Does UF and UF clans have any interest in Ghost Recon Future Soldier?

• Directors

If it works yes, currently there are issues with servers and I yet to have been able to connect into a single multiplayer match personally. But I know others have been able too. But we are not going to be pushed in to releasing a tournament until we are ready.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Directors

ive connected. and it plays pretty well, but ive not tested room layouts, just jumped in and killed

Wow so our hopes of a GR tourney are riding on your personal experience? There was one day of server issues and the game has been out a week. There is no way you are even trying to play this game if your going to say you have never been able to get in a match. That is the biggest bs I have ever heard.

Seems to me like you dont personally like GR and don't want to invest the time and resources in it. This is exactly what I have a problem with. Ya'll aren't capable of running quality tourneys for multiple games at once.

• Directors
Wow so our hopes of a GR tourney are riding on your personal experience? There was one day of server issues and the game has been out a week. There is no way you are even trying to play this game if your going to say you have never been able to get in a match. That is the biggest bs I have ever heard.

Seems to me like you dont personally like GR and don't want to invest the time and resources in it. This is exactly what I have a problem with. Ya'll aren't capable of running quality tourneys for multiple games at once.

This is the perfect example of the BS we have to deal with daily, yes I have tried several times to get in, I personally have not been able to get in the game on multiplayer... One night I even had Viper with me and it was getting extremely frustrating.

If you want to make assumptions let me clear it up for you:

Here are the current priorities:

• Starhawk Tournament
  • BF3 Tournament
  • GT5 Tournament
  • GFRS Tournament
  • E3 Meetings

I am sorry we are not moving fast enough for you, but we have a set plan and we are following it. If that is not good enough for you, we are not going to ever make you happy.

Ok I guess I will just take your word that you are trying desperately to play GR, but you just can't get into a room. Even though my clan can find a room just fine even with a 6 man party. Guess we are just lucky. Hope you eventually get to play the game, and I hope you like it, so maybe one day we can have a tourney.

I'm sure we won't get a watered down tourney run by people that know nothing about the game.

Have you been able to set up a room, and start and finish a game without ANY issues? A 6v6 game?

It might help to pass on this information to the people here at UF. Instead of telling them how much they suck. Might help us all. I thought this still was a gamers "community".

I haven't heard anything positive or negative about this game or Starhawk for that matter. Usually when a game is great you guys are posting all kinds of reviews and raves or rants. So I have not bought either because most games are hyped up and people buy them because of that. And a month later no ones playing.

BF3 for example... 79k players are playing that game nightly and I'm one of them no hype.

Have you been able to set up a room, and start and finish a game without ANY issues? A 6v6 game?

It might help to pass on this information to the people here at UF. Instead of telling them how much they suck. Might help us all. I thought this still was a gamers "community".

What are you talking about? I would never tell someone they suck, don't put words in my mouth. Are we not able to post our concerns about anything? Are we just suppose to assume UF is going to do something? Because that hasn't really worked out lately. I feel a need to speak up because I don't feel like anything will happen here. You used to be able to know quality tourneys are going to happen, but that is not the case anymore. I don't want to wait months to play something here.

As for your original question of course. I have hosted a 6v6 room and seen no issues, but it doesn't matter because shane has to see for himself, if he can ever get into a match.

Also you said this is still a gamers community? Where are the gamers then? This place used to have a ton of activity, now not so much. Why is that?

What are you talking about? I would never tell someone they suck, don't put words in my mouth. Are we not able to post our concerns about anything? Are we just suppose to assume UF is going to do something? Because that hasn't really worked out lately. I feel a need to speak up because I don't feel like anything will happen here. You used to be able to know quality tourneys are going to happen, but that is not the case anymore. I don't want to wait months to play something here.

As for your original question of course. I have hosted a 6v6 room and seen no issues, but it doesn't matter because shane has to see for himself, if he can ever get into a match.

Also you said this is still a gamers community? Where are the gamers then? This place used to have a ton of activity, now not so much. Why is that?

OK, your right. But when you say, "This is exactly what I have a problem with. Ya'll aren't capable of running quality tourneys for multiple games at once.", it basically sounds like the same thing. But all I'm sayin' is, if you want a tourney for this game provide constructive feedback about the game. Also, spread the word about UF. Shane, and the small staff here cannot do the promoting all alone.

And you also have to remember. It wasn't a matter of UF not being "capable of running quality tourneys". The games lately have not been designed for tournament gaming. Not SOCOM 4, not MW3, and not BF3. None of these games work under current conditions. Or if they do now, it was months after release and the interest in those games is gone. A lot of clans here can attest to that.

It has been hard enough to keep clans together with the crap lately. Let alone an entire tournament site.

Edited by IRISH BULL

This site is driven by clans, the clans used to be driven by this tournament site. You don't think there could be a compromise reached. Activity was driven by hype and speculation, usually by the tournament directors involved. Now there is only speculation if anything is even going to happen. Yes there is some criticism about how things are going here, yes the games provided lately have been less then desirable. But lets be realistic, you either evolve or you cease to exist. Start evolving, the clans here have started adapting to what the gaming climate has provided. Pretty soon other tournament sites will catch onto this, then UF is no longer the niche it used to be.

This is only to heed as a warning, we want this to work, but when there isn't any progress skepticism ensues.

First - I play 6v6 all the time whether I'm gunning by myself or in a party with the clan - takes us seconds to find games. I've experienced little to no lag issues and have only been booted a handful of times - I've logged close to 40 hours on the game.

This game relies HEAVILY on teamwork which is usually a recipe for success within the UF community and tourneys. I believe this game is what SOCOMers were looking for and I think any true SOCOM fan should run out and pick this game up - you won't be disappointed. If this game was heavily marketed with a tourney - you would see more "hype" on the forums. I think the SOCOM fans finally have a game to play - now we just need the tourney :)

Finally - prob shouldn't bash the directors of the site or their community - It wouldn't motivate me to give you the tourney you want if I were them.

Edited by Bleach

• Directors
First - I play 6v6 all the time whether I'm gunning by myself or in a party with the clan - takes us seconds to find games. I've experienced little to no lag issues and have only been booted a handful of times - I've logged close to 40 hours on the game.

This game relies HEAVILY on teamwork which is usually a recipe for success within the UF community and tourneys. I believe this game is what SOCOMers were looking for and I think any true SOCOM fan should run out and pick this game up - you won't be disappointed. If this game was heavily markted with a tourney - you would see more "hype" on the forums. I think the SOCOM fans finally have a game to play - now we just need the tourney :)

Finally - prob shouldn't bash the directors of the site or their community - It wouldn't motivate me to give you the tourney you want if I were them.

Bleach its ok, gotten used to it... I have enjoyed the Single player, even enjoyed the beta... we see the potential, still think its nuts that you cannot save your load outs for private matches, we are going to have to add an extra 10 minutes for that.

I and from what I understand simular to Starhawk a random amount of players are having issues with getting online... I get failed to connect when I try to do matchmaking or try to join friends.

We will continue to work on it over the next couple of weeks to get our parameters set for it. Irish mentioned that they are working on the connectivity issues already so that is a good sign.

I'm really shocked you have those connection issues! In the beta - I had connection issues all the time and it was really annoying. From my experience - it's been 99% perfect in terms on internet connection since launch. Hopefully your connection issues get resolved b/c you're missing a very fun experience!

As for the extra 10 min - I agree that sux about loadouts but I remember a 10 or 15 min grace period in previous tourneys neway...

OK, your right. But when you say, "This is exactly what I have a problem with. Ya'll aren't capable of running quality tourneys for multiple games at once.", it basically sounds like the same thing. But all I'm sayin' is, if you want a tourney for this game provide constructive feedback about the game. Also, spread the word about UF. Shane, and the small staff here cannot do the promoting all alone.

And you also have to remember. It wasn't a matter of UF not being "capable of running quality tourneys". The games lately have not been designed for tournament gaming. Not SOCOM 4, not MW3, and not BF3. None of these games work under current conditions. Or if they do now, it was months after release and the interest in those games is gone. A lot of clans here can attest to that.

It has been hard enough to keep clans together with the crap lately. Let alone an entire tournament site.

Spread the word about UF? How so? Say One day they might offer a tourney for GR? I'll wait until I actually see something first. I'll gladly help spread the word if a quality tourney is offered. But if its something's offered like they are doing with Starhawk, there is no point.

This game relies HEAVILY on teamwork which is usually a recipe for success within the UF community and tourneys. I believe this game is what SOCOMers were looking for and I think any true SOCOM fan should run out and pick this game up - you won't be disappointed. If this game was heavily marketed with a tourney - you would see more "hype" on the forums. I think the SOCOM fans finally have a game to play - now we just need the tourney :)

Agreed, I play a lot as well and see little issues. As for being critical of the site, I don't want to be. I would rather just play than be typing here at all, but I care about it so I'm going to speak up. I don't believe people deserve a pat on the head for doing nothing. These people come up with a lot of excuses and little results lately. Bf3 players are still waiting for anything and its been 7+ months. I don't want that to happen to this game as well. I also know they could care less what I have been saying, but I know that I at least tried and offered my opinion. I don't believe me being critical effects whether they run a tourney or not. If they are going to drag their feet they will drag their feet whether I complain about it or not. Did I miss something in the past year and half that is suppose to convince me that quality tourneys are still offered here?

Ghost Recon is the best competitive game I have played since Confrontation. Tourneys and events were non stop back then. Now we have to cross our fingers that the people making tourneys here just actually play the game.

Wow, Ruthless. You seem to know everything, so why not do it yourself? Go on, we will wait for you.

Battlefield is not a good game for a tournament. We are going to make it work, but it is going to require alot of extra bs, that is probably going to get messed up by someone, sometime along the way, which of course will lead to disputes. But hey, we've just been sitting around. Hell nobody on staff even plays Battlefield, but I think I can wing it. 7+ months. Ok. If you say so. Apparently you have a hole drilled into the Staff section and see everything that is being discussed there. You've found it out. All we've been doing is playing words with Friends and making fun on people. Not one single discussion about how to make these games work.

Finally a game comes out that looks to be what people have been waiting for, and you want it all rushed. Nice. Shane and others have told you multiple times that GR is being worked on. What more do you want? I know, you want to piss and moan and lay it at the feet of UF that we haven't had a tournament ready game in a long time. It's all our fault. Hell it's our fault too that many clans have virtually fallen apart in this same time frame. Is that what you want?

• Directors
I think what we all want is more information coming down the pipe rather then silence. Give us something to be excited about to get our troops ready. Speculation does us nothing.

In Honor of Socom:

In the coming weeks you will hear about UF Aftershock and UF Nexus

Wow, Ruthless. You seem to know everything, so why not do it yourself? Go on, we will wait for you.

Battlefield is not a good game for a tournament. We are going to make it work, but it is going to require alot of extra bs, that is probably going to get messed up by someone, sometime along the way, which of course will lead to disputes. But hey, we've just been sitting around. Hell nobody on staff even plays Battlefield, but I think I can wing it. 7+ months. Ok. If you say so. Apparently you have a hole drilled into the Staff section and see everything that is being discussed there. You've found it out. All we've been doing is playing words with Friends and making fun on people. Not one single discussion about how to make these games work.

Finally a game comes out that looks to be what people have been waiting for, and you want it all rushed. Nice. Shane and others have told you multiple times that GR is being worked on. What more do you want? I know, you want to piss and moan and lay it at the feet of UF that we haven't had a tournament ready game in a long time. It's all our fault. Hell it's our fault too that many clans have virtually fallen apart in this same time frame. Is that what you want?

Its nice to see a staff member actually exists. Which staff members are working on GR?

Anyways almost every tourney is going to have issues and disputes. That seems like a weak excuse not to have a tourney for bf3 people.

Link me to where I am told GR tourneys are being worked on and I'll go away. Maybe I missed it, all I saw was shane saying he isn't doing anything for GR until he tests the game. And since he hasn't been able to get into a match, despite trying very often for 9 days, I don't see that as confirmation of anything. I'll stop posting and let ya'll get back to your several month long private discussions about possible tourneys.

The game hasn't even been out two weeks. But back on topic since we were side tracked with useless critiques.

I was having very little server issues while playing the past three nights. Maybe 2-3 times I was booted. But I haven't had a chance to try the private room function yet. I'm actually still learning things about this game every day.

I will say this though. This is the best game I have played in loooong time. I drained my controller almost empty due to playing so much. That hasn't happened in long time. And I was on until midnight last night even though my alarm was set to 3:30am. I didn't want to shut the game off.

But even with respawn modes, the game focuses totally on tactics. And the non-respawn mode reminds me totally of SOCOM. There needs to be more game modes that are non-respawn though. The mic's aren't perfect, but they are still damn good. I personally have not experience any lag what so ever. It would be nice to have larger parties and rooms, but it isn't a game killer.

To address the title of this thread, "Does UF and UF clans have any interest in Ghost Recon Future Soldier?" Simply put, Hell yes! IMO, BF3 is the band-aid for the wounds caused by SOCOM 4 and MW3. GRFS is the cure.

The game hasn't even been out two weeks. But back on topic since we were side tracked with useless critiques.

I was having very little server issues while playing the past three nights. Maybe 2-3 times I was booted. But I haven't had a chance to try the private room function yet. I'm actually still learning things about this game every day.

I will say this though. This is the best game I have played in loooong time. I drained my controller almost empty due to playing so much. That hasn't happened in long time. And I was on until midnight last night even though my alarm was set to 3:30am. I didn't want to shut the game off.

But even with respawn modes, the game focuses totally on tactics. And the non-respawn mode reminds me totally of SOCOM. There needs to be more game modes that are non-respawn though. The mic's aren't perfect, but they are still damn good. I personally have not experience any lag what so ever. It would be nice to have larger parties and rooms, but it isn't a game killer.

To address the title of this thread, "Does UF and UF clans have any interest in Ghost Recon Future Soldier?" Simply put, Hell yes! IMO, BF3 is the band-aid for the wounds caused by SOCOM 4 and MW3. GRFS is the cure.

Amen, brother!

disfsk3x14 link=topic=1777.msg22921#msg22921 date=1338732903]

Do you have control to start the match? Only the Leader (Host)

Can you switch sides? In The Lobby Yes

I heard that you cannot save load outs, how does that effect the game? Doesnt effect it much you can edit your loadout that you want to use for the game prior to starting but you need to everytime you make a party

Can you set up any game mode with or non-respawn? no. only siege mode is no respawn

Can you set the number of rounds and time limits for each round? 5 minutes 10minutes 15 minutes 20minutes 25 30 minutes

Can you ban certain weapons? NO

Here is what my guys came up with for private rooms

insert clever line here

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...