PS3: The First Console to Offer Amazon Instant Video

Hi again, PlayStation community. I’m here to bring some good news today: Amazon Instant Video is available now on <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/psn/">PlayStation Network</a>, making the <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/category/ps3/">PS3</a> the first and only video game console to offer the service! Head on over to the TV/Video Services category of the XMB, where you can download and install the new Amazon Instant Video app right now for free. Once you launch the app, you’ll have instant access to thousands of streaming and downloadable movies and TV shows for rental or purchase. There are more than 120,000 commercial-free movies and TV shows for rental or purchase, including new releases, classic favorites, major TV shows, full seasons and even new episodes of some of your favorite TV shows the day after they air. Many of the DVD and Blu-Ray titles on Amazon.com are also offered on Amazon Instant Video available through this new app.

More...

• Directors

If you compare netflix from a year ago (20% stuff you would actually watch) to netflix today, its def up to like 60+% stuff you would watch. I'd say, for the best at home coverage of video entertainment, netflix/redbox works out to be the cheapest way to access everything. Itunes as my backup for what is missing.

Like you care what I use for TapaTalk

• Directors

Let me add though, that's streaming only regarding netflix. Since just before their very first price hike, they def intentionally slowed down their disc shipping process. It was obvious that suddenly, it took 36 or so hours for them to process recvd discs, effectively adding a day to how long it took to get a new disc.

Example: get a disc Monday, watch it that afternoon and get it back in the mail by 5. Some time tues early am they would check it it and ship the next selection that morning. Wed you would have your next disc.

Now, you don't usually hear from them till the tues night. Adding at least a day between disc to disc.

Doesn't seem like a big deal but what is happening is they are significantly lowering the cap of how many discs you can rent in a month.

So, instant is great but paying for the disc based service isn't as good as it was.

Like you care what I use for TapaTalk