You be the judge!

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Guest H.A.V.0.C

I have a friend in the Los Angeles county sheriff department. And he says it's legal, but I say thats some BS! I tried to find the whole story, but couldn't. Maybe some one else can. Anyways man I would be VERY upset as a husband. This is all of the story I was able to get.

http://s136.photobucket.com/albums/q170/havoc38/?action=view&current=6b7aa69febc7e5bfbd9b2d68a777de72_co.flv

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Stealthknight

Yeah that was just completely un-necessary. Im guessing there is more to the story because if they actually conducted the search SOLEY based on her asking a question "Now or Ever?" when asked about thinking about harming herself or having sharp objects. If that was the only reason I would definitely say she is doing the right thing by conducting a law suit.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

yea Lol that reminds me onetime i was having a party and i got the cops called on me for music being too loud.....so i said "one minute officer, tell me if this volume is acceptable" i walked away and put that song on LOL the look on their faces LoL

I love how you guys say "fuck the police" or my personal favorite "hang the police". Next time someone is breaking into your house and about to rape and murder your family...don't call 911, TAKE CARE OF IT YOUR FUCKING SELF!!! Next time someone steals your car....don't call a cop, GO FIND IT BY YOUR FUCKING SELF!!!

In fact, don't waste the time of people who risk their lives everyday, for little money, for strangers. If you feel you don't like or need the police, then do us all a favor....DON'T FUCKING BOTHER US!!! There are plenty of people out there who do appreciate us.

I can't view the link for some reason, but I assume by your lovely comments it is one bad cop abusing his power. I can't deny the fact their are definitely a small percent of bad cops out there, but most cops are out there everyday committed to helping people who they don't even know. Next time you see a police officer do his or her job, say "Thank you". Who the fuck do think is guarding the front lines here in the U.S. against terrorism...IT'S THE POLICE!!!

You only get one side of that story. The search was legal and was not cruel what made it so bad was because the woman was not doing what she was told. If she would have just done what the deputy said to do then it would have been smooth and without so many people. If that would have been a guy he would have been pepper sprayed and beaten. The only thing I did not see was why they arrested her unless they are trying to say she gave them a fake ID which is a felony. But that search was not that bad she just would not listen.

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa
IrshZ28 ]

I love how you guys say "fuck the police" or my personal favorite "hang the police". Next time someone is breaking into your house and about to rape and murder your family...don't call 911, TAKE CARE OF IT YOUR FUCKING SELF!!! Next time someone steals your car....don't call a cop, GO FIND IT BY YOUR FUCKING SELF!!!

In fact, don't waste the time of people who risk their lives everyday, for little money, for strangers. If you feel you don't like or need the police, then do us all a favor....DON'T FUCKING BOTHER US!!! There are plenty of people out there who do appreciate us.

I can't view the link for some reason, but I assume by your lovely comments it is one bad cop abusing his power. I can't deny the fact their are definitely a small percent of bad cops out there, but most cops are out there everyday committed to helping people who they don't even know. Next time you see a police officer do his or her job, say "Thank you". Who the fuck do think is guarding the front lines here in the U.S. against terrorism...IT'S THE POLICE!!!

Wow bro...Im sorry if I offended you...I really am...but around here the police do shit just because they can...my heart goes out to all the real Heroes...The Cops that want to be cops to help people, and not bust peoples balls to make their quota...i actually want to be a cop once i get out of the Navy.....because the world needs good police like you and the ones that you speak of.....we dont need the ones who do it for the money...we need the ones who do it because they care.......unfortunately i dont run into many of those....I always am given a hard time for NO reason...IVE never done drugs....or been convicted of anything yet im always being embarrassed in front of my friends...and on one Occasion my family...in school.....it has happened plenty of times......and every time they have come up empty handed and have accomplished nothing but making me look bad and wasting both of our time......so i do have something against those cops....but like i said to the cops who are on the job for the job because they love their community my hat is off to them...to the other ones like the ones i have previously described, i say Fuck em...

IrshZ28, dude don't let those type of comments bother you.  It's the same with the military, 130,000 servicemembers in Iraq and one of them commits a rape and murder, the whole military get's painted with the same brush by people who don't have a clue as to what they are talking about.  Sometimes 3 months of bootcamp doesn't fix 18 years of piss poor parenting, because we don't teach rape, murder, or theft in our bootcamps.  The same is true for police academies, sometimes a turd get's through the system.  Doesn't mean the whole organization is tainted.

But in the video, there were two male officers helping strip search a female detainee, and for that I hope she wins her lawsuit against those two officers and the department/county they work for.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

1. when asked for i.d. the woman provided one that was not hers. dead sister or not, that became probable cause. the police had every right to take her into custody. i am sure that they have heard a lot of fake i.d. stories.

2. what happened before the police pinned her down and stripped her? did she strike an officer? was she combative? if so, they have the right to restrain her, forcefully if need be.

3. if the police believed she was a threat to herself, they would have removed her clothing and all blankets from the cell taking away any and all means of hanging herself.

4. i have spent a few days in my life i a jail cell, and trust me, no matter what i was doing at the time, i was always the "victim" until proven otherwise.

i agree 100% - if you said "fuck the police" i pray that you never need them. they work hard, and put themselves in harms way for the public on a daily basis. i am not saying all cops do the right thing, but based on 3 minutes of cut up video, i dont know how anybody can form an honest opinion on what ACTUALLY took place.

Ok, I watched that shit.

1: I don't know the whole story so I won't say that the cops were out of line or the woman was being belligerent. What I CAN see is that the cops didn't look like they had any gang-mentality on her. To me, it seemed like they were trying to conduct their search as calmly as possible. They weren't yelling at her. They weren't joking. They weren't laughing. The guys on there did not seem like they were enjoying themselves and they were VERY informed that a camera was there, which I'm sure would make even the most CORRUPT cop perform on his best behavior.

It does look pretty crude and almost barbaric, but we don't know the exact story behind HER either.

As for the way it was portrayed that "it took SEVEN officers to hold her down," making it seem like they were just ganging up on her, hopefully the media ALSO portrays it as some woman, potentially a very righteous, self-entitled woman (like I said, WHO knows....), was resisting at certain points, and it's certainly easier to conduct the search in a CALM manner with more help to hold her down than it would be for, say, just 2-3 female officers trying to secure every flailing leg, arm, nail, tooth and head butt.

Just playing devil's advocate......because I feel that what is on that video is probably about 15% of the whole story.

Good points Tow, and you hit the nail on we don't know the whole story.

I do have a hang up with male officers helping strip searching a female prisoner.  I think anyone with a mother, wife, or daughter would have a problem with such a practice.

I would have been perfectly OK with female officers stepping back, and if needed tasing the prisoner into compliance.  Police shouldn't put themselves in needless danger.  They have tools to help them and should use them when needed.  Tasing and pepper spray seem to work well.

Anyone remember the video a while back, a teenage girl was trying to bite a police officer, and he pepper sprayed the snot out of her?  It happened locally and I don't know if it hit the national media. Good for that police officer, I would have sprayed her too.

I've been arrested, I had two responses to questions or orders put to me, "yes sir" and "no sir".  Spent the night in jail without a strip search, in a cell alone, and was released the next morning.  I almost posted earlier but didn't want to stir the pot, but if you are being put under arrest, you are going to be put under arrest.  No matter how much help needs to be called to make it happen, it's gonna happen.  So showing your attitude (in this case) or your ass (in countless other cases) is ill advised.  You are not just gonna walk away from it.  Put up your fight in the courtroom among a jury of your peers.

Guest Stealthknight

yes, also the only other thing that made me un-nerved was that she seemed unaware that a strip search was in progress as if there was no information given to her about what was going on. Hence her saying "What are you doing?!"

As i said earlier IF the story is true and it was only to a response to the question asked of her and her answer then i believe what happened was completely un-necessary.

I keep trying to post this and it says i already posted it... wtf