Tom Petty - Halftime

Superbowl, and American tradition and damn near its own holiday.

Tom Petty, a talented and gracious American songwriter.

Damn, I REALLY liked that performance. I'm not a "die-hard" Petty fan by any means, though I do enjoy his music. However, I REALLY liked the vibe of that halftime show. It was a great set, some good songs, and what was remarkably absent was the "need" to inject some young talent in there like Spears or Aguilera or some collaboration with Fall Out Boy or something, simply to engage the younger audience. I hate that. When Aerosmith did it, it could have been a great halftime show, but then they brought everyone else on there with them, like Aerosmith COULDN'T carry America's attention or something.

My favorite halftime show since it aired and anytime before or after it was U2. I thought that one was incredible. Petty here did a good job creating another great show. It was nice not to have to see any forced gratuitous BS in there. Just music. Good show. Great stage.

LOVED it.

.APOCALYP5E. ]

yea the Heart beat was REALLY cool..anypne catch the pre-kick show? Alicia Keys was HOT! mmmmmmmm what i would do to them THIGHS!

APOC...keep dreaming ::)

And I agree with you Tow, that was an amazing half-time show. Tom Petty and the Heart Breakers has been my favorite band for as long as I can remember. I remember being 3, 4, and 5 when my family first started visiting the US from Germany riding in the car singing Free Fallin'

This was by far the best Half-Time performance I've seen, yes even topping U2, but then again I'm biased because like I said they're my favorite band. The performance was really upbeat, it was strong, Petty's vocals were very clear unlike Rolling Stones a couple year's ago. The set-list was a very good choice and was quite pleasant while not being too overbearing at the same time.

This being Tom Petty's FIRST corporate performance ever, it's something special, I hope everyone enjoyed it, I know I sure as hell did!

Guest Stealthknight

after the jackson incident that have toned down the half time shows tremendously. While i did like petty during the halftime show and think he was a great choice to showcase the AMERICAN game. The set list fit the occasion and they did a good job. that being said i do miss having some energy on stage. The stage lighting up is not enough and while i dont expect petty and the heartbreakers to be jumping on amps. Some more energy from the performers would be nice.

ShadowOfaSolja ]

after the jackson incident that have toned down the half time shows tremendously. While i did like petty during the halftime show and think he was a great choice to showcase the AMERICAN game. The set list fit the occasion and they did a good job. that being said i do miss having some energy on stage. The stage lighting up is not enough and while i dont expect petty and the heartbreakers to be jumping on amps. Some more energy from the performers would be nice.

Oh how I agree, it was nice but lack luster. Perhaps you old fockers liked it because it made you feel relevant again but to me it was BORING!

ShadowOfaSolja ]

let's have another ZZ Top performance haha