Does UF and UF clans have any interest in Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

• Directors

Good to see you guys still around Bleach, we are def watching it but we are going to completely test this game before we put stock into it... if we don't it would be an injustice to the community. We learned that with Socom 4 and MW3.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see you guys still around Bleach, we are def watching it but we are going to completely test this game before we put stock into it... if we don't it would be an injustice to the community. We learned that with Socom 4 and MW3.

Yah - we're still hanging in there. It's been difficult uniting the clan on one game since SOCOM 4 flopped.

Totally understandable that testing is needed. I'm just hoping this game allows enough customization and match options to facilitate tournament play.

I've never had as much fun playing a game than participating in SOCOM tourneys on PS2/3 with the UF community. If the GRFS allows for a tourney here, you can bet we will be one of the first clans to apply for an invitation.

What is the difference between Starhawk and GRFS as far as the testing goes? You guys were hyping Starhawk before you had your hands on it. There is obviously some interest.

Hell BF3 has been out for months and little to no action has occurred. I am not talking about just using UFGL, there needs to be a structured league or tournament. Surely someone has done ANYTHING. The Private servers work and easily can be used for matches, hell many out there are already doing it. What is the hold up.

What is the difference between Starhawk and GRFS as far as the testing goes? You guys were hyping Starhawk before you had your hands on it. There is obviously some interest.

Hell BF3 has been out for months and little to no action has occurred. I am not talking about just using UFGL, there needs to be a structured league or tournament. Surely someone has done ANYTHING. The Private servers work and easily can be used for matches, hell many out there are already doing it. What is the hold up.

Battlefield 3 tournament details and a timeline will be posted very soon.

As for Ghost Recon, Soulless Korps will be active and will participate in any tournament provided.

• Directors

@Red. Honestly, we've had a playable version of starhawk, and had been working closely with lightbox for quite a while longer than you might imagine. We weren't afforded that kind of access with BF3.

I wish I knew why I bother anymore. BF3 has had private servers for over a month and all that is being done is talk. I assume that is all that will be done with GRFS. Videos and blog posts are made all day, but the one reason Urgent Fury is what it is, WAS for tournaments. And those aren't even offered anymore.

Played the GRFS beta...wasn't impressed. Socom 4 was a more functional TPS in my opinion than the GRFS beta, which should tell you all you need to know. Also I have never liked the over the shoulder type TPS'.

Wow... really!? I feel u couldn't be more wrong. S4 was terrible, and I really enjoyed GRFS! .... most who didn't like the beta only played very little and didn't give it a chance, once I knew what I was doing the game was very fun & competitive. Plus it has clan support, what more can u ask for? Oh full story coop???? :D:eek:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by chiamira

• Directors
I wish I knew why I bother anymore. BF3 has had private servers for over a month and all that is being done is talk. I assume that is all that will be done with GRFS. Videos and blog posts are made all day, but the one reason Urgent Fury is what it is, WAS for tournaments. And those aren't even offered anymore.

You need to understand that adding the Private servers did not make it any better, you still have major issues getting the teams on the right side before the match starts, unless you are looking for a 4 v 4 tournament, but the feedback we have received is that was not wanted.

As for videos that is community members and the blog posts are from PlayStation... and we have plenty of tournaments running... we have Starhawk underway, Sign ups for the Next GT5 Tournament are coming.

Assuming will get you no where.

Ghost Recon will get support if the game works, just like BF3 if there are issues with setting up a private match then its going to take time.

Starhawk worked out of the gate with setting up private matches and we have been working with the game for over 6 months... we don't have that much time invested in Ghost Recon or BF3 for that matter, the private servers were half assed launched only a few months ago.

We are done forcing square pegs in round holes, if it can work then we will work with it, but if we have to spend and hour jumping through hoops just to get the match to start it is not worth putting clans through that.

We think we have a smooth way to make the BF3 matches work but its going to take some practice for the teams to do it not to mention the cost of hosting all of the servers, we got to find the money for that as well. The community surely does not want to pay for it.

• Directors

The difference is about 6 months worth of testing and working hand in hand with the Developer.

And you can refer to my last post about BF3, its far from being an optimal game for a Tournament.

So now unless the developers of a game reach out to you, other title's are just put on the backburner? I know you guys are proud and want to brag everywhere you can that developers are acknowledging you guys and good for ya'll, but it really doesn't mean much to some of us gamers that are here to play and compete in wars and tournaments. And please don't bring up the clan ladders. I want scheduled wars on certain days. You know that old thing "organized wars".

On another note does UF actually try to recruit clans for UF? I don't play cod, but I noticed when another failed tourney happended ya'll ended cod wars. I was just wondering is UF out there pushing tourneys to actual clans and cod sites or are ya'll just expecting clans to come here and compete out of the blue? Just wondering. Hopefully all of this turns around and cod,bf3, and gr tourneys start up.

• Directors
So now unless the developers of a game reach out to you, other title's are just put on the backburner? I know you guys are proud and want to brag everywhere you can that developers are acknowledging you guys and good for ya'll, but it really doesn't mean much to some of us gamers that are here to play and compete in wars and tournaments. And please don't bring up the clan ladders. I want scheduled wars on certain days. You know that old thing "organized wars".

On another note does UF actually try to recruit clans for UF? I don't play cod, but I noticed when another failed tourney happended ya'll ended cod wars. I was just wondering is UF out there pushing tourneys to actual clans and cod sites or are ya'll just expecting clans to come here and compete out of the blue? Just wondering. Hopefully all of this turns around and cod,bf3, and gr tourneys start up.

If you call testing the game completely until we are satisfied that it will properly work with a tournament putting it on the backburner then yes. We are not launching a tournament until the game has been fully vetted and we are confident that we can host a tournament on it.

And though we would love to go to every site out there and recruit, we do not have the man power for that. We used to have a community that supported UF by inviting clans that they played with, well now that all lands on our shoulders and there are not enough shoulders to go around.

We probably will not do anything else for MW3, most clans have moved on and we will wait for BO2 to come out and see if that game is a little more stable than MW3 was.

The point about Starhawk is we were able to fully test it prior to launch, everyone is so focused on the fact that we are running tournaments on Starhawk like its a bad thing... We had to move on to games that provide the structure for tournament play. And when we find a game that works properly in the shooter category we will launch tournaments for it too.

Once we have fully tested a game and we are satisfied with it, we will then announce an event for it. Nothing before that. We will however gladly say that yes we are looking at a game and if it works we will let you know.

Along those lines, I played with the BF3 servers a lot last night to see what I could do to help get the ball running….

Here is what I found, if you go into a an empty server and then friends join on you from the main menu then they will fill in on your side of the team for up to 2 players and then it starts filling in equally to keep the sides balanced (unless you go into PSN chat with clan rep and alternate members joining on there team mates to make sure everyone gets in on the right side), so when we run a tournament for example lets say that it is going to be a best of 3 match for that war, the first map should be a small TDM match with a small time limit so that you can spend 5 minutes getting everyone on the right side, but the problem with this is it will not let you do it is there is an even say 12 v 12 so to solve this we have a odd man like a UF REP to go in as the #13 to counter the even sides, this will allow people to switch teams and get on the right side during the initial small TDM, then you can go into the two Rush maps and Conquest tie breaker or whatever the game is set up as……this worked pretty well last night messing around….just a thought..

• Directors

Well I must say that I was expecting more from the game, but at least it looks like setting up a private match is pretty straight forward, does not auto launch. and its 8 v 8.

Now keep in mind I only played around with it initial for a few minutes to get a feel for it and though it is great that all of the weapons are unlocked, I do not see it giving you the ability to save your loadout, now that is just stupid.

So right away we will need to plan for giving the teams time to do their loadout.

Maps are not too large and there are 10 maps with 4 modes so that will give us a good variety, but only one mode is non respawn from the looks of it.

Things that need to be tested or verified:

• How many members can you put in your Squad (clan)
  • When setting the room to invite only can more than just the host invite people (I know it was in the beta but I do not remember)
  • How many can be in a party
  • How simple is it to have your party join a private match

• Directors
Well its a start.

Agreed, and as it looks right now on the surface, we can most likely us it... let's get some clans to start testing the private match functions heavily, and give us true honest feedback

• Directors

I agree as well. We need some sort of high speed tourny beta test

• Directors

We have already beat GB to the punch once with starhawk, let's do that shit again

• Directors
Probably beat GB because this is a PS exclusive..... very small audience ... not worth their time.

#justsayin

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Actually they are doing a $20 K tournament for Starhawk latter this year, I believe in the Fall Season.

Our Prizes for this year are only going to be around the $5k mark give or take for value.

• Directors

It does have some clan support, I have not messed with it much yet cause I have been playing the campaign. It is a very simplistic private match system. But looks like it is quite usable.

Its 6v6 not 8v8, the other spots are only there for asymmetrical play(4v8 or 5vs7 etc.)

6 people to a party

32 to a clan

We played in a full private match last night with no issues.

My only problem with the game is siege. Its only best of 3 which is too short and alive players can talk to dead players. A lot of people are complaning about it on Ubi forum so hopefully these will change soon.