Anyone else's PS3 freezing up since last Update?

Mines been freezing up a lot since the last update. It froze the other night right at boot up. Then it's been freezing mostly during BF3. I have another game that I have been playing that it has not froze at all with. So I'm not sure if it's the BF3 game or my PS3 and the update.

Also using the internet now is laggy after the update.

Alright I did the restore thing... Not sure how it has gone so far since I didn't play BF3. But it hasn't froze up so far.

I did though think I improved my graphics because everything got reset as far as video settings. And I think I must have had the video set up wrong for my TV because now it seems to have improved a bunch.

I had to Google how to do the Safe mode. There are a series of things you have to do but they have instructions ready.

How the hell do you go in safe mode

sent from the ravens nest via tapatalk

Step 1: Turn off the PLAYSTATION 3 by holding the Power button on the front of the unit till the Power light is red.

Step 2:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, meaning the PLAYSTATION 3 is powering on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep, indicating the video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a third beep and the system will power off (Power light is red).

Step 3:

1. Touch and hold the Power button, you will hear the first beep, again for the PLAYSTATION 3 to power on.
  2. Continue to hold the Power button and after about 5 seconds, you will hear a second beep for video reset.
  3. Continue to hold the Power button and after about another 5 seconds you will hear a quick double beep. At that point release the Power button. If you succeeded in activating Safe Mode, you will see a message on the screen saying, "Connect the controller using a USB cable and then press the PS button."

safemode1.jpg
  4. Connect a USB cable to the controller and the PLAYSTATION 3 and press the PS button to enter Safe Mode.
  5. Then you will see the Safe Mode menu.

safemode2.jpg

Step 4: We recommending performing the safe mode options in the following order until one of the options works for you. If one of the options work, do not continue onto the other options.

1. Restore Default Settings
  2. Restore File System
  3. Rebuild Database
  4. Restore PS3 System

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for pointing me to this, Outlaw. I will try it tomorrow. Assuming I don't have to go all the way to the restore PS3 option, what all settings does it reset? Also, does doing a restore erase my game save and data files?