Sopranos Finale

I agree it did suck. When the guy was going to the bathroom at the end I thought it was like a re-creation of the Godfather. I guess the only thing you can say is they left the door open for things to come in the future. I think the song has significance as well, "Don't Stop Believing". I think they will either have a spinoff of some kind, continue even know they say it has ended or even a movie that will end it all. Who knows though?

Wick

I do not think I could possibly be any more pissed off at a series finale. After all the bullshit that has been said about "This is it" , "There will be no more Sopranos after this season", "I think we did everything we could have in a movie in this last season" from David Chase he leaves everything open ended again.

All the drama with the indictment, someone who possibly flipped (my money is on Paulie ) and the appearance of what could have been a hit as they are all eating at the restaraunt at the end does keep me interested but with how long it takes them to actually make the next "possible" episodes or movies, I do not know if I can sustain my interest that long again.

_-Dominion-_ ]

I do not think  I could possibly be any more pissed off at a series finale.   After all the bullshit that has been said about "This is it" ,  "There will be no more Sopranos after this season",  "I think we did everything we could have in a movie in this last season" from David Chase  he leaves everything open ended again.

All the drama with the indictment,  someone who possibly flipped (my money is on Paulie ) and the appearance of what could have been a hit as they are all eating at the restaraunt at the end  does keep me interested but with how long it takes them to actually make the next "possible" episodes or movies,  I do not know if I can sustain my interest that long again.

Don't worry.....you will not have to sustain your interest.  There is NO MORE episodes.   "Made In America" , episode #86 IS the last.  If you listened....it is Carlos who they think has flipped.  Paulie got the big NY construction.  The "open ended atm machine".   Life goes on.  That is what this last episode is about.  IMO   Chase isn't writting this to please anyone.   I'm sure he is laughing his ass off this morning.  I thought it was funny as hell!!  

I loved how Phil got it in the end!!  I knew there was no way to tie up all the story lines to the show in this last episode.  Hell.....it took 8 years to build them up.  Allthough.....I did want to see T bang Melfi!!  That was a bummer.  I will mis Uncle Paulie.  I thought he was gonna shake his pecker at that girl when he unzipped his pants at the table.  What the $%@&!!

Guest NEO-X

Dude, Ive never been an avid watcher of the sopranos. But Im obviously familiar with it.. and what not.

I watch that garbage last night.. and was just like WTF with my mouth wide open..

I dont think there's ever been a bigger WTF in the history of SERIES FINALES. That was hands down the worst one i've ever watched.

I thought something was wrong with my TV.. I checked, the power, the sound..

It was horrible. For such a great show to end in such a horrible whimper is sad.

I actually liked it. Did anyone really think they could pull all the stories together in one episode, hell they couldnt do it in one full season. I liked the finale and thought Chase did a great job of closing it. Leaves a lot of mystery to it, but what did you expect from him? I totally loved the Godfather reference when they showed the guy going into the bathroom....loved that. What would've been great is a loud gunshot as soon as the screen went black .... like was it over.... or was that a power outage and you don't know what happened.

-Rage- ]

I actually liked it. Did anyone really think they could pull all the stories together in one episode, hell they couldnt do it in one full season. I liked the finale and thought Chase did a great job of closing it. Leaves a lot of mystery to it, but what did you expect from him? I totally loved the Godfather reference when they showed the guy going into the bathroom....loved that. What would've been great is a loud gunshot as soon as the screen went black .... like was it over.... or was that a power outage and you don't know what happened.

\

WHAT THE HELL ARE U TALKING ABOUT?... i sucked... i knew that they werent gonna end ALL of the issues... but the only thing they ended was phil's head getting ran over... i mean there was 1 hour to close as many doors ass possible... but they they only closed 1... CRAP!!!

Being a huge Little feat fan, I flipped when I heard this song playing near the end. "All That You Dream"

See lyrics below.

written by Paul Barrére and Bill Payne

I've been down but not like this before

Can't be 'round this kind of show no more

All, all that you dream

Comes through shining silver lining clouds

Clouds change the scene

Rain starts washing all those cautions into your life

Makes you realize just what is true

What else can you do

Just follow the rules

Keep your eyes on the road that's ahead of you

All of the good times were ours

In the land of milk and honey

Time, time adds its scars

Rainy days they turn to sunny ones

Living the life, living the life, loving everyone

The title of this show was "Made In America". Read the lyrics. All of the good times were ours......In the land of milk and honey.

I think Chase was saying...."I had a blast with show" I could be wrong.

I thought it kicked ass!!

T was all business. It was almost like he didn't care that Bobby got clipped. All he cared about was him not having to take care of Janice. Hence.....the meeting with Butchie. "That was my sisters husband....my brother-in-law ya know". He didn't seemed pissed. Kinda.........ohhh by the way. Fix that shit so I don't have to hear her moaning and groaning about $$$.

This show in many ways was deep! But....like I said above. I'll mis you Uncle Paulie!! LOL. WTF!!

Don't forget the song playing when it ends, Journey's Don't stop believing, here are the lyrics to the chorus:

"Everybody wants a thrill

Paying anything to roll the dice

Just one more time

Some will win, some will lose

Some were born to sing the blues

Oh the movie never ends

It goes on and on and on and on "

The next track on that album is "Anyway you want it"

That's some great symbolism if you wanna leave an ending up to your audience :)

LOL how many of you checked your cable at the end. Or thought someone sat on the TV remote. LOL

I thought it was good. It left the ending up to the viewer. Plus what kind of ending were you guys looking for? Really? For tony to be killed or for him to go insane and kill everyone else or for him to go into witness protection. Seriously what could have been a better ending? Come on guys imagine.

_-Dominion-_ ]

My whole problem with it is that it wasn't an ending. An ending is supposed to be concrete in my opinion, not open ended.

Oh so you need to have closure. Well think about it to yourself and try to think how a certain ending could make it concrete for you. Honestly I don't think there is any ending that I can think of that would be concrete in my mind. Especially right now. They would have to go through another season at least to have closure in my mind. I really think this was the best ending they could have done.

_-Dominion-_ ]

This was not an ending. It was a lame ass cop-out on David Chase's behalf. I don't think he could decide how he wanted things to turn out so he decided to not make those decisions at all which is a bitch move.

Dominion I am not asking about what he did. I am asking what YOU would do different. Give me some idea because I don't think he could have done it differently to please everyone. And I don't think it is a "Bitch" move. I think it was a peotic ending.

Oh and I think your right osama. I also heard there might be a prequel of how tony got into the mob business.

What I would have done.....lets see.

1) He dragged the tensions between Phil and Tony way too long. Phil getting whacked in the final episode was probably needed but the violence between the two families could have started alot sooner than it did.

2) The season started with that arrest on the gun charge and slowly dissappeared from the story until....the last episode......If you are trying to end your series why bring that up along with the possiblility of a turncoat when you are supposed to be tying up the loose ends, not making more of them.

3) Did we really need to see as much of AJ in the last episode as we did? They turned his character into a whiny ass and spent too much time dealing with him. I really could care less if he is going to bang that high school chick or not or if he gets a job or joins the armed services. His character was by far, the least favorite for me out of the entire cast.

Thats about all I can think of at this present time.

_-Dominion-_ ]

What I would have done.....lets see.

1) He dragged the tensions between Phil and Tony way too long.  Phil getting whacked in the final episode was probably needed but the violence between the two families could have started alot sooner than it did.

2) The season started with that arrest on the gun charge and slowly dissappeared from the story until....the last episode......If you are trying to end your series why bring that up along with the  possiblility of a  turncoat when you are supposed to be tying up the loose ends, not making more of them. 

3) Did we really need to see as much of AJ in the last episode as we did?  They turned his character into a whiny ass and spent too much time dealing with him.  I really could care less if he is going to bang that high school chick or not  or if he gets a job or joins the armed services.   His character was by far,  the least favorite for me out of the entire cast.

Thats about all I can think of at this present time.

I think the reason he harps on AJ is to show you the future. Remember back to the episode "The Second Coming". This when AJ flips out and goes crazy. Sorta like his dad. They are for shadowing that AJ is gonna be the next Tony. It's being setup to show that he will eventually carry the mob/mental torch. AJ is being slowly dragged into the mob lifestyle. He ends up working for "little carmine". He will want for nothing just as his dad. Now if only we could have gotten Chase to end this thing with Meadow stripping at the BING!!! That would have been awsome!!!

Guest Stealthknight

lol I guess no-one remembers what Tony thought it would be like to get whacked. He talked about it a few times in previous episodes and his general opinion he thought "it would just go black, you wouldnt even hear the gun shot" And if you look around the diner it has 3 different people who have reasons to kill toni inside the diner. So now what do u think happened?