What were you doing 7 years ago?

• Directors
Why 7 years?

Sent from my DROID X2

Read The Sit Rep, it is going out now, so you will receive it in the next 30 to 45 minutes and you will understand the 7 years

Well my "Join Date" says 08-31-2006, but i was here long before that. :)

Before it was vBulletin it was SMF & before SMF it was ProBoards, which i also had the most posts on. lol

So 7 years ago id say i was probably here, playing Socom 2, & waiting for map packs. :heh:

Yea, back when State of the Union was the first tourney.. I think this was the url.. http://uftour.proboards21.com/index.cgi

I forget exactly the deal, but they used to have numbers in them along with your name. (IE: 21)

Here was our clan forums at the time.!! [=R=]Renegades

http://socomrenegades.proboards.com/index.cgi?

And website.. http://www.freewebs.com/socomrenegades

(not sure why they are still up. lol)

Here is one that i found. lol (not UF related)

http://urgentfury.proboards.com

I have a bunch of old addresses saved in a folder for clan sites, etc.

Ahhh, memory lane.. :dance:

Edited by Chili327

Mine would be identical to Chili's. At this time 7 years ago State of the Union was just about to start if memory serves. I probably spent most days playing with THM, ReD, and Cp* on S2 during this time. I also remember the days when we were on proboards lol! I believe the addy you posted is pretty close to accurate, but then again I can't remember what I ate yesterday anymore lol. Those were the days though, when online gaming was pure and fun. At this time 7 years ago everyone was buzzing about Socom 3's release that fall. I can't believe it has been that long.

Oh I also remember that was when the Pistons were still relevant lol!

Edited by o-BacklasH-o

• Directors

Nice you still have the maps up Chili... lol

Well the newsletter points out the significance of the 7 year mark and there will be some exclusive stuff coming to Sit Rep Subscribers as well as stuff for Forum members too. But you are correct State of the Union began around Apr 2005.

Edited by Shane

• Directors
I still did not get the sitrep!!!

I never get it. WTF?!

http://ufmarketing.com/newsletter/index.php?action=social&c=6ea9ab1baa0efb9e19094440c317e21b.27&ref=facebook Did you go the link I posted earlier?

Nice you still have the maps up Chili... lol

Yea i cant believe they are all still there, & the music too.!!

You guys should try to put together a "State of the Union" flashback tourney, not sure what game would work best, but using the States was the greatest part.!! :thumb:

Did you go the link I posted earlier?
He not very technical. :loco: Edited by Chili327

I was playing SOCOM almost every single night, and I was having a great time. The clan didn't get on until 8 pm so I was chomping the bit until them. But I have a job so Sunday through Thursday I had to jump off at at 11 pm. But Friday and Saturday I was on until 2 am or later. I spent hours formulating plans on our next UF match. Who to attack next. How and when we should do it. Playing chess in a sense to minimize our weaknesses and maximize our strengths. Cajoling my clanmates to believe in a system and game plan, to play their roles so we could be most comptetative. Having an active forums where all sorts of things could be discussed. Having an active recruiting section of our forums because we had a reputation of competativeness. Having a community that kept us busy nearly every single month of the year.

But I don't do that stuff anymore.... because SOCOM no longer exists. Thanks Zipper Inetractive. You gave it life, and you aborted it. Take a bow douchebags.

But I don't do that stuff anymore.... because SOCOM no longer exists. Thanks Zipper Inetractive. You gave it life, and you aborted it. Take a bow douchebags.

SCEA and Seth Luisi also had a major role in the failure of that franchise on the nex-gen platform.

Wow..."State of the Union" just brought back a flood of memories.

I still have the t-shirt with all the clan names on the back of it from that tourney.

Those were hella times, I say. Everything felt so new and exciting in the way of scenario-based tourneys and I have to say...those clans in that tourney made that tourney wonderful. In a weird way, I'm reading the "Hunger Games" trilogy now in anticipation of the movie, but now all the clans involved in SotU remind me of tributes competing in the Hunger Games. The allies...the strategy...the triage...and the battles and victory.

So I guess this is easy...7 years ago I was busy with two other guys prepping things up for SotU and wondering if the whole effort was going to be worth it and if we could pull it off.

It was and we did. :)

And someone who posted up above is right...the UF tourneys eventually moved into foreign lands and beyond that into made-up territory designations...but there was some fun back in the day declaring "APC attacks ReD for Arkansas" knowing we'd be pulling in some potential gunners from THM or =R= as allies.

I will quietly mourn now. LOL