Does UF and UF clans have any interest in Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

With less than two months to release and a beta incoming very soon, I thought there would be some interest in this title here as a competitive option. Is this a game UF plans to support like ya'll do for Cod? Are any UF clans also interested in this game?

I see all this talk about Starhawk and it only comes out two weeks before GR. Is that really the direction UF is going? UF seems to be pushing this game pretty hard and man I just don't see it. A cartoony looking sci fi game? Are UF clans even interested in Starhawk?

Anyways Ghost Recon just seems like the natural next game to play competitively, and I was just curious on UF's plans for it and if other UF clans are interested in it. Or is Starhawk UF's only interest for new title's?

Some GRFS info

8v8

Private Matches

3rd Person Perspective

4 Game Types

10 Maps at launch

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1EQeTkdyoc?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" height="360" width="640"></object>

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Directors

It is on our radar, but testing will have to be done before we roll anything out like many titles... We are not going to rush out anything until it is fully tested, we do not want a repeat of MW3. Currently we have fully tested Starhawk and Battlefield 3 is under way.

GR3 will be next.

• Directors

We really look for the following when it comes to a tournament title:

1. Clan Management
  2. Private Room abilities
  3. A way to get everyone on the same side before matches start

Now we finally got this from MW3, but in BF3 we are lacking the third and trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

So hopefully GR3 will have these options even though Option 1 is not as important as 2 and 3.

We really look for the following when it comes to a tournament title:

1. Clan Management
  2. Private Room abilities
  3. A way to get everyone on the same side before matches start

Now we finally got this from MW3, but in BF3 we are lacking the third and trying to figure out the best way to handle this.

So hopefully GR3 will have these options even though Option 1 is not as important as 2 and 3.

Not to change the subject, but I will, but didn't BF3 private paid servers fix everything?

• Directors
Not to change the subject, but I will, but didn't BF3 private paid servers fix everything?

Kind of, one if the issues I am seeing is that the party system is still flawed, so getting a whole clan on the right side before the match starts is a challenge... what I would do for a Green up button

I am a huge fan of the GRAW series, but the old games didn't make for good Private Match Play for competition. I hope that this game provides a better option for private competitive matches than the first 2. Then we can tap into the large community of GRAW gamers to make sure UF can get a large enough field of competitors to run some leagues.

We are a gaming site, don't get so hung up that we are just looking for one game to run on anymore. Once more games become more friendly to private warring, you will see them added in different events.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nice to see some clans are interested.

AC are you saying that UF can hold tourneys for Cod,BF3,Starhawk, and GR all at the same time? Unless you secretly have like 30 clans no one knows about ready to walk through the door here won't this be an issue? Cod is a pretty popular game and I see only 6 clans have signed up for your current tourney. Is the future here several tourneys with like 4 clans playing in each one? Obviously ideally you want 16 or so clans for every tourney but is that really a realistic possibility here at UF, where there are only about 20-30 clans total? I'm just concerned that is what will happen. I must not be seeing the big picture though, so what am I not getting?

@ruthless - the new games are starting to put back the abilities that make team and competitive matches possible for how we like to setup our events. You are correct to a degree, but now we have more options and therefore more chances to offer Old UF and New UF gamers competitive events. This means we can now have events we can more heavily promote and bring in new like minded mature gamers to add to the great group of gamers and clans that are already here.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Nice to see some clans are interested.

AC are you saying that UF can hold tourneys for Cod,BF3,Starhawk, and GR all at the same time? Unless you secretly have like 30 clans no one knows about ready to walk through the door here won't this be an issue? Cod is a pretty popular game and I see only 6 clans have signed up for your current tourney. Is the future here several tourneys with like 4 clans playing in each one? Obviously ideally you want 16 or so clans for every tourney but is that really a realistic possibility here at UF, where there are only about 20-30 clans total? I'm just concerned that is what will happen. I must not be seeing the big picture though, so what am I not getting?

UF ahd about 16 clans sign up for SOCOM 4 when that first dropped. We all know how that ended. And I don't blame UF.

We need a damn next gen game with the clan support and lobbies that Confrontation had. IMO, the only thing that was good about that game.

• Directors

We need a damn next gen game with the clan support and lobbies that Confrontation had. IMO, the only thing that was good about that game.

I am not sure about GR3 yet but so far the only game that has that so far is Starhawk, that was one of the reasons we added it to our list. We can only hope and pray that SOF Studios and/or Takedown

put out the shooter like we want.

• Directors

Until we get our hands on it we can not say either way, the only reason we can say for sure on Starhawk is because of extensive testing in the beta and behind the scenes at the studio.

Guest Attitude
On bf3 you guys didn't see the match setup features that are coming? It's works with the Battlelog and the private servers. I think it's less then a month away.
You can also obtain a Beta code by pre-ordering at Gamestop, and Irish beat me to the post. We will be keeping our fingers crossed that GR can bail us out of S4.

• 1 month later...

Still nothing? 8 days away. Private matches have long been confirmed. Ubi has repeatedly stated in private matches you can only change the map,gametype, and duration.

I've never seen UF hype a game like they did with Starhawk and only got 6 clans? I'm just concerned this is the future. Many different games supported, but watered down tourneys with 4 clans each.

• Directors
Still nothing? 8 days away. Private matches have long been confirmed. Ubi has repeatedly stated in private matches you can only change the map,gametype, and duration.

I've never seen UF hype a game like they did with Starhawk and only got 6 clans? I'm just concerned this is the future. Many different games supported, but watered down tourneys with 4 clans each.

As I have said many times we are not going to announce anything with GR until we have the game in hand and have tested completely, as for the comment about Starhawk, we expect the first few events to be light because the game is less than a week old. We are using the first few events for the Warhawk clans that are still strong to play and get their chance at the unannounced prizes. We also expect once the prizes and such are announced we will have more signups.

But we are also in rebuilding mode, we have moved on and are starting over with new games and new communities, so it's not going to happen overnight.

Ya its the same way with cKs right now. We are just going to wait for it to come out and we will see. I don't think we are ready to fully commit to a game that we just aren't sure about. We made that mistake with S4.

Ya - the --> clan is hoping GRFS catches on. We had a lot of guys pick up the beta and with so many positive reviews from my squad - we're going to make the jump to that game and hope it quenches the SOCOM thirst. Hopefully the game delivers and the UF community embraces the game.