METS AQUIRE JOHAN SANTANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RNG187 ]

$150 Million. not bad at all' date=' when the mets get a ring at the end of october, its all good. i just hope they're not taking a page outta the bankees book and try and buy themselves a ring.

[/quote']HEY IF YOU CAN DO IT ..THEN DO IT....THEY SPENT A SHIT LOAD BUT THEY MADE EVEN MORE IN RETURN....IT'S A GOOD PICK UP AND I'M glad he went their instead of the sox either way it is a nice move keep him in the nationals...and we get to keep our team intact for yet another run

The Mets rotation is pretty solid now. Johan Santana being the obvious ace, two young talents in Oliver Perez and John Maine, and Pedro and Livan to mentor the young guys. Oliver Perez has been a favorite of mine since his days in Pittsburgh. Their Pitching should be top 5 in the NL and their offense is one of the best in the NL.

Guest SuddenRedScare

With a opening day rotation of Santana, Pedro, Maine, Perez, and either El Duque or Pelfrey, look for the Mets win win about 95 and take the NL East by 10 games at least. Brewers will beat them in the playoffs though. :)

SuddenRedScare ]

With a opening day rotation of Santana, Pedro, Maine, Perez, and either El Duque or Pelfrey, look for the Mets win win about 95 and take the NL East by 10 games at least. Brewers will beat them in the playoffs though. :)

El Duque and Pelfrey won't be in the rotation if the Mets sign Livan Hernandez. That isn't for sure though since they will be paying through the nose for Johan.

I'm not a big baseball fan, but I know that the Mets had a really good prospect who's last name is.. Fernandez I think.

The weird part is that the Twins knew about this one prospect who was REALLY good and didn't try to get him.

Just goes to show you how bad Minn. wanted Santana gone maybe?

Oh and (S!K)STREETSWEEPR1 is awesome.

Pats and Sox.

It seems all our teams are doing awesome this year... except the Bruins :-\

Guest SuddenRedScare

The Mets were pretty reluctant to part with Fernandez, probably more so than Gomez or Humber. I wouldn't say the Twins wanted to trade Santana, but after they extended Morneau and Cuddyer last week, it was pretty evident that they didn't plan on paying him to money he will demand in New York. Personally, I think the Twins should have pulled the trigger on the Yankee's deal that involved the package of Hughes, Kennedy, and another prospect, but I think the deal they got was pretty solid.

I hate big baseball moves like this.. because all it does is FILL up time on Sports Center.

I have to listen to that Tim Kurkjian guy who has that squeaky voice like a little kid over and over again

By far, the funnies Tim Kurkjian moment was when Texas Rangers scored all those points against Baltimore and he was flipping out. Other than that, most of the baseball analysts are annoying to listen to.

All i know is every1 is talking about what a big trade this is for the Mets but yet i havent read anything about them winning the world series why becouse the mets still play in the NL and every1 know all the best teams play in the AL i mean the AL EAST could put togather an allstar team and beat the NL allstarts.

xLASTx ]

All i know is every1 is talking about what a big trade this is for the Mets but yet i havent read anything about them winning the world series why becouse the mets still play in the NL and every1 know all the best teams play in the AL i mean the AL EAST could put togather an allstar team and beat the NL allstarts.

Maybe because the AL doesn't play "Real" Baseball 9 vs. 9. The position of DH is ridiculous. You can't compare when they're not fair.

Well the METS may not be done getting players either. They are looking at Livan Hernandez and kyle lohse also so one of them could be getting signed. But the mets with the rotation and there potent offence will make them the team to beat in the NL maybe the the whole MLB. But Boston will win the AL. All i know is i am stoked at the mets getting Santana and now cant wait to see the Mets play a couple of games this year. Oh and by the way Phillies not this year sorry. The Mets are the first team in history to start the season with 3 15 game winners on the starting day rosters.