond the default colors, which also have been confirmed to be an exploit as well.*Infinity Ward has stated that they will be evaluating the problem and that gamers who have got modded clan tags ought to be reported on sight. Guy Beahm of Sledgehammer games was asked if there would be an ETA for the fix, however due to this being so low-priority and undamaging to gameplay, there isn’t one.* So if you’re using these types of clan tags, remove them or run the risk of getting banned from the game.

di

di

UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=yIl2AUoC8zA UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=qj6IDK7rITs UrgentFuryUnleashed?d=Ly1H5S7uc7A

FpV-o1f6fzY

More...

were over lvl 10 also but i dont kno if our color tag is working yet.

Yea it's available for you guys. All your elite roster leader needs to do is:

1) Goto MANAGE CLAN

2) Under the INFO tab, add you clan's tag in the CLAN TAG spot.

Then your members just need to access (on the game) the clan title area and select the ELITE CLAN TAG along with the ELITE CLAN TITLE, which is under the normal CLAN TAG and CLAN TITLE. I like the gold clan tag thing because everyone who see's it separates your clan from anyone just putting the same clan tag as your clans. We be cracking up because we'll be in a room and some people will change their tag to SCK but it's not the gold ones and only those clan members who are on the elite roster will get access to it! It's awesome how it distinguishes your clan from the wannabee's ~ lol

I report everyone I see. I even tell them I am, then they leave but you can still find their name lol

sent from the ravens nest via tapatalk

I do the same thing bro and I let those who I report know that I'm doing it. If they're willing to go that far then it shows they'd be willing to cheat IMO. That space is only for 4 ASCII (numbers & letters only) spaces so if you're putting more than 4 inputs then you know it was not intended for that space, so then it's modding or glitching.

Edited by CritiKiL

Hey CritiKiL, we're level thirteen but our tags aren't gold. Any advice on this problem?

Sure thing! Here you go:

Yea it's available for you guys. All your elite roster leader needs to do is:

1) Goto MANAGE CLAN

2) Under the INFO tab, add you clan's tag in the CLAN TAG spot.

Then your members just need to access (on the game) the clan title area and select the ELITE CLAN TAG along with the ELITE CLAN TITLE, which is under the normal CLAN TAG and CLAN TITLE. I like the gold clan tag thing because everyone who see's it separates your clan from anyone just putting the same clan tag as your clans. We be cracking up because we'll be in a room and some people will change their tag to SCK but it's not the gold ones and only those clan members who are on the elite roster will get access to it! It's awesome how it distinguishes your clan from the wannabee's ~ lol.

Hey CritiKiL, we're level thirteen but our tags aren't gold. Any advice on this problem?

Also there is all so a mod that let's you change the color of your classes name, and activision is also banning those who are doing that also.

Where did you read that? Because that doesn't affect anyone else in the game. You are the only one that can see the other colors.

Its in the statement they put out

OK, I missed that. But ATMikey just confirmed it's an exploit. Thanks for letting me know.

Just an FYI, the "..." at the end of this thread is causing a coding error which makes it unavailable to quick reply from page 2. Anytime a thread on VB ends in "..." it causes script errors.

On to the topic at hand, good riddance. I don't understand why people think it's cool to glitch the tag to show PS3 controller buttons. Sometimes the tags are so long, it engulfs the name. It's just dumb, has been dumb since the original MW, and will continue to be flat out dumb. That's the element we deal with daily on Call of Duty though. Kids that like to glitch, glitch their tags, and talk crap (as long as their mom isn't within shouting distance).

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Error code:

Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /showthread.php/81212-Warning-MW3-Modded-Clan-Tags-Will-Get-You-Banned… could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the reques

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Just an FYI, the "..." at the end of this thread is causing a coding error which makes it unavailable to quick reply from page 2. Anytime a thread on VB ends in "..." it causes script errors.

On to the topic at hand, good riddance. I don't understand why people think it's cool to glitch the tag to show PS3 controller buttons. Sometimes the tags are so long, it engulfs the name. It's just dumb, has been dumb since the original MW, and will continue to be flat out dumb. That's the element we deal with daily on Call of Duty though. Kids that like to glitch, glitch their tags, and talk crap (as long as their mom isn't within shouting distance).

The mute button is very handy, my best friend.

Sent from my DROID X2

Sent from my DROID X2

Oh believe me, if there were achievements for muting people I would have them all. As soon as I get in a room I mute everyone with a mic that isn't in our party. Sad that gaming has come to that, but it is what it is. I remember the PS2 Socom days where you'd meet new friends daily and only rarely did you run into E-Thugs. Now everyone either listens to music, talks crap, or is just flat out annoying (or some combination therein).

What get's me and I know some of us cannot help it, is the fact that the mics pic up everything in that persons house. They've taken the word OPEN in Open Mics way too far. Yea, I even have to mute some of my clan members but oh well. It really distracts me when I'm playing the game.

Edited by CritiKiL