Why are other clans NOT signing up for Tournaments?:

Maybe I'm missing something but I don't see any of the Community Clans signing up for any of the MW3 Tournaments. I understand about the inability to run more than a 4 v 4 but this only reminds me of when we would have smaller Tournaments running in between the large ones (ex: Summer Blowout, even Horsemen but without the prizes and etc.). The idea is that we support our Community in ways that we can. So if I'm missing anything can someone enlighten me as to why we can't create Tournament-play with a Tournament-Hosting Community? The reason this baffles me is because I see many of us playing on this game, daily...

The deadline for signups is the 27th we will be putting in a few teams but are also waiting to see how many sign up as well. Playing against 2-3 other teams plus our 3-4 really isn't that fun.

Also its the same clans that are here and no growth to the community. cKs and 101 don't support MW3. LPK, U, SCK and RVN do support it. Who else is there that is still active in this community?

Edited by mikejaxon

Why don't u guys make a tournament for BF3? 4v4 or 12v12?????

sent from my Rooted DX2 w/ Eclipse ROM using tapatalk

That would be cool

But Mic suck and I dont believe you can make private rooms. You basically be playing in a public room hoping no one else joins. Unless now your able to do so?

Why don't u guys make a tournament for BF3? 4v4 or 12v12?????

sent from my Rooted DX2 w/ Eclipse ROM using tapatalk

That would be cool

But Mic suck and I dont believe you can make private rooms. You basically be playing in a public room hoping no one else joins. Unless now your able to do so?

Yea, that was the main factor for Ravenfall. No private rooms. Now granted, MW3 technically doesn't either. But not on purpose. They obviously just don't care about the PS3. Nothing new there. lol

That would be cool

HOW TO SETUP 12v12 MATCHES ---------------------------------------------------------------------

1. Both clan leaders form a party and join an empty server. If one needs to switch teams he does so asap

2. Once that is done each clan leader will inform his clan mates to use the XMB option and "Join Session" which will put u on the correct team regardless of how many on the other side.

3. Play and have fun!

Also They have confirmed on the Battlelog News Blog that Ps3 is finally getting the VIOP patch to "completely fix all ps3 mic issues"

• Directors

It's all fine and dandy in theory but not conducive to a tournament environment. If there is a person that drops, then you risk a random getting in the room, what if a clan needs to play a man short, etc.

There are far to many issues with this.

Don't get me wrong we desperately want to be able to do a BF3 tournament and EA knows it, they are reminded everyweek... but we are not going to sit and wait, we are moving forward.

• Directors

The point is, we just haven't had a game that can completely support a tournament event. We have talked with EA (regarding BF3), and they have mentioned that there is a possibility that private matches/servers might be a future option. But, with no real time frame, it makes it impossible to plan anything for the game.

MW3 is broken. Plain and simple. And Activision's policy regarding "clan support" is that there aren't enough clans (in UF) to even "move the needle". Their words, not mine.

So, maybe this is a call to action for our little community....

If anybody can find a game that has a following, and more importantly, is clan/tournament friendly....let us know.

~V~

We can't be the only community wanting legitimate clan support and private matches in a video game. Even people that don't play socom anymore and will never touch it again have to know that they got it right when it came to clan support and private matches, making a tournament possible.

• Directors

Well we are less than 72 hours from the sign up deadline, and as we said we need 8 teams to get it going and only 4 have signed up. If the community is not supporting the tournament then it will just not happen. And at this point will probably close the chapter on MW3.

It is a shame because there are staff members that put time into it to only see nothing in return. We will turn our focus onto the next game and move on.

Edited by Shane

Thank you all for your replies. I just want to remind everyone that 'we as a community here' have to support UF. Simple. I'm even going to look into the STARHAWK because Shane keeps reminding me that it is a 'quick-fix' as compared to nothing at all. I'd also like to remind the community that 'these games' should never dictate our abilities to get together socially. No matter what games are out there we should be making earnest efforts to show ourselves in some ways playing together whether in a Tournament or not. This is the only way other clans see our active environment and it is only in these manners that we can attract New Blood. As long as we allow these fucked up developers to run how games are designed they'll continue to just make the same games. This is where Socom messed up, thinking they needed to compete w/COD when alot of us enjoyed the two diversities. Since they tried to change what was working well they have lost many of us forever. If only they had taken the time to see what their original community looked like and was happy with, we'd probably still be in support of Socom. Many COD players also liked the diversity (meaning that when they were tired of the respawn, lone-wolf-type gameplay of COD then they would go over to Socom and vice-versa).

But what's at stake here is our own community. Letters are going out to these developers almost daily I'm sure to let them know what a real clan management system is like. It's not the ability to just add a tag to your name. It's not about getting forced to play with strangers who may not even have the best interests of a particular game-mode and whose only interest is to just get kills regardless of who picks up dog tags (in Kill Confirmed mode). A clan management system consists of the ability of a unit to place his own players on one side, conduct strategies to win an objective against another like-minded unit in a friendly gameplay atmosphere "with the ability" to communicate over a good VOIP system. It still baffles me that the developers haven't figured this out with some of them being in clans themselves. And why hasn't any developers thought more of the idea of giving individuals awards based on his support of 'his team'? That would be a good-ass incentive for a new set of trophies to earn! So much is wrong with these new games that come out yet we (as a community) have to keep sitting around waiting for them to come out with a quality game when they killed one game which had all of that in it (Socom is DEAD) ;-(

Don't put the responsibility of the community continuing on the shoulders of the players. UF is only as strong as the interest it builds in tournaments. What is the major thing that has been missing at UF for quite a while now??? Tac-Map. That was mainly the only thing here, all the other tournaments were minced meat compared to the tac-maps. It took everyones time up here and no clan had time to go play at any other site.

Next it is the responsibility of the staff to get interest in this community. If the clans here don't want to play, find clans that do. Find individuals that do. Create the product and drive anticipation for that product. Make it like no one has seen and market it like so. If the community fails it is not the consumers fault. It is the businesses fault for not giving the consumer what they need. Not what the want, what the NEED. Lets take the iphone/ipod, no one needs a new one when they bring it out every year. Yet people think they do.

You say, "well red, we do have tournaments available...people just don't want to play!" I again tell you it isn't the fact you have them available. It is always content. 4v4 isn't cutting it, and there has been posts here that people aren't sure what to expect in these tournaments, maybe that should be addressed. Also does it really need to be 4v4? Can it not be 6v6 or 8v8? I am not on MW3 so I don't know.

I just think that anyone on Staff is not only responsible for content and the tournaments, but also promoting the community and recruiting. It is the clans responsibility to play when they want to and compete when they want to compete. Because THAT is the reason for UF. Play against like minded individuals that want to have a fair play environment. That is the community, not some mythical bond that we need to help each other in need. That is what a clan is for.

Sorry if this seems insensitive, but reality is the gaming industry has made it clear they don't give a crap if tournament sites like this exist. It is up to the tournament sites to figure out a way to make it work and the team in charge, are the ones this responsibility falls on. No more...no less.

• Directors

Red to address some of your points,

The last TacMap was on Black Ops less than a year ago, and we will have another TacMap this summer but not on any game that is out now. None of the games we have support the set up of a UF TacMap.

As for the 4 v 4 statement, we are unable to make it any larger for PS3, the Private match setup system is screwed up and looks like they are not going to fix it.

Socom has no private match making system and there is not enough clans to sign up for it either.

So like you said its all about content, and once StarHawk drops the content will be there, a whole new group of players will be joining UF and we will move forward. We will also have the making of a pretty substantial UK division for this game. So like you also pointed out... StarHawk is what everyone Needs to get ready for cause that is where we are going.

I posted a possible solution a few weeks ago about the private matches. I have come to find out that if you have connection issues do this.

Private match>Dome Free for all>Start match>Invite players>Players get in.

LPK cannot try to see if this works because WE DON'T HAVE this issue. We can get 18 in a room no problem.

I posted this solution and only Irish commented on it. NOT one STAFF, NOT one DIRECTOR acknowledged this post.

MW3 is where the action is.... I posted a possible solution, no one figured out if it works.

I posted a possible solution a few weeks ago about the private matches. I have come to find out that if you have connection issues do this.

Private match>Dome Free for all>Start match>Invite players>Players get in.

LPK cannot try to see if this works because WE DON'T HAVE this issue. We can get 18 in a room no problem.

I posted this solution and only Irish commented on it. NOT one STAFF, NOT one DIRECTOR acknowledged this post.

MW3 is where the action is.... I posted a possible solution, no one figured out if it works.

We reposted this in our forums long ago and I saw it work with my own eyes.

I suggest releasing the restrictions on weapons and loadouts and just setting up matches as close to what a regular medley has and than roll it. Instead of limiting the rosters to 10 arbitrarily just set it to whatever the normal number is.

4v4 is better than nothing.

Its more rewarding from an exp perspective to play pubbie than private match but we ought to be able to sneak around that.

Why are we setting the min clans to 8?

Ok I'm not taking shots here and I'm sure there's a reason for all this but I just wanted to offer some questions/opinions in case anybody wanted to know.

• Directors

The minimum team count of 8 is to ensure that there is a variety of matches. 3 or 4 teams just playing themselves over and over again is not worth anyone's time.

And the 10 man roster is to encourage larger clans to put in more than one team.

• Directors
It was a suggestion, and according to Butcher it works.

We should not use an exploit to run a tournament. Why would we even want to go down that road.

Edited by Shane