Robert Bowling FIRED for having Our Backs:

DAMN! Robert Bowling ~ FIRED! That's fucked up, all because he did NOT want to make us pay for some maps which had already been paid for on behalf of having COD4 and which people only wanted to see and play again on the NEW MW3 ;-( Big Ups, to Robert...for having our BACK!

Here's the Reference Thread...CLICK HERE:

Haha, Bowling doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) that the AAA gaming industry publishing model has nothing whatsoever to do with video games. Anyone who believes Activision, EA or Capcom publishes games because they're gamers and love the interactive entertainment experience needs to think again. They're run by businessmen and investors; these are companies that spend large sums of money figuring out how to make large sums of money, it has nothing to do with creative ingenuity, originality or embracing the dynamic art of video game design. They aren't gamers.

This is why we will never get a game we want from a major developer. Its going to have to be from a no name company. One that doesn't just see dollar signs.

Haha, Bowling doesn't understand (or chooses to ignore) that the AAA gaming industry publishing model has nothing whatsoever to do with video games. Anyone who believes Activision, EA or Capcom publishes games because they're gamers and love the interactive entertainment experience needs to think again. They're run by businessmen and investors; these are companies that spend large sums of money figuring out how to make large sums of money, it has nothing to do with creative ingenuity, originality or embracing the dynamic art of video game design. They aren't gamers.

This is why we will never get a game we want from a major developer. Its going to have to be from a no name company. One that doesn't just see dollar signs.

Wow, that message pretty much sums up where we are at. We are up shit's creek without a paddle.

Its our fault too. We buy these games (call of dooty, battlefield, etc) and we buy all their overpriced content. Hell call of duty releases a $60 game with $60 worth of DLC every year. These guys are freaking geniuses. I admit that even I have bought most of the call of dutys (probably never again after MW3) because you feel left out if you don't have it. I have never spent a dime on any CoD DLC though because I was never that into any of them. But I have spent way too much on DLC for other games.

Remember back to SOCOM: CA. They release probably the first ever DLC Map Pack. How much was it? 5 bucks? Its free now.

$120 x 6.5 million copies (just the first 24 hours of it being on sale) = at least $780 million EVERY YEAR

Nuts.

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if he is hired by Respawn Entertainment. You guys probably already know this but that studio was formed out of the two big shots that started Infinity Ward and were ultimately fired by Activision. Respawn already poached quite a few former Infinity ward employees. It's my understanding this is why MW3 wasn't just an Infinity Ward project (they had to get Sledgehammer games to help them complete it).

Wow, that message pretty much sums up where we are at. We are up shit's creek without a paddle.

Dude, we don't even have boat on this one ~ lol

And as for Activision, I'm sure they hired him NOT for his business-aspect but as a liaison between gamers and the developers. They just never expected him to go rogue. His experience will give any developer 'eyes' as to what the industry wants and YES with his knowledge of Activisions inner workings I'm sure he pre-signed a gag order or something and are probably still paying him just to keep his mouth shut. Who knows though...

Edited by CritiKiL