Speaker Mic

Im looking to make a speaker for the PS2, instead of having to wear the mic, I want everone in the room to be able to hear what is being said. But I still need to use the mic to talk. I know UF is filled with some smart people. Can we get some plans thrown up of something that would work with minimal work LOL Help the Diggler out PLEASE

LOL your not alone brother....there are many of us who wont admit that our significant others are'nt to found of us yelling into a mic running after little solidiers on a tv screen..lol.....I plug in her guitar hero and shes distracted for a while:)

This is going to spark all kinds of questions....

1. Huny what is lag?

2. Huny what they hell is a soft spot?

3. Huny wheres the donut room?

4. Why does evryone say green the f@@#$ up?

lol

Take your headset and tape it to a live mic that is pluged into your sound system. Everytime a teammate cues the mic it should go though the speakers. Then have it some what close to you so you can still grab the mic and everyone can hear you. This works i have set it up for 3 people now.

why not just splice the wires that lead to the ear-piece to some speaker wire that leads to a speaker and maintain the wiring for the mic. Worked for me a while back when I wanted a similar set-up for the purpose of SOCOM. Now a days it would just be aggravating as hell with CoD4's open mic system. Though you could increase the volume so that you can actually hear those that you need to hear talking.

I dunno seems like a trade-off that isn't much worth it. The consistent talking and arguing with no single person holding the mic at a time would make me throw the speaker through the damn TV as already suggested.

Guest Stealthknight

get an amped speaker. U can usually get these at radioshack. You plug the speaker into the wall. It should have a volume control and it will allow you to adjust the volume as you please. Get some extra speaker wire then splice it into the earpiece. I suggest taking the headset apart and running this wire seperate. Then take the mic and post it on a stand on a coffee table or w/e infront of you. Pretty easy to rig and should only run you about 20 bucks.

I don't get this question???

You can set the output to your speakers on your TV? in the accessories setting on the PS3 (choose default for output) they will hear what you normally hear through you headset speaker on the TV speakers.. for the microphone you set that to your headset.. (as far as hearing what you say.. well.. errr they are in the same room as you.. just talk louder.