E3 2012 to show new systems

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/10479.html

Ready for the new generation of consoles? No? Too bad.

According to the latest reports, both Microsoft and Sony will show off their new consoles at E3 this year.

The Wii U will also be on hand, which means this should be the first time in E3's history that three all new pieces of hardware will be on display. We had heard Microsoft might unleash their new console at the end of 2012, and Sony has said numerous times that they don't wish to be last to market in the next generation. The only downside is that sources say we shouldn't expect pricing or release details at E3; those specifics won't come until later. The Wii U price is expected to be revealed around June.

So now comes the speculation: what will Sony do with the PlayStation 4? Are they going to keep Blu-Ray? We wouldn't be looking at an all-new format, would we? And what about Microsoft? They can't possibly keep the already outdated DVD format for the next Xbox, right? And the price points will be all sorts of important...let's not make another $600 machine, Sony.

So, you up for a peek?

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm not ready for a new console. lol I'm happy with my PS3. But the thought of a better console that does even more is hard to imagine. I really think the PS3 is just an amazing piece of technology.

Anyone here going to E3 this year?

• Directors

We will be at E3 with full coverage as usual, but we are not all that confident in this being a true statement... I will also say that PSX is very opinionated, have you guys watched his show in PS Home? OMG

• 2 weeks later...
  • Directors

Crap I got side tracked... I am deferring to Steven on the write up, though I will provide him some details... he will be getting a vita courtesy of Sony to preview, so I felt it would be better for him to do the article after he receives it.