Where is the PSVita Article?

• Directors

Irish as I said the article will be written by Steven when he receives the review device. Can't rush Sony on these things. As for the apps, no, there has been no talk of having apps simular to smartphones.

Irish as I said the article will be written by Steven when he receives the review device. Can't rush Sony on these things. As for the apps, no, there has been no talk of having apps simular to smartphones.

Oh, OK. I missed that. Thanks.

Can you access video sites? Youtube, GT, etc. The only way to do it via the PSP is through the remote play feature. And even is, it's crappy.

IGN wrote up a good article on why not to buy the 3G model.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/01/23/why-you-shouldnt-buy-a-3g-ps-vita

Here is what struck me as the most interesting.

The Vita's 3G Functions are Limited

It'd be one thing if the 3G-enabled PS Vita provided constant, unhindered connectivity to the system's entire suite of online features, such as realtime online multiplayer and full game downloads via PSN, but that simply isn't the case. In order to regulate network strain, AT&T and Sony will only allow for basic functions to be accessed over 3G, such as web browsing, PSN messaging, asynchronous multiplayer (i.e. turn-based games) and leaderboard access. If users want to play with other players online in realtime or download a larger game (assumed to be 20MBs or more) from the PSN, they will be required to connect to a Wi-Fi network. While the ability to message friends over the PSN and check leaderboard scores anytime, anywhere is certainly helpful, we'd hardly consider it worth the added monthly expense.

And to me, the only real reason to get a 3G Vita is for MP gaming. I wasn't gonna get the 3G model soley because I didn't think I would ever play online without being near a Wi-Fi hotspot.

This looks really neat. I have a question of which I cannot specifically find the answer: If I'm on PS3 playing MW3 and pause, will 'that game' be playable on the PSVita?

No PS3 games have been confirmed for remote play yet. Though there has been hacks already created to play games like Batman, BF3, and KZ.

• Directors

NO and they have talked about there not being remote play...

As for multiplayer they have also discussed how on 3g it will not be stable enough for MP... no matter what network you are on

NO and they have talked about there not being remote play...

As for multiplayer they have also discussed how on 3g it will not be stable enough for MP... no matter what network you are on

So MP on Wi-Fi? I decided against the 3g. Really didn't seem worth the $100 extra

Sent from my DROID X2

• Directors

Hey Irish, did you go check out the PSVita Social club there in Chi town?

Chicago

1444 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622

1/17: PlayStation Blog Community Event, 5:00-10:00PM (Invite Only)

1/22: Weekly Tournament

1/22: Mommy Blogger Event, 3:00-5:00PM (Invite Only)

1/29: Weekly Tournament

Hey Irish, did you go check out the PSVita Social club there in Chi town?

Chicago

1444 N. Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL 60622

1/17: PlayStation Blog Community Event, 5:00-10:00PM (Invite Only)

1/22: Weekly Tournament

1/22: Mommy Blogger Event, 3:00-5:00PM (Invite Only)

1/29: Weekly Tournament

No, actually I didn't. I was going to if I was working since I would be down here already, but after seeing the Twitter pics of the event, I'm glad I didn't. The line was down the street and the weather was cold and raining that night. I want to try it out, but not that bad. lol

IGN wrote up a little article on why you should purchase the PSVita 3G model. It was a response to that earlier article I posted on why not to.

http://vita.ign.com/articles/121/1217479p1.html

With the announcement that Playstation made about the 3G bundle, he makes some very good points. I think I am now gonna pre-order that 3G bundle.