Private Servers for Consoles Confirmed: FOR BF3

Don't count BF3 out just yet because it's just getting warmed up!

Karl-Magnus Troedsson, CEO of Battlefield developer DICE, announced at an Electronic Arts event last night that customizable servers would be available for consoles in the future. All active players out there playing on consoles today will now have the opportunity to customize their servers and set them up exactly how they want them to play," said Troedsson. "Now this is a feature that in Battlefield on PC we've had for some time, but it's an absolute first on console. So, we're pretty excited about this." So are we! No more Operation Metro is worth whatever DICE wants to charge. The developer currently has no details on pricing or timetable for availability.

src: http://i.joystiq.com/2012/03/07/battlefield-3-customizable-servers-coming-to-consoles/

Plus were getting 3 New Expansion Packs.....

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/dice-3-new-dlc-expansion-packs-console-servers.4121/

Edited by Outlaw__Rebel

What are they talking about when they mention "pricing" Some of our guys seem to think they are gonna charge for the servers like they do on a PC. But I've never heard of that practice on a console before, so I'm thinking the pricing means future DLC to coinside with the servers.

Hopefully they release the private servers sooner than later. But I cannot wait until the armored kill expansion pack. I love vehicle battles.

Oh I agree. TNU will be purchasing a server immediately lol. Finally BF3 = a competetive game!!!!

sent from my Rooted DX2 w/ Eclipse ROM using tapatalk

Wrath;848422']How much is it on PC

...In the world where I once existed.

Honestly Idk... Either way it most likely wont be as much' date=' i'm sure they will want to break it easy to the ps3 because were not used to paying for such things lmao..[/b']

Hopefully they release the private servers sooner than later. But I cannot wait until the armored kill expansion pack. I love vehicle battles.

Oh I agree. TNU will be purchasing a server immediately lol. Finally BF3 = a competetive game!!!!

How would they even charge for servers on a console? I wouldn't think it would be as easy as selling DLC. But I really have no idea. How is it done on the PC?

sent from my Rooted DX2 w/ Eclipse ROM using tapatalk

Why would they charge for private servers?

Why does every game nowadays charge for every little thing that should have been put in the $60 game in the first place.

I'm totally with you Blood. That was partly why I was asking questions. There is no need to charge for every little thing on a game. I don't believe Starhawk is charging for their servers. Confrontation didn't.

I really hope the whole "pricing" thing is being taken out of context. And that they mean pricing because it is gonna be released with DLC.

But I guess we'll see. Because this game is really good and popular and they know it. So they know, as Activision does, they have gamers by the short hairs.

Honestly Idk... Either way it most likely wont be as much, i'm sure they will want to break it easy to the ps3 because were not used to paying for such things lmao..

I'm looking at the site for BF3 PC servers 16players a month 20.75$, 32players 41.85$ a month. 16 is the lowest.

...In the world where I once existed.