UFC Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir

Brock Lesnar comes out and is destroying Frank Mir hitting him with so many rights he is begganing for a left.

Frank gets a ankle and gets a leg bar and submits Lesnar.

OMG Brock was beating the shit out of him but Mir got lucky.

Brock will be back and will own the heavyweight division with some more experience.

I can't wait.

I don't think LUCK was involved anywhere in that fight. Frank simply has more octagon experience. You could tell that Brock was out of place right from the start. Maybe he should go back to "acting" in the WWE. LMAO! FAKE FAKE FAKE!! :o

WWE come on... If you were offered millions to go act you wouldn't do it? Really...

Brock is a man beast even if you didn't like him in WWE, you can't take away his natural talent as wrestler.

He is just behind the power curve with his Jiu-Jitsu when he gets more Jiu-Jitsu down he will destroy fools.

The heavyweight division in MMA has been a joke, it needs more fighters like Brock and yes even Frank Mir.

Can't wait for the rematch, and or his next fight.

Mir did get lucky on that ankle lock. Like an idiot Lesnar could have done 2 thing's to avoid that lock. When Mir grabbed his foot Lesnar could have sat back and rolled right, he would have slid out of the lock and put him in a great position to regain his feet while leaving Mir face down on the ring floor. 2nd, before Mir pulled up on Lesnar's foot and kicked his knees out, Lesnar could have dropped to his knee and rolled left, forcing Mir to pull and twist on Lesnar's foot underneath his own bodyweight and against the pressure of him and the ring floor. The opportunity in this is that when Lesnar would have hit the ground and rolled, Mir's legs both would have still been in the air.

But as mentioned that's Lesnar's Jui-Jitsu Inexperience. I'm sure Goat can comment further as well.

IMO Mir got lucky of Lesnar's inexperience, he was getting destroyed by Lesnar.

and you guys probley thought NE would win the superbowl too :P ;D

Lesner learned the one thing he needed to learn. Hit just a bit harder so it doesnt make it to the ground..

Oh and BTW..what a joke...No warning...just lets mir up because mir turned his head while broc was beating it senceless. That was a joke call.

Mir didnt get "LUCKY" with that submission. Lesnar should have been more aware of what was going on. He was so stoked about pounding Mir that he wasnt paying any attention to what Mir was setting him up for. If he would have been paying attention he would have felt Mir placing the top of his left foot on the back of Lesnars right knee. Thats what set up the submission.

I think that while they worked on his ground game quite a bit in preperartion for this fight, they worked on his strengths more. You could tell right off that Lesnars game plan was to take him down and hold him down using his wrestling skills and then over power him with his strength. Not a bad game plan at all.

Bottom line, Lesnar is unexperienced and maybe should have trained harder on his submission defenses. Mir's a former champion and has proven that he's deadly on the ground. With alot more training on his ground game Lesnar will be a force in the heavy weight division.

I would love to see Lesnar vs Sylvia. Both are power houses punchers. I think that fight would go the distance.

BTW - Did anyone see who was there to support Lesnar? Pretty desent turnout of wrestlers. And his wife? I didnt know he was married to Sable, but way to go Brock. Fromer playmate, nice.

bunni-rabbit ]

hey Deutscher it was a knee bar not an ankle lock

let me re-review this, I was more caught up in Mir's legs than if he got Lesnar to tap with a knee bar or an ankle lock. It looked like an ankle lock then again I didn't analyze the exact finish, I'll get back to you.

Regardless of whether it was a knee bar or an ankle lock, both escape methods still could have plausibly worked.

Hannibal. ]

Has Broc been picked up anyone?  I mean like the Pat Miletich camp?  Could you imagine if he was taken on by him or another camp?  He is quite the specimen and once he gets the proper training he will be tough and fun to watch.

They said prior to the fight that he had gone the Miletich camp to train for a couple of days. Looked like he might have wanted to add a few more days. Although with the way he was bad mouthing Sylvia I doubt he would hook up with that camp. He would do well to find a camp of that calibur though.

• 9 months later...
SEQUOYAH ]

I don't think LUCK was involved anywhere in that fight. Frank simply has more octagon experience. You could tell that Brock was out of place right from the start. Maybe he should go back to "acting" in the WWE. LMAO! FAKE FAKE FAKE!! :o

I couldnt wait to pop this thread back up LOL....sorry but nothing is fake about this man! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D