major announcement

i would like to announce the first winner of the "most active member of the month" award on these forums - congratulations to hog wild!!! his dedication and his persistance have won this award for countless political posts backing the republican party over the thoughout the month of january. it is truly remarkable to see someone as dedicated and as thought provoking as he is, and he truly has seen that the people here need to be well informed, and come here everyday to get this informati...

what? hold on...

whats that? this is a video game site? are you sure?

really? seriousley? you gotta be mistaken...

holy shit...

i was just informed that this is not a GOP website. this is a website dedicated to video game tournaments. boy do i feel stupid now. after checking the forums every day for the last month i was sure that there was some kind of republican backing to this place. it seems that the only person to really give a crap about anything has completely hijacked the site and turned it into a political forum. i havent noticed much talk of games, or any other form of media or entertainment lately. maybe thats why i got confused.

so anyways, congratulations hog for being januarys most active poster. thank you for visiting the site, and thank you for staying active!!! its nice to see someone still has something to say around here.

* this post is not endorsed by the staff or ownership of urgent fury. it is completely personal sarcasm, and should in no way reflect the thoughts or perspective of any of the aforementioned parties. im ron paul, and im running for president.

Really?! If you don't like it, don't read it. UF made a section for political talk, I ignore it. Easy and simple.

Once again Puddy with a staff tag attacks people. You are a joke and should had never been brought back to staff.

You should resign because you are not what a staff member should be.....

Sent from my DROID X2

i would like to announce the first winner of the "most active member of the month" award on these forums - congratulations to hog wild!!! his dedication and his persistance have won this award for countless political posts backing the republican party over the thoughout the month of january. it is truly remarkable to see someone as dedicated and as thought provoking as he is, and he truly has seen that the people here need to be well informed, and come here everyday to get this informati...

what? hold on...

holy shit...

i was just informed that this is not a GOP website. this is a website dedicated to video game tournaments. boy do i feel stupid now. after checking the forums every day for the last month i was sure that there was some kind of republican backing to this place. it seems that the only person to really give a crap about anything has completely hijacked the site and turned it into a political forum. i havent noticed much talk of games, or any other form of media or entertainment lately. maybe thats why i got confused.

so anyways, congratulations hog for being januarys most active poster. thank you for visiting the site, and thank you for staying active!!! its nice to see someone still has something to say around here.

* this post is not endorsed by the staff or ownership of urgent fury. it is completely personal sarcasm, and should in no way reflect the thoughts or perspective of any of the aforementioned parties. im ron paul, and im running for president.

LMAO... Very nice... +100 for you sir!

Who cares what he posts about the political parties, like johnson I just ignore it as it doesn't interest me. You have the choice to read it and if it doesn't interest you then don't click on the link. At least its some activity on these forums which is lacking and it's snide posts like this from staff members that would keep someone from posting here.

Puddy I've never had a problem with you, but I can't bite my tongue. By the same rationale you are using when you made this post, if I was to post a bunch of sports articles this month would I be in line for a chastising come March 1st? Or would you let that slide because you like sports more than the Republican party? C'mon bud you are better than that.

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

Congratulations to Puddytat for once again for being doosh of the UF Community. Who knew your true colors would shine once again. Instead of going about your business you pipe up with something completely out of the blue and make yourself look like even more of a horses ass.

Like johnson said, it was a mistake bringing you on the staff, or even a second time. You are a waste of thread space.

what? hold on...

holy shit...

WHAT A DICK! If you don't like what he's posting then don't read it. If you have a problem with what he's saying or representing then send him a PM but to put up a post like this is garbage. I don't care if it's with or without the approval of UF as a Staff member you ALWAYS represent UF with what you say no matter what disclaimer you post. Hopefully the owners realize what mistake they made and do the right thing and correct the problem!

I'm not a fan of political posting on gaming sites.

I'm more a fan of posting about bullshit on gaming sites...and occasionally talk about gaming.

But some of those sentiments up there are kinda right on, Puddy. If a forum is -going to allow- posters to post whatever the hell they want, then the right to be publicly miffed about it is taken away. Just how it is. I don't like the political talk, but it happens, and if it happens to happen here, then I've got every tool at my disposal to not look at it. And believe me....I don't.

You have these same tools, too.

You're a military man. You, of anyone, should know how politics do nothing but muddle the mind and start wars.

Best to pay no mind to the politics and just keep your eye on maintaining the peace around here in the land of UF.

Just to make it clear, Puddy is no longer a part of UF staff, including at the time of this post.

As for the political section, it seems most of the community has gone about their dislike the correct way. Just don't go in that section. It was added because a large number of people did want to discuss those topics.

"i was just informed that this is not a GOP website."

It seems like he's upset because it's only GOP talk. Sorry but the Dems already hold the office, so there really isn't anything to discuss about the incumbent. Perhaps he doesn't understand the current political landscape and why it's popular to talk about GOP right now.

I like it because it's fun and thought provoking to have a good debate. To some it's just useless drama but I feel like it sharpens the mind to get in to it with people and challenge them or have them challenge me.

I was hoping I wasn't the only one thinking this. I enjoy the open minded debate.

I like it because it's fun and thought provoking to have a good debate. To some it's just useless drama but I feel like it sharpens the mind to get in to it with people and challenge them or have them challenge me.

I agree as well, essentially debates can be used as a think tank. We all have our opinions, and that is great, but it is always better to listen to pros and cons from both sides. Being closed minded creates more problems, look at Puddy's case today. IMO, he was being closed minded. That is why all successful companies use 'Think Tanks' to inspire new ideas as well as reinvent old ideas.